Page 85 of 120 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1797
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    The Central/Keystone difference is pretty irrelevant all things considered. I think there was one episode it happened in for the Flash museum stuff, which is something that has always been a part of both Barry and Wally. And the police scientist bit was maybe 10 seconds of his entire screentime and never mattered to the character. There's nothing particularly Barry about DCAU Flash.
    Honestly, I feel like the most Barry things about DCAU Wally is certain base elements (Police scientist, Central City, founding JL member). Wally in DCAU doesn't have the same Flash family legacy ties that defined comic Wally so his personality come off more comparable to JLE/ or even Impulse like. Ultimately the point I was trying to make where each Flash adaption takes certain elements (Occupation, from mainly Barry, Wally and arguably Bart in their "Streamlining" of the character for a mainstream take of a Flash, regardless of who is underneath the scarlet cowl. Ever since the 1990's tv show and the DCAU Flash. But it doesn't help the feeling of the Flashes becoming interchangeable after a certain point.

Astonishing Member

Police Scientist isn't important to DCAU Wally at all. If you cut that 10 second scene it affects nothing. Wally also has frequently operated in Central City, that's not specific to Barry. Founding the JL, sure, but heck Wally was a founding member of the 90s JLA which the DCAU definitely gets most of its inspiration for (its opening arc is even a White Martian arc!).

Wally in the DCAU is based on Wally in the various JLs he was in, notably JLA and JLI/E.

I think it's important to weigh the amount any cameos or references actually matter, rather than listing them off like they're all equal. Trying to equate Barry using the Speed Force, something massively important to Wally and then later made massively important to Barry, to Wally having a 10 second scene where he holds a vial as a police scientist that never gets brought up again is silly.

The point is you don't watch DCAU Flash and think that it's ripping off Barry in any significant way. Absolutely nothing of importance is something particular to Barry that Wally absconded and made important to himself. Whereas the reverse is obviously not true. The entire Flash show is just Speed Force nonsense nonstop.

It's just the nature of the most influential modern Flash storytelling being stuff Wally did. So, since Wally will never be the main character of a show, Barry will get every single thing Wally has adapted for him. The DCAU didn't focus on Wally -- maybe if it did we might've gotten some more Barry like stuff adapted for him but...Wally didn't need to. If you're drawing from modern resources then Wally would just have to draw from himself.
    Last edited by Dred; 08-08-2021 at 06:26 AM.

This just makes me think they only really went into his personal life in one episode of the final season. Huh.
    The entire Flash show is just Speed Force nonsense nonstop.
    Not really? It's been fairly significant in maybe the last two seasons, but otherwise aside from maybe one or two episodes it's usually in the background.

Now, Williamson's run was kind of Forces-obsessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This just makes me think they only really went into his personal life in one episode of the final season. Huh.

Not really? It's been fairly significant in maybe the last two seasons, but otherwise aside from maybe one or two episodes it's usually in the background.

Now, Williamson's run was kind of Forces-obsessed.
    The lightsaber battle was dumb asf.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

The Flash by V Ken Marion

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The Flash by V Ken Marion
    That's not bad!
    It's a departure from the red/crimson yellow associated with the character, but still recognisable as a speedster.
    I still prefer the cowl and white eyes though.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

Police Scientist isn't important to DCAU Wally at all. If you cut that 10 second scene it affects nothing. Wally also has frequently operated in Central City, that's not specific to Barry. Founding the JL, sure, but heck Wally was a founding member of the 90s JLA which the DCAU definitely gets most of its inspiration for (its opening arc is even a White Martian arc!).

Wally in the DCAU is based on Wally in the various JLs he was in, notably JLA and JLI/E.

I think it's important to weigh the amount any cameos or references actually matter, rather than listing them off like they're all equal. Trying to equate Barry using the Speed Force, something massively important to Wally and then later made massively important to Barry, to Wally having a 10 second scene where he holds a vial as a police scientist that never gets brought up again is silly.

The point is you don't watch DCAU Flash and think that it's ripping off Barry in any significant way. Absolutely nothing of importance is something particular to Barry that Wally absconded and made important to himself. Whereas the reverse is obviously not true. The entire Flash show is just Speed Force nonsense nonstop.

It's just the nature of the most influential modern Flash storytelling being stuff Wally did. So, since Wally will never be the main character of a show, Barry will get every single thing Wally has adapted for him. The DCAU didn't focus on Wally -- maybe if it did we might've gotten some more Barry like stuff adapted for him but...Wally didn't need to. If you're drawing from modern resources then Wally would just have to draw from himself.
    Except for the people who first time watch the Justice League tv show reveals this version of the Flash is still BARRY ALLEN but have RED HAIR instead.

Yeah, but that's a completely separate topic .

Gave me Spaceballs flashbacks.

"I see your Schwartz is as big as mine."

I attempted to watch because I love JWS as Jay, but I lasted maybe 2 minutes. The show has become completely unwatchable.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I attempted to watch because I love JWS as Jay, but I lasted maybe 2 minutes. The show has become completely unwatchable.
    I have only watched bits & pieces of season 7.
    Season 6 was remarkably average, but I did cut some slack as it was COVID affected.
    I think the plug needs to be pulled and give Jay a series to replace it.
    I'd be STOKED with a JWS fronted mini series ala Disney+ Marvel shows.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    That's not bad!
    It's a departure from the red/crimson yellow associated with the character, but still recognisable as a speedster.
    I still prefer the cowl and white eyes though.
    The first version of the Rebirth costume had black pants and gloves and golden lighting. It never saw print in universe, but it can be seen in a promotional shot.

Here it is, in potato resolution:

7F658F6D-9233-4BD8-9FF7-D094ABFFB134.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Except for the people who first time watch the Justice League tv show reveals this version of the Flash is still BARRY ALLEN but have RED HAIR instead.
    What do you mean? Wally was named in the show. Did they redubb it?
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 08-09-2021 at 03:18 AM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Wrong.

The end was edited cause it's a meme, but the beginning still is the original version were Bruce cleary says Wally West.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You will be able to watch him in Stargirl season 2, which by season 1 was already a better show.
    Last edited by Drako; 08-09-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Did they redubb it?
    kinda surprising that they didn't.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    What do you mean? Wally was named in the show. Did they redubb it?
    Wally having his one halfway decent portrayal in outside media over the last twenty-ish years taken away from him wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world. But I don't think that is the case even if some fans still swear it's Barry despite Wally being called by name in almost every episode he has a big part in from "Starcrossed" on.