Page 66 of 120 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

This book is just such a joy. I love every page. The Superfriends stuff is so fun. The banter between Barry, Michael and Ollie is hilarious and that moment with Wally and Iris...SOOOOO good. Seeing her in her Kid Flash costume made me so happy. I love this book. Jeremy Adams is awesome! He might not be a name yet but neither was Geoff Johns when he took over, Williamson wasn't either...and even Waid was known more as an editor prior to writing Wally if I remember correctly. This book needs word of mouth. But yeah a new #1 would have been nice.

DC please let Jeremy Adams stayon this book as long as he likes!

Looks like the Flash Planet will make a come back.

https://twitter.com/spacekicker/stat...63861750501376
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You don't need to be a "name" to write good stories though...
    Unfortunate, the sale proves otherwise/\.

Just check into comicon chart, I was deeply scare how poor the performance look like:

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Just check into comicon chart, I was deeply scare how poor the performance look like:

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66
    While I was hoping for a higher ranking, the Flash has never been a big seller (relaunches not withstanding).
    Even during the height of the Waid or Johns runs, the book rarely sold 50K a month.
    I WILL say Adams is absolutely smashing it. His first storyarc has been great fun and I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles the Wally/Mick dynamic after the Annual.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66
    Johns first run started out with low sales and picked up more and more with word of mouth and the buzz for the Blitz story. Too bad they didn't relaunch though and do some press for this book. I would not be surprised if casual fans weren't even aware its Wally.

BANNED

Totally erasure of Heroes in Crisis is illogical; it changed too many things for too many characters for that to ever make any sense. That being said, what significant damage is there left to repair? Not only has Wally found redemption since HiC, and not only do dead heroes come back all the time, but several of the ones who were killed in Heroes in Crisis already DID come back. Actually, the only one who we're waiting for to come back-- since she's the only one left who matters -- is Solstice...and and in all likelihood we will see her again. For the little time we knew her, she was popular. And does anyone really care about Tattooed Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Standish View Post
    Totally erasure of Heroes in Crisis is illogical; it changed too many things for too many characters for that to ever make any sense. That being said, what significant damage is there left to repair? Not only has Wally found redemption since HiC, and not only do dead heroes come back all the time, but several of the ones who were killed in Heroes in Crisis already DID come back. Actually, the only one who we're waiting for to come back-- since she's the only one left who matters -- is Solstice...and and in all likelihood we will see her again. For the little time we knew her, she was popular. Does anyone really care about Tattooed Man?
    Well, it has already been said that Thawne is the one who hypnotized Wally into doing the framing of Booster and Harley. So he is clear on that. I think now Adams is just going to explain the speed force explosion to be something that isn't Wallys fault. Lets face it it was dumb to begin with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Oh, certainly. I didn't mean to imply that this would cause HiC to not happen at all; just that it would be changed from “Wally had an emotional breakdown, triggering a Speed Force explosion that killed everyone, and making him a literal walking time bomb set to go off again the next time he has a nervous breakdown” to “the Speed Force was sick, and was erupting out of speedsters throughout time and the Omniverse, including but not limited to Wally in Sanctuary. Wally is about to purge the Speed Force of whatever it is that's been making it sick, so that that doesn't happen again.”

I also am hoping that this will overwrite everything else about HiC: the stuff about Wally desecrating corpses to hide his involvement and the scheme to travels through time to murder himself. I can see that getting eliminated by the conclusion of this arc.
    You may disagree with this but I think Wally's desecrating corpses and his machinations to cover up the accident are redeemable, hypnotized or not.

As well, I don't believe he was out of character in HiC. Wally has always had a modicum of darkness. It was prominent in New Teen Titans, where he had a selfish streak that was certainly forgivable but significant enough to be mentionable. And let's not forget JLA, where Wally was real jerk to Kyle Rayner for a very long time. He also was mean to Plastic Man for no reason whatsoever. The truth is that Wally already had a bit of an ego as well as anxiety about his place in the world, exacerbated further by losing his family and friends. By HiC all that he left was his image as a hero, which is something that has historically been the most important thing he defines himself by -- way more than most other heroes. He ate and drank being a hero and lived for the fanfare. So, when push comes to shove, it's easy to see someone like Wally West with his many insecurities going to excessive lengths. The cover-up was a moment when everything was on the line followed by the feeling of it being too late to go back once you've started.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol
    I think now Adams is just going to explain the speed force explosion to be something that isn't Wallys fault.
    Why is that even necessary though? It was an accident. And again, Wally has already found redemption.
    Last edited by Standish; 06-17-2021 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Well, it has already been said that Thawne is the one who hypnotized Wally into doing the framing of Booster and Harley. So he is clear on that. I think now Adams is just going to explain the speed force explosion to be something that isn't Wallys fault. Lets face it it was dumb to begin with.
    Could you give a reference to where that Thawne thing was described? I was unaware of it.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Fantastic Member

Not only has Wally found redemption since HiC
    And when did this happen?

All Wally has done since Heroes in Crisis is the exact same thing he's been doing since he was ten. If doing the hero thing counts as redemption, then Wally has never needed to be redeemed because he's saved the world dozens of time before that. Any scenario where Wally avoids proper punishment for his actions isn't redemption in my opinion.

But between the Thawne retcon and where the surge arc is headed, it appears DC is just going to absolve Wally of all wrong doing. The Speed Force being infected caused the explosion while the cover up was Wally essentially being mind controlled. So while HiC will stay, Wally's role in it has been greatly changed.

Ultimate Member

You may disagree with this but I think Wally's desecrating corpses and his machinations to cover up the accident are redeemable, hypnotized or not.

As well, I don't believe he was out of character in HiC. Wally has always had a modicum of darkness. It was prominent in New Teen Titans, where he had a selfish streak that was certainly forgivable but significant enough to be mentionable. And let's not forget JLA, where Wally was real jerk to Kyle Rayner for a very long time. He also was mean to Plastic Man for no reason whatsoever. The truth is that Wally already had a bit of an ego as well as anxiety about his place in the world, exacerbated further by losing his family and friends. By HiC all that he left was his image as a hero, which is something that has historically been the most important thing he defines himself by -- way more than most other heroes. He ate and drank being a hero and lived for the fanfare. So, when push comes to shove, it's easy to see someone like Wally West with his many insecurities going to excessive lengths. The cover-up was a moment when everything was on the line followed by the feeling of it being too late to go back once you've started.

Why is that even necessary though? It was an accident. And again, Wally has already found redemption.
    Wally's got a bit of a jerk in him, no doubt, but there's a difference between being a jerk and covering up deaths and framing two innocent people.

Also, when did he treat Plastic Man that badly? I mean, Eel is kinda a douche

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Also, when did he treat Plastic Man that badly? I mean, Eel is kinda a douche
    I believe it was during the fallout with Bruce and the League after Tower of Babel.

And it wasn't for no reason as things were tense with all members and Eel was being kind of a douche like you mention.

Eh personally for me I just think it is stupid. In HIC Wally mentions it as something speedsters never tell you about. How you are always holding it in and in this case his guard was down an BAM! He exploed and killed people. It came out of the blue (which makes sense because the story was already hashed out before they chose Wally) and it is dumb because there have been speedsters in the past that were much less stable and this never happened. Lets just explain it away in a fun story and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Could you give a reference to where that Thawne thing was described? I was unaware of it.
    I forget the issue # but it was in Williamsons last arc. He showed that Thawne manipulated Wally in HIC, Wallace in Teen Titans and maybe some other stuff.

Maybe someone else here has the issue # off hand?

BANNED

Off the top of my head, there was one instance where Eel was making light of a bad situation and Wally shut him down for no real reason; I think Wally even lunged at him. Meanwhile, Wally has a history of doing the same thing. I also believe I recall Wally trying to shame Eel because he had a criminal past before he joined JLA. That combined with his behavior toward Kyle has long been one unappealing side of Wally; going after what he sees as low-hanging fruit. In his defense, he's gotten WAY better over the years, lol. The only reason I even mention is because people like to pick and choose what they remember about Wally.
    Last edited by Standish; 06-17-2021 at 11:53 AM.