Page 69 of 120 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1797

THE FLASH #774
    Introducing Dr. Nightmare!

Bad dreams come to life and lead to chaos on the streets of Central City on the same night the Fastest Man Alive attends a daddy/daughter dance. Side-by-side with his super-powered daughter, Wally must not slow down, or they risk falling victim to the man named Dr. Nightmare.
    Last edited by Drako; 06-18-2021 at 08:38 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

THE FLASH #774
    Introducing Dr. Nightmare!

Bad dreams come to life and lead to chaos on the streets of Central City on the same night the Fastest Man Alive attends a daddy/daughter dance. Side-by-side with his super-powered daughter, Wally must not slow down, or they risk falling victim to the man named Dr. Nightmare.
    Sounds cute and frightening .

I wonder how Dr. Nightmare will be different from Dr. Destiny.

I assume that's Wally's costume going forward? I'm glad it's a single thunderbolt and not the double line one Barry uses. Makes it easier to tell them apart. And it looks like this issue will see Irey suit up as Impulse... I wonder if they'll address the fact Irey and Bart are currently sharing that name?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

See I just want to hurt anyone who wants to hurt Iris.

Not a big fan as Iris as Impulse but if anyone can make it work its Adams. I'm sure it will be fun.

We'll see how this goes compared to the previously failed family focused run. I'm enjoying the book currently only because Wally is solo and hanging around different heroes.

I already linked the video with the timeframe, you just have to press play in the player.

But if it doesn't work, it's in the 1 hour and 12 minute mark.
    It didn't work, that's why I asked. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    We'll see how this goes compared to the previously failed family focused run. I'm enjoying the book currently only because Wally is solo and hanging around different heroes.

It didn't work, that's why I asked. Thanks!
    I like the Wild West and the other arcs after BUT I get it. I think this will be different because the kids won't be as much of the focus. Just supporting cast. Plus Adams can use any other DC characters he likes. Waid was told he couldn't use the Rogues because they were on that Salvation Run planet I think.

I think this run is going to be one of the greats! Also, nice seeing Wally back in a costume similar to his classic look.

Incredible Member

Duce drawing again Wally with his new Flash suit? Awesome.

I liked Jai and Irey from pre-Flash Rebirth stories, before he was turned into a jealous brother.
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 06-18-2021 at 11:49 AM.

See now I could see Iris being Wally’s new sidekick during the Adam’s run.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Makes sense. Wallace is with the Titans, and Avery is back in China with her Justice League, so it makes sense that Wally didn't just take Barry's partners. I bet Irey would've become Wally's sidekick back in 2011 - but thanks to New 52, the second Flash book they had planned never happened and the family was erased instead (which sucks, as Irey was also supposed to join a new Young Justice team with Supergirl, Batgirl, Miss Martian, and Robin). Frankly, she's making up for lost time. The only question is whether she should still be Impulse long term or take a new identity. When she originally took it, Bart wasn't using it as he was Kid Flash, but he switched back due to Wallace being Kid Flash by the time he came back and Irey not yet being back at the time. They had a quick line about it in Williamson's Finish Line arc, but they didn't exactly have chance to discuss the situation in the midst of battle, and it needs addressing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I don't mind the kids. Just because it didn't work the first time, doesn't mean it can't work now.

Especially since we know the specifics circumstances with the book back then.

Spectacular Member

I don't mind the kids. Just because it didn't work the first time, doesn't mean it can't work now.

Especially since we know the specifics circumstances with the book back then.
    I don't know if it's just me, but I've felt there has been a strong approvement in how the big 2 portrays family, in particular in terms of married couples and children. Like, I know there's the whole thing with Aquaman and Mera, and how long that took to get them married again. However, I don't think DC or Marvel sees marriage and family life as much as a burden as it was like ten years ago. I also think writers have gotten better in writing married couples since the West kids first showed up, and I especially believe the quality of children characters has approved.

It isn't based on strong facts, but that's the impression I get.

All-New Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/spacekick...63861750501376

So what do you guys think Adams is teasing here?

I have no idea, but definitely something very cool!