Page 115 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Re: Flash. Didn't enjoy this issue as much as others. The fourth wall breaking required too much physical action. Adams should have added riddles and puzzles to make it more exciting for us poor digital readers. It didn't help that this is a monthly book and nothing happened, it felt like a waste of time.

Re: TTAcademy. Wally finally gets some decent art. Not liking the implication when he talks to Raven though :/
    Sadly, it's not too OOC for Wally to be tempted:

flash vol 2 annual 13 2.jpg

Source: Flash Annual 2 #13

Thankfully, he's never acted on those impulses and Jay keeps him straight.

Oh, so it was Wally admiring Raven? I assumed that was just a reference to their past romance (without the messy details).

Astonishing Member

Yeah he's greeting Raven and Starfire and goes al "humina humina" because apparently Wally's still a horndog simpleton.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    The Teen Titans Academy situation is that making Wally going back to Rebirth suit will still view him as a murderer in front of the public eyes. But even in the classic Flash costume, he is still recognise as the Flash who get away with murder from the public.
    I think there's something else going on, I don't think they're referencing HiC. The public doesn't know about Wally being "responsible" for HiC and it's already been full retconned anyhow.

Which does bring up the question of has Wally told the other Titans that Roy died by sacrificing himself intentionally to stop Savitar.
    Last edited by Dred; 11-26-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Yeah he's greeting Raven and Starfire and goes al "humina humina" because apparently Wally's still a horndog simpleton.
    I think "humina humina" is a bit much even if he is remarking on an ex he probably hasn't seen in a while.

It's pretty clear from the scans that he was drooling over Kory until Raven asked him about Linda to snap him out of it.

I don't mind it as long as writers don't do a story line where he cheats on Linda. Just because you're married doesn't mean your hormones have stopped working. As long as he resists the temptation, it's fine.

Please who doesn't drool over Starfire or Raven. As long as it doesn't go any further, it should be perfectly acceptable. Peter Parker still drools over Black Cat to this day and MJ still teases him for it. Besides Wally hasn't seen them both in a long time so I imagine it can be difficult to take a glimpse at a fellow teammate he hasn't seen in a while who looks like that and not make an innocent remark about their looks. Doesn't make the guy a simpleton.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Please who doesn't drool over Starfire or Raven. As long as it doesn't go any further, it should be perfectly acceptable. Peter Parker still drools over Black Cat to this day and MJ still teases him for it. Besides Wally hasn't seen them both in a long time so I imagine it can be difficult to take a glimpse at a fellow teammate he hasn't seen in a while who looks like that and not make an innocent remark about their looks. Doesn't make the guy a simpleton.
    See, I'm more of the opinion a simple "Looking gorgeous as usual Kory" instead of the stare & drool thing. (That wasn't the case here I know.) I know that's how he was played in the animated universe, but he DEFINITELY was a rootrat when he was single, but that hasn't been Wally's personality in two decades.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Just from the paneling and the staging of the art it seems like he was looking at Raven when he said it unless her line about Linda was supposed to divert his focus to her which is why he's looking at her in-panel.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It's pretty clear from the scans that he was drooling over Kory until Raven asked him about Linda to snap him out of it.

I don't mind it as long as writers don't do a story line where he cheats on Linda. Just because you're married doesn't mean your hormones have stopped working. As long as he resists the temptation, it's fine.
    Wally has seen and talked to Starfire hundreds of times. At this point he shouldn't get gobsmacked by seeing her.

It's not a big deal, it's just weird and unnecessary. You only get so much space to say what you want about characters in a teambook and that's a bad one to add to a checklist.

Maybe he was talking about both of them?

Astonishing Member

Maybe he's just saying wow because the last time he saw Raven she was like 16 and now she's the same age as everyone else again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Maybe he's just saying wow because the last time he saw Raven she was like 16 and now she's the same age as everyone else again, lol.
    There is that .

Which comic is this from?
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Which comic is this from?
    Titans Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Then what about Lian and her preteen self
    Good point. Lian was born much earlier (in the late 80s I think), and before Flashpoint her aging was realistic - she was barely old enough to go to school. But when she was restored recently, she was also aged up to a teenager! I'm pretty sure New Teen Titans (the book Lian was born in) isn't supposed to have taken place over a decade ago though, so she's aged too fast. The twins have the same excuse as Impulse (who's also really only a few years old, but appears to be in his late teens). Lian has no such excuse. They can fix this though. Damien Wayne couldn't possibly have been ten years old in New 52, so his origin had to be altered, giving him accelerated aging as well. Whatever explanation they used for him (which is no longer canon) can be given to Lian instead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-27-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman