Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Cool. I have that poster.

RCO029_w_1600761719.jpg
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally by my favorite Flash artist of all time, Scott Kollins.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

FlashVol291OutOfTime29499_f.jpg

Although he only had a short stint, I think Wieringo had the biggest impact.
    His Wally was so completely different to everything else on the shelves at the time it kinda hit me right between the eyes.

That said, we readers were blessed with the artists we got while Wally was DC's go-to Flash.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Serious question, can you feel those weather if you run in a flash? Maybe not while doing the running, but the sudden change of temperature would be murder.

I'm reading through Waid's run for the first time, and I can see why Wally's characterization has created such die hard fans. He has a standout personality (badass, funny, and relatable without going too far in any direction), and his story really added to the tapestry of the DCU as well. Here's to hoping '21 brings Wally back into prominence.

Haha. Love it.

Yeah Wally definitely had that every man charm. Even when complaining or being sour he had a charisma.

Although most of the time he was light hearted he could get grumpy or obnoxious like normal people. Something that he lost with Geoff John's run.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Always Rakzo

I'm reading through Waid's run for the first time, and I can see why Wally's characterization has created such die hard fans. He has a standout personality (badass, funny, and relatable without going too far in any direction), and his story really added to the tapestry of the DCU as well. Here's to hoping '21 brings Wally back into prominence.

Is even better during William Messner-Loebs' run. That's where that personality was created and where it was at its purest form.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Although most of the time he was light hearted he could get grumpy or obnoxious like normal people. Something that he lost with Geoff John's run.
    Well, he could definitely get grumpy in that run...

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    And he was grumpy all the time with Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans. Before his exit of the Team his grumpiness was becoming unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, he could definitely get grumpy in that run...
    Definitely. But that's one of the reasons I loved the guy in that run. He had personality and was fun. And it never lasted too long.

1-2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    And he was grumpy all the time with Marv Wolfman's Teen Titans. Before his exit of the Team his grumpiness was becoming unbearable.
    Yeah that I'll give you. He wasnt that much fun in there. I dont see too many Wally fans pointing to that run as a favorite Wally series or that important to him. They mainly used him for tough drama.

ON9uydM.jpg

Up until he took on the mantle after Crisis DC didnt seem to know what to do with him back then in general.