Page 57 of 120 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Thank You Jeremy Adams!!

Unlike previous writers over the last decade or so, you have given us more than simply lip service about your love of the character!
    Your excitement in the interview had my hopes up, and you have blown my expectations outta the water.
    For the first time since 'Crossfire' I can't wait to read the next issue of the Flash.
    As a LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG suffering Wally West fan, you have made this old fart exceedingly happy!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

This book is fantastic! Such a fun read with beautiful art and some crazy ideas. I love how Adams writes Wally, Barry and Jay. This is the best dialogue this comic has had since Waid and Johns first runs. And that last page was fantastic! I could have waited YEARS before seeing you know who again but the context here is amazing.

Jeremy Adams is making this Flash fan happy again! Hopefully Wally and Jeremy stay on this book for years to come. This feels like the start of something special....so don't mess it up DC!

Jeremy Adams is a member of a comic facebook group that I'm in and I just had to give him a shout out and a thank you. It's been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time that I've been excited about anything DC related and this book is at the top of my to read pile every release.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Great issue, lot of fun.
    DC this is the direction, no more unjustified drama and tragedies but healthy fun! Don't mess it again.
    This week made me happy with Nightwing and The Flash.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Good time to be a Wally fan. Glad to have this in my pullbox.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Something that's been long missing from the title - FUN!!
    I'm not asking for a masterpiece (although that'd be nice), runs like Waid and Johns are more the exception than the norm.
    But I want to be entertained. I want to read Wally West and recognise the character.
    But MOST of all, I want to see my favourite character end up better than when the writer first found him.
    Three issues in, and it's looking good!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Something that's been long missing from the title - FUN!!
    I'm not asking for a masterpiece (although that'd be nice), runs like Waid and Johns are more the exception than the norm.
    But I want to be entertained. I want to read Wally West and recognise the character.
    But MOST of all, I want to see my favourite character end up better than when the writer first found him.
    Three issues in, and it's looking good!
    Indeed! It's been a LONG time since a DC title has been at the top of my reading list............actually in recent years in been a long time since a DC title was in my pull list period.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah it's been a solid book so far.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Josh Williamson did a Word Balloon that was posted on another thread. Pretty fun interview. Love his passion.

They spoke about Wally for a bit. Not anything new though. Mostly why people love the character. He did mention he wants both Barry and Wally in there so they might alternate or just guest star with each other.

He did mention that it is Wally in JL last ride. And about the mix up in JL. He said its Barry because Barry isnt leaving until New Frontier starts in June. Maybe after that it will be Wally in JL.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Josh Williamson did a Word Balloon that was posted on another thread. Pretty fun interview. Love his passion.

They spoke about Wally for a bit. Not anything new though. Mostly why people love the character. He did mention he wants both Barry and Wally in there so they might alternate or just guest star with each other.

He did mention that it is Wally in JL last ride. And about the mix up in JL. He said its Barry because Barry isnt leaving until New Frontier starts in June. Maybe after that it will be Wally in JL.
    Yeah I just listened to this last night. It was a good interview. I am not a fan of Williamsons writing in Flash but there is no doubt he loves all the characters. He said he was constantly fighting to use Wally in the book.

I hope the status quo stays in place for a while. I really want to see Jeremy Adams do what he plans for the book. Keep Barry in Infinite Frontier, JL for a while. That being said I would not mind it if they shared the book...as long as it is written well.

So does it mean they are happy about the feedback on current Flash? I wish we could get solid metrics on that....At least it's got good word of mouth, which is better than nothing.

Speaking of feedback, the BC reviews of the new Flash run keep cracking me up. The irony is I'm not sure they're actually meant to be funny but they totally are.
    Last edited by Johnny; 05-24-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Speaking of feedback, the BC reviews of the new Flash run keep cracking me up. The irony is I'm not sure they're actually meant to be funny but they totally are.
    Yeah I have read those. They are pretty ridiculous.

Astonishing Member

BC reviews have always been really bad so that's not much of a surprise.

Incredible Member

Is it time for the monthly Nightwing and Flash Team up book yet?