Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1797
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Some people think

Gold/yellow - 1st tier heroes - Barry and Diana

Silver - 2nd tier heroes - Wally and Donna
    Whatever. You can call it platinum if you want it to be better than Gold.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Some people think

Not exactly, but kinda.

Flash iconography is too well defined for a change in color palette: silver works as long as he's alone. It looks ok, sure. But as soon as you pu it right next to a version of the classic suit - say, a sht where Barry and Wally are side by side - you'll know who The Flash is supposed to be. A redesign would serve better, really.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Some people think

Doesn't Diana have silver in her design too, though? Or at least just the bracelets.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Doesn't Diana have silver in her design too, though? Or at least just the bracelets.
    She was all silver in the New 52. This is Flash specific, really. (as are some other details: cowl, boots, centered insignia - there's a reason Barry didn't lose those in any of his 2 redesigns.)

Every franchise has it's do's and don't's regarding the message you wanna convey with any particular character. You can have a bazillion Spider-People by just managing the silhouette and those big eyes, for example. But a guy dressed just like Iron Man in all silver or all black armor next to Tony, and he is not really IM. Or Superman with a blue cape.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Some people think

Batman doesn’t wear the gold oval anymore, does that make him second place lol? I just think that’s a weird detail to obsess over. Wally and Barry need different costumes if they’re both going to be active so we can tell who is who, and more importantly so artists can tell who is who and we don’t get the constant mixups we’ve been having in recent series.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Batman doesn’t wear the gold oval anymore, does that make him second place lol? I just think that’s a weird detail to obsess over. Wally and Barry need different costumes if they’re both going to be active so we can tell who is who, and more importantly so artists can tell who is who and we don’t get the constant mixups we’ve been having in recent series.
    Like in that Last Ride comic.

Mighty Member

The Flash comics sales ranking:

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66
    The Flash #771 - #87

This is outrageous!! Are you sure you want to see Wally get sidelined again once his sales proves to be insufficient.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 07-28-2021 at 12:58 AM.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66
    The Flash #771 - #87

This is outrageous!! Are you sure you want to see Wally get sidelined again once his sales proves to be insufficient.
    To be fair, DC sales on the whole are down the shitter.
    When was the last time Action Comics and Green Lantern din't make the top 100???
    But yeah, Flash numbers deserve to be better.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

There are at least three other threads for sales, can we stop beating the dead horse? Jesus!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66
    The Flash #771 - #87

The dream is dead.
    I hoped Adams would stay for a couple of years but best we can hope now is they let finish his run on good terms.
    I think the horrible managing of DiDio over the years ended up hurting Wally and DC in geneal in the long run. People is tired and so many jumped out forever, and no good run is going to change that.
    Last edited by Maxi; 07-28-2021 at 06:04 AM.

I think people are overstating how bad sales are a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    The dream is dead.
    Come on man, leave the overdramatic stuff to me. Just go to the Hal thread and witness just how annoying I can get sometimes which makes me wonder how folks over there have put up with me for all this time. I think Wally will be fine and the DC sales have been bad in general. Flash also did better than Action Comics, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. That should account for something. Marvel sales haven't been that great either with Iron Man out of the top 100 as well. Wally isn't doing that bad all things considered.

Mighty Member

If I was a flash fan who see the sales of the Flash run was super low while Tom's Nightwing is a big hit. I will lose my **** since we want the Flash run at least get to reach TOP 50 Ranking.

The Flash #768 - #80
    The Flash #769 - #60
    The Flash #770 - #66
    The Flash #771 - #87

771 was the issue with the sanctuary cover. That couldn't have helped things and this was a significant drop from the last two issues. I really hope this book starts doing better quickly because this does feel a bit grim.

The sales aren't bad enough to cancel Flash obviously but they don't seem to be high enough to justify keeping Wally around either. If this run ends due to low sales I doubt we'll get the oppurtunity to see Wally lead Flash again. I can just imagine future creators proclaiming "We tried bringing Wally back but he just didn't sell". I hope this turns around by the time the Crisis event hits because thats as long as I give this tops otherwise.

I guess we better enjoy this while it lasts.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Come on man, leave the overdramatic stuff to me. Just go to the Hal thread and witness just how annoying I can get sometimes which makes me wonder how folks over there have put up with me for all this time. I think Wally will be fine and the DC sales have been bad in general. Flash also did better than Action Comics, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. That should account for something. Marvel sales haven't been that great either with Iron Man out of the top 100 as well. Wally isn't doing that bad all things considered.
    But Iron Man sales never were particularly good, weren't they? Popularity in movies doesn't translate to popularity in the comics