Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1543
  1. #1186
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    At this point you guys are making me believe the most likely scenario is Wally getting shafted again.
    There's a sort of built in skepticism and pessimism amongst Wally Fans. We've been lied to and fed sweet nothings and then been disappointed so many times for like 15 years.

    This is the best it's been in awhile, admittedly, but it's going to take a bit to break that fear.

  2. #1187
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    475

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's a sort of built in skepticism and pessimism amongst Wally Fans. We've been lied to and fed sweet nothings and then been disappointed so many times for like 15 years.

    This is the best it's been in awhile, admittedly, but it's going to take a bit to break that fear.
    Situation looks pretty bleak for comics sales in general. I don't think the industry can afford two Flash titles like some people want, no matter how much his hardcore fanbase loves Wally. I still think bringing Barry back when Wally was already a well estabilished and highly beloved character was a horrible mistake that caused a lot of problems, but what can we do now that he also has his own fanbase. The accumulating continuity, constant change of directions due to whoever is running DC at a given time and overcomplication of things creates problems in the long run and satisfying everyone is becoming increasingly impossible in this modern comic landscape. I hope Wally stays for a while but best we can hope for is them co-starring in the title.
    Last edited by Maxi; 07-23-2021 at 07:58 AM.

  3. #1188
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Situation looks pretty bleak for comics sales in general. I don't think the industry can afford two Flash titles like some people want, no matter how much his hardcore fanbase loves Wally. I still think bringing Barry back when Wally was already a well estabilished and highly beloved character was a horrible mistake that caused a lot of problems, but what can we do now that he also has his own fanbase. The accumulating continuity, constant change of directions due to whoever is running DC at a given time and overcomplication of things creates problems in the long run and satisfying everyone is becoming increasingly impossible in this modern comic landscape. I hope Wally stays for a while but best we can hope for is them co-starring in the title.
    I guess it depends on the direction of the Infinite Frontier storyline since Barry's kind of stuck with that right now.

  4. #1189
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Situation looks pretty bleak for comics sales in general. I don't think the industry can afford two Flash titles like some people want, no matter how much his hardcore fanbase loves Wally. I still think bringing Barry back when Wally was already a well estabilished and highly beloved character was a horrible mistake that caused a lot of problems, but what can we do now that he also has his own fanbase. The accumulating continuity, constant change of directions due to whoever is running DC at a given time and overcomplication of things creates problems in the long run and satisfying everyone is becoming increasingly impossible in this modern comic landscape. I hope Wally stays for a while but best we can hope for is them co-starring in the title.
    But Wonder Woman's sales is almost the same with Superman and Green lantern. But yet receives more mini and ongoing than the Flash. This is more like editorials choosy.

  5. #1190
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    But Wonder Woman's sales is almost the same with Superman and Green lantern. But yet receives more mini and ongoing than the Flash. This is more like editorials choosy.
    Wonder Woman only has 2 minis at the moment. One has already started (Black and Gold) the other starts in October. Both are 6 issues. That's not much. Plus Wonder Woman herself has one ongoing (unlike Batman), the other outgoing is Wonder Girl. I should mention that even the comics which have POC (legacy heroes) aren't doing well for DC. Look at Next Batman: Second Son for example. The notable exception is Static Shock ( who btw isn't a legacy hero).

  6. #1191
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    In this weeks comics they have the teases for Infinite Frontier theyve been puting in the back and one of them shows Wally fighting Heat wave but with a red and silver suit instead of the red and gold.

    Most likely a mistake but it looks pretty good and Id be happy if they made that Wally's look.

    20210727_090956.jpg
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 07-27-2021 at 06:10 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

  7. #1192
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    71,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    In this weeks comics they have the teases for Infinite Frontier theyve been puting in the back and one of them shows Wally fighting Heat wave but with a red and silver suit instead of the red and gold.

    Most likely a mistake but it looks pretty good and Id be happy if they made that Wally's look.

    20210727_090956.jpg
    I guess if they get worried about the Barry resemblance again...

  8. #1193
    Astonishing Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    BR
    Posts
    2,496

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    In this weeks comics they have the teases for Infinite Frontier theyve been puting in the back and one of them shows Wally fighting Heat wave but with a red and silver suit instead of the red and gold.

    Most likely a mistake but it looks pretty good and Id be happy if they made that Wally's look.

    20210727_090956.jpg
    Looks kinda like this one.
    Does anyone knows where this is from?


  9. #1194
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Looks kinda like this one.
    Does anyone knows where this is from?

    Dc Retroactive:The Flash the 90's.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

    Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

  10. #1195
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if they get worried about the Barry resemblance again...
    A distinct but minor color change is a fine way to differentiate it. Still looks like and comes off as The Flash.

  11. #1196
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,106

    Default

    Just giving Wally the cowl with his current look is exactly what I wanted so I’d be happy to have that look for him
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  12. #1197
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    A distinct but minor color change is a fine way to differentiate it. Still looks like and comes off as The Flash.
    Except he gets the Silver Medal.... ¨¨
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  13. #1198
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    And Barry gets the...yellow medal? So what?

  14. #1199
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    337

    Default

    Some people think

    Gold/yellow - 1st tier heroes - Barry and Diana

    Silver - 2nd tier heroes - Wally and Donna

  15. #1200
    Incredible Member InfamousBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Boston MA
    Posts
    503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just giving Wally the cowl with his current look is exactly what I wanted so I’d be happy to have that look for him
    This is all I wanted as well.
    DC: Batman, Detective Comics, The Flash, Superman, Adventure Comics, Justice League, Robin, Green Lantern
    MARVEL: Avengers, Daredevil, Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Moon Knight, Miles Morales

    BRING BACK THE JSA!!!!

    Slightly Stoopid is one of the greatest reggae bands ever!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •