Page 26 of 120 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Here it is in all its glory.

RCO053_1614697950.jpg

Wally is still wearing his Rebirth suit in the splash page in IF #0. So is that still going to be his main look?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

I said this before, but if they close his cowl this costume looks much better.

Hopefully he'll go back to his OG suit or get upgrade in the current one.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I said this before, but if they close his cowl this costume looks much better.

Hopefully he'll go back to his OG suit or get upgrade in the current one.
    I agree. Porter also makes Wally look much younger here. Like maybe even late teens. I get that it's to contrast him to Barry but still. Make him look a bit older looking than 21.

Hopefully in Wally's own title, (that's right) hell.look a bit older.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    I could have done without the patronizing "your the flash now" and "I know you're up to the task" talk. Like, thanks Barry but Wally has been a Flash for 35 years and has long since surpassed you. Whatever though. Now that that's out of the way, we can hopefully just get some great Wally stories and new heights as he enters this next chapter.
    Yeah I thought the same thing. Wally and Barry's relationship should read more like peers. They are WAY past this type of conversation.

Astonishing Member

Nah, at the end of the day Barry is Wally's surrogate father. Talk to him like an adult, sure, but they'll always be closer to father and son than peers.

The weird part of the dialogue was it was all conveyed as Wally being so surprised and unsure of being The Flash rather than Barry urging him on. None of Wally's trademark sassiness or cockiness on display so he came off, amusingly, as Kid Flash all over again rather than The Flash they're presenting him as.

BANNED

Wally is supposed to be handsome with luscious, free-flowing red hair. There is no need to ask for a full cowl. Cowls have been said to be favored more than average by male fans who state they have baldness because they see it as an equalizer. If that is true, keep your insecurities AWAY from Wally.

Again, just feels like a retread of what we already got from the last Flash Rebirth issue.

Extraordinary Member

The Rebirth costume is good with the silver and hair. I could go either way with the eyes showing. Depends on the artist

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Nah, at the end of the day Barry is Wally's surrogate father. Talk to him like an adult, sure, but they'll always be closer to father and son than peers.

The weird part of the dialogue was it was all conveyed as Wally being so surprised and unsure of being The Flash rather than Barry urging him on. None of Wally's trademark sassiness or cockiness on display so he came off, amusingly, as Kid Flash all over again rather than The Flash they're presenting him as.
    Yeah this is a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Here it is in all its glory.

RCO053_1614697950.jpg

Wally is still wearing his Rebirth suit in the splash page in IF #0. So is that still going to be his main look?
    I chucked when I read this page. It's like Barry just randomly screamed YOU'RE THE FLASH NOW, WALLY randomly and resumed in his normal voice while Wally is still in shock and also temporarily deaf now.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Told you guys.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

What a ridiculous speech for Barry to say to someone who surpassed his power level many years ago and is an accomplished Flash and former JLA main member.
    Also, why does Wally look like Just-Graduated-From-School Wally?
    Also, I loved the flowing hair (when drawn properly and not looking like party ribbons coming out of his head or -in that picture- like it was done up with a curling iron.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I agree. Porter also makes Wally look much younger here. Like maybe even late teens. I get that it's to contrast him to Barry but still. Make him look a bit older looking than 21.

Hopefully in Wally's own title, (that's right) hell.look a bit older.
    Isn't he also the one who drew Flash Year One and make the kids look like hobbits? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Isn't he also the one who drew Flash Year One and make the kids look like hobbits? ^^
    Yeah. I think hes a great artist but recently I think his art has gone down hill. He started drawing people very short and stocky for some reason and cartoony. Especially if there a bunch of people in a scene it gets bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    What a ridiculous speech for Barry to say to someone who surpassed his power level many years ago and is an accomplished Flash and former JLA main member.
    Also, why does Wally look like Just-Graduated-From-School Wally?
    Also, I loved the flowing hair (when drawn properly and not looking like party ribbons coming out of his head or -in that picture- like it was done up with a curling iron.)
    I will say that while it’s a speech that probably didn’t need to happen, like you said Wally was the Flash for decades after Crisis, but it’s also something that we never gotten between Barry and Wally. When Wally took over Barry was gone, and then when Barry came back they mainly sidelined Wally. So now as Barry is leaving again but still alive and Wally will be the main Flash it’s actually a moment between Wally and Barry for Barry to acknowledge Wally in a way that Wally never got before from his mentor.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.