Page 65 of 120 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I don’t usually pick up flash comics
    But I could no resist that cover
    We take Roy Harper for granted, Jason Damian Dick Donna Wally he is loved by many heroes

Jeremy Adams was born to write a Flash comic .

This comic is hilarious. I had no idea who Adams was before this but he’s really impressed me. He writes a hilarious Super Friends Legion of Doom, I would love a book from him on that take. Was cool seeing Wally meet Future Irey and I’m intrigued by that Flash planet?/sun? Teaser which I’m sure is a prelude of what’s to come. Next issue is totally Wally undoing HiC which I’m happy about, maybe that’s the reason Roy is back to life?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This comic is hilarious. I had no idea who Adams was before this but he’s really impressed me. He writes a hilarious Super Friends Legion of Doom, I would love a book from him on that take. Was cool seeing Wally meet Future Irey and I’m intrigued by that Flash planet?/sun? Teaser which I’m sure is a prelude of what’s to come. Next issue is totally Wally undoing HiC which I’m happy about, maybe that’s the reason Roy is back to life?
    Isn't that planet the 853rd Century Mercury from DC One Million?

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

My girl Irey, all grown up. ;_;

As one of the few remaining Iris and Jai fan stalwarts this issue warmed my heart. I loved the Legion of Doom bit as well and all the fun callbacks (Hey, Wally, what was it like inhabiting Jesse's body? A kind of sort of trans experience for you!). But god almighty Wally's conversation with Irey got to me. It wasn't, like, perfect. If I had my druthers I'd not have bit into Iris' love life as it's a bit early in history to decide something like that, but still, Iris comforting Wally knowing what he's about to step into and then the hard cut to HiC. Man. What a good issue.

The superfriends segment was soooo absurd, but in a good way ! Very very niceeee ! :P

Wally+Jai reunion was extremely wholesome, and it's so good to see that Wally got to see their children growing up and the type of person they would become. I did tear up a bkt ngl :')

And.. he is now back in HiC.. hopefully it isnt to much for him to handle.. Stay strong Wally !

Bonus: Barry and Mr. Terrific better get Wally back, otherwise they better get their wills ready, because Linda doesnt seem a forgiving person

The cover of this issue caught my attention, though it's a bit misleading as you don't actually get to the Sanctuary stuff until the final page; but believe me, I'm going to be buying that Annual in two weeks.

I said it back in the thread reviewing the first issue of this run, when I saw the speed-dinosaur detonate*: this looks like they're actually going to address the HiC fiasco in a way that actually fixes the damage it did, rather than it being something that he has to live down.

Everything they've done in these last four issues has been golden; but now we get to the heart of it.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I"ve been liking this run quite a lot, but this comic actually put a big smile on my face.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Isn't that planet the 853rd Century Mercury from DC One Million?

I thought of that but then wouldn’t Wally recognize it? He was a part of One Million’s crossover.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I said it back in the thread reviewing the first issue of this run, when I saw the speed-dinosaur detonate*: this looks like they're actually going to address the HiC fiasco in a way that actually fixes the damage it did, rather than it being something that he has to live down.
    The thing about that... well, there's two things:
    1) Poison Ivy and Roy's current statuses stem *from* what happened in HiC, and their status as a humanoid plant and someone who is thought of as dead respectively are important to the current stories they're appearing in.
    2) It looks like he lands a moment *after* the big boom, not before (and so can't just avert it).

Oh, certainly. I didn't mean to imply that this would cause HiC to not happen at all; just that it would be changed from “Wally had an emotional breakdown, triggering a Speed Force explosion that killed everyone, and making him a literal walking time bomb set to go off again the next time he has a nervous breakdown” to “the Speed Force was sick, and was erupting out of speedsters throughout time and the Omniverse, including but not limited to Wally in Sanctuary. Wally is about to purge the Speed Force of whatever it is that's been making it sick, so that that doesn't happen again.”

I also am hoping that this will overwrite everything else about HiC: the stuff about Wally desecrating corpses to hide his involvement and the scheme to travels through time to murder himself. I can see that getting eliminated by the conclusion of this arc.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeremy Adams was born to write a Flash comic .
    The only problem is that Jeremy is not a "Big name" writer like Scott Synder or Joshua Williamson or Tom Taylor. Moreover, i am very concern about the sales especially since it barely go higher in the chart in the recent months and I scare DC will probably axed the Flash run due to poor sales.

Also I wish we should get a good creative art like Rafa Sandoval, Francis Manapul, Howard Porter or Ivan Reis. Instead, we got a terrible art like freaking Brandon Peterson or Will.

The mistake they made was not renumbering the book. How many people dropped the book during Williamson's run, and don't realise that the book not only now has a new creative team, but also a different protagonist?

What they should've done, is relaunch as a new #1, but maybe display the legacy number as a secondary number like Marvel books currently do.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Infinite Frontier has been really solid across the board but I do agree that they probably should’ve relaunched some of these series. That seems to be the only way to get attention alas.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    The only problem is that Jeremy is not a "Big name" writer like Scott Synder or Joshua Williamson or Tom Taylor. Moreover, i am very concern about the sales especially since it barely go higher in the chart in the recent months and I scare DC will probably axed the Flash run due to poor sales.

Also I wish we should get a good creative art like Rafa Sandoval, Francis Manapul, Howard Porter or Ivan Reis. Instead, we got a terrible art like freaking Brandon Peterson or Will.
    You don't need to be a "name" to write good stories though...