Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Thats great. Thanks.

Im excited we get another comic with Wally in it. Too bad I didnt know about it before, otherwise i would have pre ordered the first issue. I gotta pick up the rest. The actual story and art is pretty good also so I dont mind the excuse. Lol.

Wish they would make his Flash suit a little more Wallyish. Or at least not the New 52 one which Wally didnt even exist for.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I would love to see John and Wally interact with each other in the upcoming issues.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I doubt it. Once they stated Barry as the movie Flash and the TV show Flash that cemented it for decades to come. These adaptations don't really care, at the end of the day. The name's pretty irrelevant besides just being the same technical IP. Adaptation media doesn't care to do a second generational story, they'd just rather stick with the same character.
    Well let's see it like this; the first MCU, live-action Captain America movie came out ten years ago now, featuring Steve Rogers. Within the span of that one decade, Sam Wilson was made Captain America in the comics, MCU Steve ages up and retires from being a hero, and hands the shield to Sam. Sam is now Captain America, with a fourth Cap film in a production featuring Sam as the lead hero. So all that happened within the span of one decade, who says that DC can do something in their cinematic universe. Heck, it could be easier on them since they have the multiverse now. Joker and The Batman take place in a separate universe? Cool, then they can Wally West be the Flash in one of those universes if they are so deadset with Barry being the Flash in the main universe.

Obviously, my Sam Wilson comparison isn't that good, as Sam being a black man adds more diversity and has more meaning to him taking a mantle than let to say Wally taking the mantle of Flash from another white guy. We've talked about this in length before, and I don't want to dwell on it too much, but that is what I kind of see live-action as a lost cause at the moment. However, I don't think we will be waiting decades for any major Wally appearances. Again, within the span of one decade, we got a live-action Steve Rogers as Captain America to live-action Sam Wilson as Captain America. Comic books are the seeds from which all other merchandising and adaptations are sprouted, and if the comics are cool with Wally being the main Flash again, then I don't think it's unreasonable to believe it won't be the case again in future adaptations.

Astonishing Member

I don't think it's fair to compare anything DC is doing to Marvel's unprecedented success. Sam Wilson and Wally aren't really comparable in that light. DC is struggling to even make their first Flash movie. They aren't going to be able to hash a spinoff alternate universe Flash movie just to put Wally West in the headliner spot to confuse the entire casual audience.

Though the black representation isn't really a point. If they somehow went with Wally he'd be black in the live action stuff like Sam Wilson is.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I don't think it's fair to compare anything DC is doing to Marvel's unprecedented success. Sam Wilson and Wally aren't really comparable in that light. DC is struggling to even make their first Flash movie. They aren't going to be able to hash a spinoff alternate universe Flash movie just to put Wally West in the headliner spot to confuse the entire casual audience.

Though the black representation isn't really a point. If they somehow went with Wally he'd be black in the live action stuff like Sam Wilson is.
    Oh yeah, the whole DC Cinematic Universe is a mess. It shouldn't have taken this long for them to make a Flash movie, or a solo Batman for that matter (and the Batman movie isn't even going to take place in the same universe!). While I still think they can make an alternate universe Wally West Flash, DC first needs to have their audiences be more accepting of the idea of the Multiverse and different continuity. That is why I essentially let go of live-action as a lost cause in terms of Wally showing up anytime soon.

The reason I made the Sam Wilson comparison is to show that things change, recent comic book changes can have an effect on other adaptations. These recent seasons of The Flash TV show have taken elements directly from Rebirth storylines that were only published a few years ago. If a character like Godspeed can make his first live-action appearance in The Flash TV show a few short years after debuting in the comics, why can't the same be said about Wally being the main Flash in other media? If the DC comics are presenting a continuity where two different Flashes can exist, then I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see that reflected in other stuff like animated movies or TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love me some Gurihiru DC art .

They should do a Flash book...
    Maybe an Impulse title starring both Impulses? They could set it up with Wally asking Bart to babysit the twins, but they get up to hijinks. Bart enjoys it enough to make it a regular thing, and it also gives him a chance to get to know his mantle sharer properly. Bart and Jai would probably bond over a shared love of video games.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

More so than live action, I wish DC would beef up their animation department. I grew up with the DCAU, the journey from B:TAS to JLU was incredible. Flash, GL, WW and Aquaman need their solo shows. I want the same treatment for them as well. I would love for Wally to get something akin to 'Into the Spider-verse'.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This is awesome ! We now have three books with Wally as The Flash !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtOY3Wr2LU

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe an Impulse title starring both Impulses? They could set it up with Wally asking Bart to babysit the twins, but they get up to hijinks. Bart enjoys it enough to make it a regular thing, and it also gives him a chance to get to know his mantle sharer properly. Bart and Jai would probably bond over a shared love of video games.
    Sounds like fun .
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    More so than live action, I wish DC would beef up their animation department. I grew up with the DCAU, the journey from B:TAS to JLU was incredible. Flash, GL, WW and Aquaman need their solo shows. I want the same treatment for them as well. I would love for Wally to get something akin to 'Into the Spider-verse'.
    Flash deserves his own cartoon.

Spectacular Member

I love that idea, I can imagine a series of HBO Max mini-series staring all the leaguers that eventually lead to a new Justice League Show. I do think we will get a return to the DCAU, and I also think Wally will return to the Young Justice show as well. I think having Wally return as the main Flash, while still have Barry do his own stuff in the comics, maybe setting up the idea that different media will have different Flashes. The Live-Action movies will have a version of Barry, while the animated stuff will have Wally.

I've posted this several times, but I do think the future of Wally in other media will probably stem from TV shows, animated stuff, and maybe video games. The live-action is still mostly based on the New 52 and Rebirth stuff, so we'll won't probably see a comics accurate Wally in those media until they completely start over from scratch again, which will most likely take many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Further proof that DC wants Wally to be their main Flash again, at least in the comics. Where would this lead in other media, I don't know. But I wouldn't think the higher-ups wouldn't be allowing this if this didn't mean anything outside of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That woulda great premise for a mini-series. DC has been doing a lot of limited runs, which is probably for the best. Other than the heavy hitters, like Batman and... Batman adjacent titles, not a lot of superhero comics can last as an ongoing anymore. Nice, short stories with a beginning, middle, and end may be the best for most characters and heroes going forward,

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    I love that idea, I can imagine a series of HBO Max mini-series staring all the leaguers that eventually lead to a new Justice League Show. I do think we will get a return to the DCAU, and I also think Wally will return to the Young Justice show as well. I think having Wally return as the main Flash, while still have Barry do his own stuff in the comics, maybe setting up the idea that different media will have different Flashes. The Live-Action movies will have a version of Barry, while the animated stuff will have Wally.

I've posted this several times, but I do think the future of Wally in other media will probably stem from TV shows, animated stuff, and maybe video games. The live-action is still mostly based on the New 52 and Rebirth stuff, so we'll won't probably see a comics accurate Wally in those media until they completely start over from scratch again, which will most likely take many years.

Further proof that DC wants Wally to be their main Flash again, at least in the comics. Where would this lead in other media, I don't know. But I wouldn't think the higher-ups wouldn't be allowing this if this didn't mean anything outside of comics.
    I don't think they're chasing exact media synergy. Just probably depends on the property and what, say, a media adaption is going for.

I mean, JSA:WW2 just used Barry so I'm not expecting Wally to pop up in animated films any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post

Flash, JL, what’s the third?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I love Chip Zdarsky so I may need to check this book out.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by transformers03 View Post
    Oh yeah, the whole DC Cinematic Universe is a mess. It shouldn't have taken this long for them to make a Flash movie, or a solo Batman for that matter (and the Batman movie isn't even going to take place in the same universe!). While I still think they can make an alternate universe Wally West Flash, DC first needs to have their audiences be more accepting of the idea of the Multiverse and different continuity. That is why I essentially let go of live-action as a lost cause in terms of Wally showing up anytime soon.

The reason I made the Sam Wilson comparison is to show that things change, recent comic book changes can have an effect on other adaptations. These recent seasons of The Flash TV show have taken elements directly from Rebirth storylines that were only published a few years ago. If a character like Godspeed can make his first live-action appearance in The Flash TV show a few short years after debuting in the comics, why can't the same be said about Wally being the main Flash in other media? If the DC comics are presenting a continuity where two different Flashes can exist, then I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to see that reflected in other stuff like animated movies or TV shows.
    By that same vein that just snatch and adapt stuff from Wally's run to put on Barry. The fact that they'll adapt anything doesn't mean they'll adapt Wally actually being The Flash. They've got no reason to confuse their audience.

It is actually embarrassing that Marvel beat DC to a concept like Into the Spider-verse. The Flash franchise would've fit that entire idea a million times over perfectly. An entire legacy/spinoff movie concept. But that kind of harkens to my earlier point about Marvel's movie success being something DC won't be able to replicate.

The audience isn't confused by two Captain Americas, two Spider-Men (or even a whole multiverse of them) or two Quicksilvers. They can handle two Flashes.