Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Which one? The blue one? Or Wally's original?
    The Flash #50 revision, Wally's first Flash redesign, the Messner-Loebs costume.

"INFINITE FRONTIER #0 comes out in March.

Lots of important moments for the DCU in that issue, so be sure to pre-order.

Here is a bit of art from that issue by the great @MrHowardPorter"

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...77511315394561

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    "INFINITE FRONTIER #0 comes out in March.

Lots of important moments for the DCU in that issue, so be sure to pre-order.

Here is a bit of art from that issue by the great @MrHowardPorter"

https://twitter.com/Williamson_Josh/...77511315394561
    Barry looks like he's Flashplaining to Wally...who looks oddly short.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He looks rather normally short...if he were 12 or 13. Seriously, Wally looks like a kid. Are we certain this isn't a scene from when he actually was Kid-Flash? Because this just doesn't look like present-day, grown-up Wally.

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    He looks rather normally short...if he were 12 or 13. Seriously, Wally looks like a kid. Are we certain this isn't a scene from when he actually was Kid-Flash? Because this just doesn't look like present-day, grown-up Wally.
    I know it's uncolored but I think the design matches more with Wally's current suit than the Kid Flash suit.

Always Rakzo

Wanted to talk a bit about the Future State Flash issue. I'm pretty sure that we all were expecting they were going to screw Wally even more based on the premise and they do... but they don't even do it in an interesting manner. They might as well have gone with Wally becoming a proper maniac in an amusing Elseworlds story like what has been happening in the Tales of the Dark Multiverse series but they came up with a dumb "he's possessed" route.

And the rest of the "plot" is not that good either. The biggest problem with the tie-in is that is just extremely dull.

Probably following the Snyder's Death Metal finale which I complained about when it was released.

THE FLASH #769

written by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by DAVID LaFUENTE
    and BRANDON PETERSON
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    card stock variant cover by ZI XU
    ON SALE 4/20/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    After an accident pushes Wally West into the time stream, the former Kid Flash lands in the body of his onetime partner, Impulse. Now sprinting through the 30th century side by side with the mysterious (and, yeah, ridiculous) Gold Beetle, Wally must uncover what's causing the destructive explosions that keep propelling him through time and the bodies of other speedsters.

So...is Wally the lead? Is he The Flash on the cover?

Gold Beetle is the descendant of Booster and Ted Kord? Kinda gives me Mattie Franklin vibes, with her making kissy faces at The Flash.

So...is Wally the lead? Is he The Flash on the cover?

Gold Beetle is the descendant of Booster and Ted Kord? Kinda gives me Mattie Franklin vibes, with her making kissy faces at The Flash.
    That is his costume, yes. But the solicits states that he "in the body of his onetime partner, Impulse" which is wierd, since that art looks like a adult Flash and Bart still is a teeneager.

Bart did once become an adult Flash himself though. So maybe it's a future Bart that he Quantum Leaped into.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

THE FLASH #769

written by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by DAVID LaFUENTE
    and BRANDON PETERSON
    ON SALE 4/20/21
    After an accident pushes Wally West into the time stream, the former Kid Flash lands in the body of his onetime partner, Impulse. Now sprinting through the 30th century side by side with the mysterious (and, yeah, ridiculous) Gold Beetle, Wally must uncover what's causing the destructive explosions that keep propelling him through time and the bodies of other speedsters.

I really like LaFuentes art back from his Ultimate Comics Spiderman days. I think he is a great fit for a Wally West story. Especially a time travel one. And Wally is the lead this issue!! Can't wait to check this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Bart did once become an adult Flash himself though. So maybe it's a future Bart that he Quantum Leaped into.
    If the covers are indicative enough of the dynamic with Gold Beetle, it would be less problematic if he were in an adult body.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I really like LaFuentes art back from his Ultimate Comics Spiderman days. I think he is a great fit for a Wally West story. Especially a time travel one. And Wally is the lead this issue!! Can't wait to check this one out.
    I think Lafuente is a better fit for Flash than Peterson.

This sounds like a fun story from the good old times! I will be giving this a shot.

If the covers are indicative enough of the dynamic with Gold Beetle, it would be less problematic if he were in an adult body.

I think Lafuente is a better fit for Flash than Peterson.
    I 100% agree.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

THE FLASH #769

written by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by DAVID LaFUENTE
    and BRANDON PETERSON
    ON SALE 4/20/21

Wow . I'm excited

A story with only Wally. No Barry in sight. Never thought I'd see that. The art for the main cover is awesome. Love seeing Wally with his white eyes and original suit.

Not too thrilled with Wally being in others bodies since I wanna see Wally. But sounds like a cool story going through the timeline. (My Didio trauma is telling me bouncing Wally through the timeline is too side line him. Lol.)

It is a but interesting as well that it doesn't seem a continuation from last months solicit.

Either way I'm super excited to see Wally in the spotlight and him having cool adventures agian.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 01-15-2021 at 01:29 PM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake