Page 13 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Kamen Rider if they alternated episodes as to who the Main Rider was.

Probably specific circumstances while he's stuck in Bart's body.
    Kinda off topic, but the original Kamen Rider series aired in the US or ya'll watched on your own? It's has been referenced here so many times.
    Here we only had Kamen Rider Black and Black RX, not that i'm complaining since it's my favorite ones.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention how jaw droppingly brilliant that Peterson cover is!
    That Dominator is amazing.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Well, Kamen Rider if they alternated episodes as to who the Main Rider was.
    They did, and team-up arcs often resulted in one Rider handing the show over to the other. Ichimonji/Rider Nigo replaced Hongo/Rider Ichigo rather abruptly in Episode 14 of the series because Hongo's actor, Fujioka Hiroshi, was badly injured while performing a motorcycle stunt for the show and would be out of commission for more than six months. When Hongo/Rider Ichigo returned to the series many months later, he was gradually eased back in while the show continued to feature Ichimonji/Rider Nigo as the lead for a while longer. After Ichigo resumed the focal role full-time, Nigo made periodic guest appearances in extended story arcs, including the series finale.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Last edited by Buried Alien; 01-16-2021 at 06:42 PM.
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

I always thought it ended up more mutual based on how often you tout it. Periodic guest appearances after the original comes back to take back his "rightful" role basically is what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I always thought it ended up more mutual based on how often you tout it. Periodic guest appearances after the original comes back to take back his "rightful" role basically is what happened.
    After the original series ended, Ichigo and Nigo almost always appeared together in the sequel series featuring the later Riders (V3, X, Amazon, Stronger, etc.). On rare occasions, they appeared separately as guest stars on the later Riders' series, but from 1973 onward, the general rule of thumb has been that Ichigo and Nigo appear together.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'd also be remiss if I didn't mention how jaw droppingly brilliant that Peterson cover is!
    That Dominator is amazing.
    Yes that cover is really cool. Besides for seeing Wally in his original suit.

And seeing the Dominaters on the cover is interesting. Dont know much about them though .
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

I always feels weird when I see the dominators because of how clearly racist inspired, or intentionally racist, their design is.

They have a kind of natural tie in to The Flash/Bart/Jenni because The Dominator's invasion of Earth is what the Tornado Twins died fighting. Said sacrifice being (at one point in continuity) an inspiration for the Legion of Superheroes.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-16-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Kinda off topic, but the original Kamen Rider series aired in the US or ya'll watched on your own? It's has been referenced here so many times.
    Here we only had Kamen Rider Black and Black RX, not that i'm complaining since it's my favorite ones.
    You can stream the original Kamen Rider subbed now .
    Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    They did, and team-up arcs often resulted in one Rider handing the show over to the other. Ichimonji/Rider Nigo replaced Hongo/Rider Ichigo rather abruptly in Episode 14 of the series because Hongo's actor, Fujioka Hiroshi, was badly injured while performing a motorcycle stunt for the show and would be out of commission for more than six months. When Hongo/Rider Ichigo returned to the series many months later, he was gradually eased back in while the show continued to feature Ichimonji/Rider Nigo as the lead for a while longer. After Ichigo resumed the focal role full-time, Nigo made periodic guest appearances in extended story arcs, including the series finale.

You don't need to explain the Double Riders to me .

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I always feels weird when I see the dominators because of how clearly racist inspired, or intentionally racist, their design is.

They have a kind of natural tie in to The Flash/Bart/Jenni because The Dominator's invasion of Earth is what the Tornado Twins died fighting. Said sacrifice being (at one point in continuity) an inspiration for the Legion of Superheroes.
    At least they're not naked like in the Arrowverse...

You don't need to explain the Double Riders to me .
    For the uninitiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    THE FLASH #769

written by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by DAVID LaFUENTE
    and BRANDON PETERSON
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    card stock variant cover by ZI XU
    ON SALE 4/20/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    After an accident pushes Wally West into the time stream, the former Kid Flash lands in the body of his onetime partner, Impulse. Now sprinting through the 30th century side by side with the mysterious (and, yeah, ridiculous) Gold Beetle, Wally must uncover what's causing the destructive explosions that keep propelling him through time and the bodies of other speedsters.
    I haven't picked a Flash book since Wally's ended pre-Flash Rebirth. I'm looking forward to this.

I took a look at Marchs cover again and now it all makes sense with April's solicit. Showing the heads of Jay, Bart and I guess a cave man speedster. As well as the different time periods. Prehistoric, future.

Also Flash has white eyes on the cover so its Wally. Cant believe I missed that.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

So he wants to quit but stuff happens and he travels to other eras of Flash. At the end he will probably understand his importance in legacy and make a comeback?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    So he wants to quit but stuff happens and he travels to other eras of Flash. At the end he will probably understand his importance in legacy and make a comeback?
    Hopefully. With Wally being on the Infinite Frontier spread and the JL tease as well it shows hes not going anywhere.

KfJNFMvu_090520043632lola.jpg

By the great Oscar Jimenez.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I took a look at Marchs cover again and now it all makes sense with April's solicit. Showing the heads of Jay, Bart and I guess a cave man speedster. As well as the different time periods. Prehistoric, future.

Also Flash has white eyes on the cover so its Wally. Cant believe I missed that.
    Oh wow you are absolutely right, I guess it all just makes sense once it is put in context.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.