Page 90 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1797

Solid ending to the two parter although a bit of a bummer of an ending for Heat Wave. Hope Wally actually does check up on him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Yeah, solid issue. Good to see him talking with his villains again.

One complaint tho, why Heat Wave kept making jokes like he is mister freeze from Batman and Robin?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Jessica Cruz cameo felt weird. Why shoehorn it in this of all titles. lol Hope Will Conrad becomes one of the rotating artists.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    The Jessica Cruz cameo felt weird. Why shoehorn it in this of all titles. lol Hope Will Conrad becomes one of the rotating artists.
    Probably is a tease of what is about to come.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

She looks so weird as a Yellow Lantern.

Wasn't that appearance a spoiler too? The annual in which she becomes a Yellow Lantern isn't out yet, right? She did appear in the latest issue of Green Lantern, but her identity wasn't confirmed there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The solicits spoiled her turning into Yellow Lantern months ago and the latest GL issue made it abundantly clear it was her, though I'm just curious about why choose this particular book to sneak in that cameo. Felt like a cheap plug more than anything else. I doubt Jessica would show up again in The Flash down the line. Does she even know Wally? She dated Barry for a while but who knows if DC even remembers that even though it was only a few years back.
    Last edited by Johnny; 08-17-2021 at 02:50 PM.

The solicits spoiled her turning into Yellow Lantern months ago and the latest GL issue made it abundantly clear it was her, though I'm just curious about why choose this particular book to sneak in that cameo. Felt like a cheap plug more than anything else. I doubt Jessica would show up again in The Flash down the line. Does she even know Wally? She dated Barry for a while but who knows if DC even remembers that even though it was only a few years back.
    I think she and Simon tried to stop Wally and Barry during Flash War (that might've just been Hal, I forget).

I am pretty sure they are in the same limbo that n52 superboy and Bar Torr are rn, never to return, but I wish we could get to see the JL-Children from Hitch's run one more time

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There are plenty of situations in Flash history where The Flash is shown to be moving so fast the rest of the world is frozen to him. That's always been a Flash thing, really.

Since this is a Wally thread the first time he did it as The Flash in the most obvious fashion would be when he got shot in the back of the head and instantly jumped into superspeed and started walking around while the bullets were frozen in mid air.
    Wow! I remember that issue!
    Really enjoying Wally's current run... pardon the pun.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Incredible Member

Great issue. Although I wonder if Heat Wave's appearanced was only to promote the Suicide Squad series or if he'll turn up again on this run...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was a bit skeptical early on that this book would have legs beyond reversing course on all the dumb stuff inflicted upon Wally during HiC, but I've been having a blast with this series. Everything sense the Super Friends issue has been a joy to read. The genuine love and affection for the fun, zippy 90s Flash comics is very apparent.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

They probably needed someone there to indicate "this is happening in space", and at this very moment we have no Lantern with a working ring (or in the patrolled) outside of Jo Mullein, who is pretty tied up and wouldn't be flying around.

Putting Jessica there was just the easiest way of using a recognizable character while respecting current continuity. (God, "respecting current continuity". How I missed these words! How I missed THIS VERY CONCEPT!!)
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was a bit skeptical early on that this book would have legs beyond reversing course on all the dumb stuff inflicted upon Wally during HiC, but I've been having a blast with this series. Everything sense the Super Friends issue has been a joy to read. The genuine love and affection for the fun, zippy 90s Flash comics is very apparent.
    Well, in defense of your skepticism (and mine at the time) that first Jeremy Adams interview where he couldn't reveal anything was really, really bad. I, too, was expecting a disaster from that alone. But hey, being wrong sometimes is fun!

I hope we get to see more Wally/Mr Terrific interaction soon; I think that's a pair up rich with potential, and Michael could use a venue.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 08-17-2021 at 11:18 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    They probably needed someone there to indicate "this is happening in space", and at this very moment we have no Lantern with a working ring (or in the patrolled) outside of Jo Mullein, who is pretty tied up and wouldn't be flying around.

Putting Jessica there was just the easiest way of using a recognizable character while respecting current continuity. (God, "respecting current continuity". How I missed these words! How I missed THIS VERY CONCEPT!!)
    Damn, that sounds oldschool. Love it!