Page 102 of 120 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like having two Kid Flashes is kind of stretching the amount of shared mantles...
    I guess. I am just not a big fan of Wallace. No fault to the character, I just don't think he has been written well yet. But I LOVE Iris. I love her now. I loved her in the Kingdom. Big fan and would like her as Wallys Kid Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I guess. I am just not a big fan of Wallace. No fault to the character, I just don't think he has been written well yet. But I LOVE Iris. I love her now. I loved her in the Kingdom. Big fan and would like her as Wallys Kid Flash.
    I don't think she needs to be KF to be his partner, at least.

It feels like Barry bailed on Wallace for the umpteenth time.

I think the point in keeping him in the yellow is because he's Kid Flash, although without him being in any book it doesn't really matter much. I think Irey looks better in her current costume anyways.
    I wasn't even aware that he wasn't currently appearing in a book. I haven't been reading Titans and I assumed he was in that. In that case, I think it's even less of a big deal without having two Kid Flash's running around in two separate books at the same time.

By her current costume do you mean her Impulse one? I'd rather have two Kid Flashes than have anyone other than Bart wearing the Impulse costume tbh. I think that needs to remain his thing.

Yeah that is true.

Give her back her original costume but add a lighting bolt Flash symbol to it and give her a new code name.

Yeah that is true.

Give her back her original costume but add a lighting bolt Flash symbol to it and give her a new code name.
    Does Wallace need to be Kid Flash though?

He doesn't seem to really enjoy working with Barry and seems to work much better on his own anyway. Shouldn't the Kid Flash title be reserved for a young speedster who is best used alongside a Flash as a sidekick? Wallace has seemed to work best when he's with the Titans or Deathstroke and not with Barry anyway. There's no reason for him to keep the title.

Also, I think there is something kind of cool and maybe even slightly adorable about the original Kid Flash now training his daughter as the next generation of Kid Flash and maybe eventually Flash. Especially since we've had hints of her being Kid Flash in Chain Lightning and Doomsday Clock. I don't want to miss out on that when Wallace isn't even being used right now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Does Wallace need to be Kid Flash though?

He doesn't seem to really enjoy working with Barry and seems to work much better on his own anyway. Shouldn't the Kid Flash title be reserved for a young speedster who is best used alongside a Flash as a sidekick? Wallace has seemed to work best when he's with the Titans or Deathstroke and not with Barry anyway. There's no reason for him to keep the title.

Also, I think there is something kind of cool and maybe even slightly adorable about the original Kid Flash now training his daughter as the next generation of Kid Flash and maybe eventually Flash. Especially since we've had hints of her being Kid Flash in Chain Lightning and Doomsday Clock. I don't want to miss out on that when Wallace isn't even being used right now anyway.
    Yeah it actually seemed that Wallace was always mad at Barry in the Williamson run. They never seemed to be close or have any chemistry together.

I agree on the Wally/Iris comments too.

I guess this all depends on how long Wally headlines the book. If Barry comes back after the next Crisis and takes over the book again I doubt we will see Iris a lot. Wallace will probably be in play more.

Yeah it actually seemed that Wallace was always mad at Barry in the Williamson run. They never seemed to be close or have any chemistry together.

I agree on the Wally/Iris comments too.

I guess this all depends on how long Wally headlines the book. If Barry comes back after the next Crisis and takes over the book again I doubt we will see Iris a lot. Wallace will probably be in play more.
    Yeah, Wallace's whole deal in Williamson's run was him being angry at Barry 24/7 non-stop, for things that were out of his control (admittedly, Barry could've done things better in many aspects, but Wallace came out as a jerk in almost every interaction he had with Barry)

I dont know how well would Wallace fit in Wally's run, BUT I really wish he could get the chance to co-star a book with Avery
    One of the best things that came out of Williamson's run (it was great as a whole, mind you), was Wallace+Avery chemistry They worked so well together, I wish we could see more of it in the near future (while also saving Avery from the limbo-status she is on currently)

Wallace had a lot of contrived drama with Barry but I think he's made being Kid Flash his own through his appearances in The Flash and Titans.

Of course, it's not like the traditional sidekick identities really hang out or are close to their mentors that much anymore.

I loved the newest issue. A little one shot with Father and Daughter having a great time, it was awesome.

The only thing i wish they put in this issue was a scene of them in costume.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Just call Irey “Blur” and put her in blue, like a Kid version of Wally’s Manhattan suit (I really liked that look).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just call Irey “Blur” and put her in blue, like a Kid version of Wally’s Manhattan suit (I really liked that look).
    The Blur works, but I think Tween Flash would be fun, too.

Incredible Member

"Kid Flash" is really the worst name. Once you read it as "subject verb", you can't unrealise how awful it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Just call Irey “Blur”...
    Also Marvel (current version of the Squadron Supreme's Flash expy)
    Last edited by SanityOrMadness; 09-23-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Good issue. I like that Christian Duce was back on art too, I thought he did an amazing job on The Flash previously. It's nice to have a breather where the world isn't ending every issue. Seems like they left the multiverse-ending stuff to Barry, and have Wally deal with regular villain of the week stuff while playing husband and dad. No complaints from me.

It's been a while since I read Messner-Loebs' FLASH (just reached 1987's #1 in my Flash series re-read but Baron launches the title) but the latest issue reminds me of his Wally, who if memory serves could be out of costume all or most of an issue but the story was still a really fun read.

Those Baron issues were pretty terrible.