Page 103 of 120 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    "Kid Flash" is really the worst name. Once you read it as "subject verb", you can't unrealise how awful it is.
    It flows well off the tongue in my opinion.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nice, so that really WAS a little girl's imagination!

Speed is a Young Avenger, and thus, untrademarkable, and Kid Flash is taken - it's Wallace West's name, and the reason Bart reverted to Impulse upon his reintroduction, and thus why Irey needs a new name in the first place. I know Flash itself is shared by four people, but there's only ever been one Kid Flash at a time.
    Speed is also a pretty common word and descriptive of her powers. Its not like Marvel and DC have NEVER shared codenames before (they both had active Impulses in the 1990s, Psionex had a speedster called Impulse too.

Some things will be trade marked, sure but not ever possible codename.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It flows well off the tongue in my opinion.
    It sounds like a paedophile's catchphrase.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    It sounds like a paedophile's catchphrase.
    I...don't see it?

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    It's been a while since I read Messner-Loebs' FLASH (just reached 1987's #1 in my Flash series re-read but Baron launches the title) but the latest issue reminds me of his Wally, who if memory serves could be out of costume all or most of an issue but the story was still a really fun read.
    Yes!
    Messner-Loebs really nailed Wally's character - so well that he could give you an issue without costumes and you'd still love it.
    Waid at his peak managed the same.
    The fact I even include Adams in a conversation with those two speaks volumes.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I thought the new issue was fun, and as a Dad who's daughters are now too old for the Daddy Daughter Dance, it really hit home. Irey's nightmare creatures were a bit silly, but it didn't interrupt from my enjoyment of the book.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Yeah, Wallace's whole deal in Williamson's run was him being angry at Barry 24/7 non-stop, for things that were out of his control (admittedly, Barry could've done things better in many aspects, but Wallace came out as a jerk in almost every interaction he had with Barry)

I dont know how well would Wallace fit in Wally's run, BUT I really wish he could get the chance to co-star a book with Avery
    One of the best things that came out of Williamson's run (it was great as a whole, mind you), was Wallace+Avery chemistry They worked so well together, I wish we could see more of it in the near future (while also saving Avery from the limbo-status she is on currently)
    Avery isn't in limbo. Due to how Infinite Frontier #6 ended with Barry missing, Avery is replacing him in Justice League Incarnate.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    I thought the new issue was fun, and as a Dad who's daughters are now too old for the Daddy Daughter Dance, it really hit home. Irey's nightmare creatures were a bit silly, but it didn't interrupt from my enjoyment of the book.
    They were created by Jeremy Adam's own daughter, so it doesn't get much more authentic little girl dreams/nightmares than that.

Mighty Member

Is the Flash the only run we will get to see Wally? Does that mean we have to wait every month just to see the next issue of the Flash run?

Astonishing Member

That's usually how it works.

After the past decade +, I'm not complaining.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

He is part of the JLA Last Ride book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    They were created by Jeremy Adam's own daughter, so it doesn't get much more authentic little girl dreams/nightmares than that.
    That's cute .

Mighty Member

It turns out having Wally West as the main Flash with wholesome Flash Family content would make the Flash title way better than it already was. It only took DC idk how many years to figure that out but still.

Though the cynic in me is thinking that the only reason Wally got another shot as the Flash was because they wanted to take Barry off the table in preparation for their upcoming Crisis events.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.