Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    YES!
    When did he last appear? Manhunter #22?
    Wally mentioned fighting him in Infinite Frontier #0 and he fought him when he came back in that Flash/Speed Buggy one shot. But then again so did a watered down version of Savitar.

Mighty Member

Anyonw know that Savitar is the only speedster villain to not fight Barry Allen.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I'd REALLY like to see Captain Cold and ALL the Rogues face off against Team Flash.
    Len & Wally had a grudging respect for each other which Geoff Johns leaned into. There's a lot to play with there.
    Barry meeting the new gen Rogues like Trickster, Girder, Folded Man etc for the first time.

MOST of all, I want to read Savitar and his speed ninjas ripping through the Flash Family.
    He has a grudge against both Barry and Wally, and the power to take them all out.
    Done right, he's scarier than Thawne or Zolomon.

We need Piper back. He's been pretty much AWOL and is sorely missed.

And I hope Jeremy Adams stays onboard for a good extended run. Williamson got his shot, I think it's only fair and he's done a great job so far.
    Piper's been in DC Pride, Crimes of Passion, a Flash anthology, and DCeased. I like that he is being featured outside the Flash.

But yeah, I miss him as Wally's BFF. I like seeing him get more exposure, however.
    Last edited by PennyDreadful; 08-11-2021 at 11:33 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    I'll have to check that out. While I like the idea of a gender-swapped Earth, I prefer the approach taken in “Elseworld's Finest”, where Kara Zor-El's Supergirl and Barbara Gordon's Batgirl are the premier superheroes instead of “Clarkia Kent” and “Brucilla Wayne”, or whatever you'd call the more direct analogs. That said, there's only so far you can go with that: Jesse Quick as the Flash is all well and good, but she's pretty close to being the only female speedster in the Flash family; so any others on Earth-11 would need to be more like gender-swapped counterparts (such as the presumed female counterpart to Wally West suggested above). Even there, I'd prefer that names and backstories be tweaked somewhat, as “just like her Earth 0 counterpart, but female” feels lazy to me. For instance, it might be interesting if Earth 11's equivalent of Wally West was, in fact, Linda Park, with Wally being her husband and an ace reporter. And their kids would still be Jai and Irey; but Jai would be the one who remained a speedster, not Irey.
    Morrison made something like that on The Green Lantern: Hal's counterpart was Carol Jordan, a Star Sapphire who was totally him on personality. By the other hand, Harold Ferris was a Green Lantern obsessed with Carol Jordan, like silver age Carol possesed by the star sapphire.
    Last edited by Batgrayson; 08-12-2021 at 10:07 AM.

I meant Axel not James!
    I'm struggling to remember when Barry took on Girder. Was it recently?
    Barry fought Axel for a good deal of his New 52 run and Girder in the Venditti/Van Jensen run.

Wallace also fought Girder and Tar Pit together in a one-off issue, I think.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Barry fought Axel for a good deal of his New 52 run and Girder in the Venditti/Van Jensen run.

Wallace also fought Girder and Tar Pit together in a one-off issue, I think.
    Oh yeah. Geez, I'd forgotten all about that!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Morrison made something like that on The Green Lantern: Hal counterpart was Carol Jordan, a Star Sapphire who was totally him on personality. By the other hand, Harold Ferris was a Green Lantern obsesded with Carol Jordan, like silve age Carol posseded by the star sapphire.
    And yes, Carol Jordan is used in that Wonder Woman issue. I didn't read Morrison's GL though and just assumed she was married to a civilian Hal.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #9

Written by TIM SHERIDAN
    Art by MIKE NORTON
    Cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US Variant (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/23/21

Homecoming continues! Homecoming is a time for reunion and reflection, and the shocking news that Roy is alive has left the Titans—and the Flash—with plenty to reflect upon. As old wounds are ripped open, the Academy's very existence is called into question, leaving the futures of its vulnerable young students up in the air and exposing them to the fury of an old foe out for vengeance!

THE FLASH #776

Written by JEREMY ADAMS
    Art by FERNANDO PASARIN
    Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    Variant cover by JORGE CORONA and IVAN PLASCENCIA
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US VARIANT (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/16/21

Doctor Fate arrives to whisk the Flash away to the IN-BETWEEN, a two-dimensional causeway filled with demonic forces. Now it's up to YOU, the reader, to help the Scarlet Speedster make his way through the dangerous dimension toward his final destination and the beginning of a brand-new adventure!

I guess Wally has a lot to unpack with Roy alive.

Flash and Dr. Fate sounds like a good team-up .

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

Looks great. Love both covers. Looks like another wacky, fun story from Adams. Dr Fate in here is cool too.

The variant cover shows Wally in his Flash Rebirth suit again. Wonder if thats his new suit hell be wearing. Im completely fine with the current white eyes but this one is better imo. I guess well see.

Now i gotta check out TT Academy. Hope Wally has a good showing in here. Wally might be in Robin and Batman #2 as well when Dick meets the TTs for the first time.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Anyonw know that Savitar is the only speedster villain to not fight Barry Allen.
    They scuffled *very* briefly in FLASH: REBIRTH (2009).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Looks great. Love both covers. Looks like another wacky, fun story from Adams. Dr Fate in here is cool too.

The variant cover shows Wally in his Flash Rebirth suit again. Wonder if thats his new suit hell be wearing. Im completely fine with the current white eyes but this one is better imo. I guess well see.

Now i gotta check out TT Academy. Hope Wally has a good showing in here. Wally might be in Robin and Batman #2 as well when Dick meets the TTs for the first time.
    Which one? This is the only variant cover i found and he has the current Flash suit in this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Which one? This is the only variant cover i found and he has the current Flash suit in this.
    Yeah that one. He has the cowl covering the nose and one etch lightning and yellow lining chest symbol there. You can see the differences in the original cover Wally is looking at on there.

When I say Flash Rebirth I mean the 2009 one not the 2016 one. I know its confusing.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yeah that one. He has the cowl covering the nose and one etch lightning and yellow lining chest symbol there. You can see the differences in the original cover Wally is looking at on there.

When I say Flash Rebirth I mean the 2009 one not the 2016 one. I know its confusing.
    Oh, got it.
    i thought you were talking about rebirth as a whole.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Speed Demon. Inertia. Rival. 2/3rds of the Blue Trinity.

Savitar is maybe the only one that people think of as a significant or powerful speedster villain, admittedly.