Page 40 of 120 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Oooo anything new related to JLU has my interest highly peaked.

I kinda hope Shayera is only in costume for the cover because Iconic, I actually really liked the whole Tracksuit thing she went with after she came back to the League.
    I actually wasn't really a fan of tracksuit Hawkgirl...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I know this is supposed to be a JL revival and get fans of the show excited but all Im thinking is "Yay. More Wally!!!".
    More Wally is always good.

Though on an unrelated note, Tucker mentioned the Kid Flash in the Teen Titans: Judas Contract flashback was Barry and that Wally was never going to exist in those movies. So it could mean Wally really will get phased out when it comes to outside adaptations in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post

Though on an unrelated note, Tucker mentioned the Kid Flash in the Teen Titans: Judas Contract flashback was Barry and that Wally was never going to exist in those movies. So it could mean Wally really will get phased out when it comes to outside adaptations in the future.
    What? That's like one of the stupidest ideas ever. I'll completely ignore this.

Well, at least that universe is over.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I guess it explains why Kid Flash's hair looked blonde-ish.

I don't think it'll have much impact on future adaptions, although it was kind of weird that that was their thought process but it never came up at all with adult Barry even when he appeared in movies with the Titans in it.

Well I didn’t think there was a way to hate that overrated story anymore but leave it to DC to find a way.
    However, to be fair Wally was in like two pages and left the series.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Well I didn’t think there was a way to hate that overrated story anymore but leave it to DC to find a way.
    However, to be fair Wally was in like two pages and left the series.
    That's the animated movie, not the comic.

(I thought it was pretty good).

Spectacular Member

Considering that the animated universe has been erased out of existence, Barry was barely part of it, and him supposedly being powered since he was in his early/mid-teens and part of the Titans went unmentioned and adds nothing to the universe I wouldn't put too much stock into that glorified headcanon having any impact on future adaptations. A person on Tumblr even pointed out the plot holes that idea creates: if Barry was a founder of the Titans how could he have NOT known about Batman when he worked with Robin and why would he ask if he could join if he was already a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's the animated movie, not the comic.

(I thought it was pretty good).
    Yes, I hate all iterations of The Judas Contract
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Yes, I hate all iterations of The Judas Contract
    Why do you hate the Judas Contract so much?

Extraordinary Member

Given the contradictions and questionable logic behind this, it feels like a face-saving gesture offered up when Wally fans wanted more of him.

It *does* feel stupid to me, not going to lie. I’m getting tired of creators wanting to shelf all spin-off characters but still use their IPs for cheap pops. It’s disappointingly stupid when Snyder decided the dead Robin in his story was Duck, and it’s stupid to see someone with the animation studio who clearly put the YJ version of Wally in a movie sloppily insist it was actually Barry.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Given the contradictions and questionable logic behind this, it feels like a face-saving gesture offered up when Wally fans wanted more of him.

It *does* feel stupid to me, not going to lie. I’m getting tired of creators wanting to shelf all spin-off characters but still use their IPs for cheap pops. It’s disappointingly stupid when Snyder decided the dead Robin in his story was Duck, and it’s stupid to see someone with the animation studio who clearly put the YJ version of Wally in a movie sloppily insist it was actually Barry.
    I don't know if it's saving face when they're not going to be making any more films in this continuity so there's no real need to deny or placate any fan theories at this point.

Honestly, aside from the Wally-baiting, my main issue is the fact that it just doesn't really work from a timeline standpoint for those films.

Does Jay Garrick exist in that continuity? Barry being Kid Flash only works if he does. Jay never had a sidekick in the comics and was in a different universe when Barry debuted, which is why Kid Flash didn't exist until Wally debuted. That doesn't mean an alternate universe Jay wouldn't have had a sidekick, and if he's in the same universe as his successors, then Barry as a Kid Flash would be plausible, even if not a popular idea since it wouldn't be accurate to the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

The Flash #768 is only on the #79.

As a Wally fans, we are completely disgrace ourselves for letting our beloved runs fall into the deep holes. SHAME!! SHAME!!
    Legacy numbering isn't working out, then. The Super books also didn't make it into the top 50. #1s probably would've.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Legacy numbering isn't working out, then. The Super books also didn't make it into the top 50. #1s probably would've.
    God I hope DC doesn't go that way.
    It's my pet peeve about Marvel. I have NO idea where I am on ANY book they publish anymore.
    Relaunch after relaunch made it impossible to keep up - so I just gave up.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    God I hope DC doesn't go that way.
    It's my pet peeve about Marvel. I have NO idea where I am on ANY book they publish anymore.
    Relaunch after relaunch made it impossible to keep up - so I just gave up.
    I'm an avid Daredevil reader and collector and you have to order them by creative teams these days.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeJ77 View Post
    Why do you hate the Judas Contract so much?
    1. It was the end of Wally in the Teen Titans (did he ever come back in that run?) I think in the forward of the TPB that Perez or Wolfman even said they disliked Wally, thought he was to powerful, and that was why he was written out. Someone can correct me if I am incorrect on this.

2. I found the story to be rather bloated, long, and not interesting.

3. We are led to believe that Deathstroke and Tara, who is clearly underage, have a physical relationship...............really creepy.

4. Tara is so unlikable that I don't know how the Titans did not see her betrayal coming and I was actively rooting for one of them to kill her. Horrible character!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters: