Page 10 of 120 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    (Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Wow, these arguments are weird. Waid has constantly sung the praises of Messner-Loebs and credits him with laying so much of the groundwork for his run. As far as I know, the feeling was mutual. So much of the brilliance of Waid was that he built on what came before. I think he undoubtedly wrote the definitive Wally West but there's really no reason to take anything away from either writer.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    I have to say, I’m really excited now.
    I guess this confirms that Snyder wasn't a fan of Dr Manhattan Wally.

I like what hes saying. That Wally has been messed with and.now it's time to stop as well as bringing him back to his roots and making him the every man. Hopefully also back to his real self by making him lighthearted and happy and a hero rather than the sh#t we've gotten. A depressed constantly moaning villain.

But well see. I've heard this before. His brief appearance in DM #7 is a good start though.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

BANNED

In more important news, Wally may join the multiverse team Williamson is cooking up. I think it sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

Nice.

The way Wally is drawn here does remind me a lot of Laroque. The angular face, the light, almost blonde hair. Even the way his hair parted in those comics almost looks the same.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Wow, these arguments are weird.
    Yes, they are.

But trying to undermine Waid's importance/competence/influence is weirder. Waid is the Wally guy.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yes, they are.

But trying to undermine Waid's importance/competence/influence is weirder. Waid is the Wally guy.
    Well, yeah. That is true.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    In more important news, Wally may join the multiverse team Williamson is cooking up. I think it sounds interesting.
    I posted that yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, Williamson said he wasn't done writing speedsters. And if Infinite Frontier is an ongoing series, and it's about the Totality team from the end of Death Metal, then that means he'll be writing Wally!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Williamson’s Wally is some of the best stuff I’ve read in years. It’a going to be especially interesting to watch him interact with Luthor & Talia. Maybe he could even give him a friendship with Hawkgirl as a nod to JLU.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Williamson’s Wally is some of the best stuff I’ve read in years. It’a going to be especially interesting to watch him interact with Luthor & Talia. Maybe he could even give him a friendship with Hawkgirl as a nod to JLU.
    Yeah, if Williansom ends up getting Wally I wouldn't complain, either.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I feel like he and Kendra were on the League together during Meltzer's run, if only briefly.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    I love seeing Wally smile .

Always Rakzo

Hopefully if Williamson writes Wally again he will give him back the costume from Speed Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Hopefully if Williamson writes Wally again he will give him back the costume from Speed Metal.
    Which one? The blue one? Or Wally's original?