Page 101 of 120 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1797

Has Bart asked Irey to get herself a new codename? At the end of today's issue, Irey asks Wally for her costume back (I guess he confiscated it?) and maybe a new codename. Which means she's apparently decided not to be Impulse any more.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Has Bart asked Irey to get herself a new codename? At the end of today's issue, Irey asks Wally for her costume back (I guess he confiscated it?) and maybe a new codename. Which means she's apparently decided not to be Impulse any more.
    I am surprised DC brought her back as Impulse honestly. Makes no sense. Not the kind of superhero identity that a legacy makes sense for. It is so specific to Barts personality. They should give her an updated variation of her original costume. Call her Speed or Kid Flash.

Fun one and done but looks like next issue we get back to long running plots. Glad Irey has her powers and Impulse history back. Hope she does end up getting her own codename.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fun one and done but looks like next issue we get back to long running plots. Glad Irey has her powers and Impulse history back. Hope she does end up getting her own codename.
    Yeah really fun issue. I love the banter between Iris and Wally. “That’s what I said”. Lol.

Great art too. This issue got me in the feels. Adam’s writes Wally and the family great.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This was an utterly adorable daddy/daughter issue.

Thus far, this series hasn't hit a false note yet.

...except for miscoloring 1940s Jay Garrick's hair, of course. That better be fixed in the trade because it still annoys me.

Nice, so that really WAS a little girl's imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I am surprised DC brought her back as Impulse honestly. Makes no sense. Not the kind of superhero identity that a legacy makes sense for. It is so specific to Barts personality. They should give her an updated variation of her original costume. Call her Speed or Kid Flash.
    Speed is a Young Avenger, and thus, untrademarkable, and Kid Flash is taken - it's Wallace West's name, and the reason Bart reverted to Impulse upon his reintroduction, and thus why Irey needs a new name in the first place. I know Flash itself is shared by four people, but there's only ever been one Kid Flash at a time.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2021 at 01:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

As a guy who only read Wally in some issues Pre-New 52, and only recently started to digest his stories after the switch from Barry to Wally.
    This is the sort of thing I missed from the Superman run with Jon Kent. The latest issue was a fun adventure, and the last story too with the cancer guy.

Hope we get the West twins in this new generation of heroes, and speaking generation.
    I recently noticed that aside from West twins, everyone else prior to New 52 was aged up.

Lian Harper and Damian Wayne are already Teenagers in their comic appearances, but the West Twins didn't seem to age. Weird, but I'd chalk it up to the events before Wally's run now.

I agree. Irey needs to be Wally's Kid Flash. I will accept nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I agree. Irey needs to be Wally's Kid Flash. I will accept nothing less.
    I like Kid Flash for her, but then what would be Wallace West's new codename? Teen Flash?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I like Kid Flash for her, but then what would be Wallace West's new codename? Teen Flash?
    I'd probably be fine with them both being called Kid Flash considering that we now have both Barry and Wally running around and they can each have their own respective Kid Flash apprentice. I would prefer putting Irey in the oldschool yellow and red and putting Wallace in a new uniform. IMO every alternative costume we've gotten for him from Future's End to Defiance to the JL Dark animated costume has looked better on him than the classic suit and the only reason to even keep him in the yellow is for synergy with a show that barely uses Wally anymore and is quite frankly seems to be in its twilight years anyway.

For argument sake though, what would it take to graduate Wallace into his own version of The Flash? If Avery deserves to carry the name then surely Wallace has earned it equally as much by now. Is it just an age thing? How old is Wallace supposed to be at this point anyway and what would it take for him to organically graduate from Kid Flash, either into a Flash or into another codename?
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 09-22-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I'd probably be fine with them both being called Kid Flash considering that we now have both Barry and Wally running around and they can each have their own respective Kid Flash apprentice. I would prefer putting Irey in the oldschool yellow and red and putting Wallace in a new uniform. IMO every alternative costume we've gotten for him from Future's End to Defiance to the JL Dark animated costume has looked better on him than the classic suit and the only reason to even keep him in the yellow is for synergy with a show that barely uses Wally anymore and is quite frankly seems to be in its twilight years anyway.

For argument sake though, what would it take to graduate Wallace into his own version of The Flash? If Avery deserves to carry the name then surely Wallace has earned it equally as much by now. Is it just an age thing? How old is Wallace supposed to be at this point anyway and what would it take for him to organically graduate from Kid Flash, either into a Flash or into another codename?
    It feels like Barry bailed on Wallace for the umpteenth time.

I think the point in keeping him in the yellow is because he's Kid Flash, although without him being in any book it doesn't really matter much. I think Irey looks better in her current costume anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice, so that really WAS a little girl's imagination!

Speed is a Young Avenger, and thus, untrademarkable, and Kid Flash is taken - it's Wallace West's name, and the reason Bart reverted to Impulse upon his reintroduction, and thus why Irey needs a new name in the first place. I know Flash itself is shared by four people, but there's only ever been one Kid Flash at a time.
    Yeah I know...I just wouldn't mind two Kid Flashes.

Yeah I know...I just wouldn't mind two Kid Flashes.
    I feel like having two Kid Flashes is kind of stretching the amount of shared mantles...