Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Finally DC seems to be doing something with Irey :

https://screenrant.com/dc-new-flash-...graphic-novel/

I can’t wait. Green Lantern Legacy was really fun.
    So that's my question - Do we know if that is Irey?

Admittedly, it would be weird that the Asian girl with red-orange hair isn't somehow a version of Irey, but I don't know. It could be a new version of classic Wally for all we know, I can't tell how much DC values Wally's children.

I thought it was Jesse.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I thought it was Jesse.
    I hope they don't turn her into a Kid Flash. Irey is the most obvious and logical choice here.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Her design looks like Wally from the Young Justice Cartoon too.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

I thought it was Jesse.
    Jesse would be such an unusual choice for a Kid Flash.

It's probably a new character. I'd love for it to be Iris but these OGNs are much more likely to go the OC route. Possibly with an OC Flash as a mentor.

I wish it was Irey but it's far more likely to be the kid he had with Artemis on YJ, since that's the most prominent relationship that Wally has had in an adaptation. The face and hair screams YJ Artemis Crock.
    Last edited by John Venus; 05-28-2021 at 05:33 PM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Working for Mr. Terrific sounds interesting.
    It's a great solution. It's a job Wally can do that doesn't interfere with his superheroing while still collecting a pay cheque.
    Plus, opens up some interesting story avenues....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

She has the same shoulder guard as YJ Kid Flash:

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Jesse would be such an unusual choice for a Kid Flash.

It's probably a new character. I'd love for it to be Iris but these OGNs are much more likely to go the OC route. Possibly with an OC Flash as a mentor.
    Well, John Stewart is a Green Lantern in the canon of those Graphic Novels, so it's not as if there aren't any classic characters.

I'm not really sure who that suppose to be, but she definitely evokes the classic look of silver-age Wally (and his appearance in Young Justice). I agree with Drako, Irey makes the most sense and is the most logical, but it may be easier for the writer/artist to just make a new character by scratch. Personally, I'm just happy to see something resembling Wally in these graphic novels aimed for kids/pre-teens, even if it's a new character. I'm actually going to assume it some short of West, and if it not a West family member, then that would be a very missed opportunity.

Yeah, won't surprise me if she's an OC, but logic does say she should be either Irey West or a gender inverted Wally.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind. Remember 09, when all those false promises about Wally were made and then Damn Didio spent the next 10 years trying really hard to reduce the Wally fandom to a punchline of a tired joke? Will, Barry has fans and I don't want that to happen to them (Okay, I'm not that good a person and I want that to happen to SOME of them, but not most).

There's space for both characters, and I for one would like to see the Flash fandom become peaceful once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I would hardly call Barry's current situation even close to what happened to Wally in 09. Barry has already had more page time during Wally's return than Wally did in over 5 years after Flash Rebirth ended. He's been in every issue and is playing a major part in the upcoming event where I assume he won't be murdering half of his peers.

Don't get me wrong, I like having Barry around and I want Barry fans to have plenty of places to enjoy their character as well but anyone who is acting like Barry is being shafted or treated the way Wally was is being unfair and I'd doubt how much they really want things to be fair for everyone anyway.

This has been a great start to what I hope is an actual run. Not an arc or two. A full run. We deserve to be able to enjoy this for longer than a five minute period to placate us. It sounds like Adams has long reaching plans for Wally and I hope DC keeps both of them around long enough to actually see it through.
    Some of the hardest campaigners for Wally's restoration were (wait for it)...Barry fans.

Number of complaints about the current situation from Barry fans at this forum: 0.

Just sayin', y'know?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Number of complaints about the current situation from Barry fans at this forum: 0.

Exactly. Wouldn't it be nice if there's no reason for complaints, from anybody, from now on?

(Even though twitter is another matter right now, but that's not relevant, really)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Some of the hardest campaigners for Wally's restoration were (wait for it)...Barry fans.

Just sayin', y'know?

This forum's largely been good about it, mostly because it's a heavily Wally leaning space.

I think Wally fan paranoia is incredibly understandable.

Astonishing Member

I am fine with Wally as Flash and having the Flash title.

Barry should be in Justice Incarnate and JL.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Her design looks like Wally from the Young Justice Cartoon too.

This looks beautiful and I'd love to read it.

Always wondered why we never had any Flash YA titles. Glad the company is making up for lost time.