Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1629
  1. #1486
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Just reread Tom's Nightwing run, do you think Wally will appear in the future issues?
    He really needs to!
    It's been a LOOOOOOOONG time since we've seen Wally & Dick team-up.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  2. #1487
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    564

    Default

    Anyone think that Jeremy's Flash run focus on the West Family is what he take inspire from Peter's Superman run. It bring back the core of the Superman's center and his balance life with his family including his son, Jon Kent.

  3. #1488
    Mighty Member Waterfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Just reread Tom's Nightwing run, do you think Wally will appear in the future issues?
    He did imply a possible Wally appearence in a recent tweet.

  4. #1489
    Ultimate Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    12,772

    Default

    Think he was hinting that Dick and Wally will show up in Jon’s book since those two have also taken over as legacy heroes for their mentors.
    For when my rants on the forums just arenít enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

  5. #1490
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Think he was hinting that Dick and Wally will show up in Jon’s book since those two have also taken over as legacy heroes for their mentors.
    Now that I think about it, timeline-wise I guess Wally was in his early 20's when he became The Flash.

  6. #1491
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, timeline-wise I guess Wally was in his early 20's when he became The Flash.
    He was 19. Flash #1 is set during his 20th birthday.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  7. #1492
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    He was 19. Flash #1 is set during his 20th birthday.
    I guess I will have to table my age concerns with Jon being Superman .

  8. #1493
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess I will have to table my age concerns with Jon being Superman .
    If it helps, Bart was seven at most. ��
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  9. #1494
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    If it helps, Bart was seven at most. ��
    SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

    We don't DARE speak of that!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  10. #1495
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

    We don't DARE speak of that!
    Honestly, if back then you let me choose between letting the FMA book grow and find it's footing X what actually happened (Flash Rebirth etc etc etc), I'd go with the former, easily.

    It does pose a certain challenge to make sense of Bart's history today ("how come you were 21 and the Flash?"), but I don't find it as terrible as most people. Execution was lacking, yeah, but it had its merits.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  11. #1496
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    U.K
    Posts
    714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Honestly, if back then you let me choose between letting the FMA book grow and find it's footing X what actually happened (Flash Rebirth etc etc etc), I'd go with the former, easily.

    It does pose a certain challenge to make sense of Bart's history today ("how come you were 21 and the Flash?"), but I don't find it as terrible as most people. Execution was lacking, yeah, but it had its merits.
    Funnily enough, and randomly I am just in the process of re-reading FMA and I agree it had its merits (particularly after the first arc). I LIKED the character of Valerie Perez too and I'd love to see her revisit Bart after everything that happened to him especially if he or she has memories of their time together.

    I know this has nothing to do with Wally but FMA wasn't all bad I have to agree (and it made effective use of Inertia too).

  12. #1497
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Funnily enough, and randomly I am just in the process of re-reading FMA and I agree it had its merits (particularly after the first arc). I LIKED the character of Valerie Perez too and I'd love to see her revisit Bart after everything that happened to him especially if he or she has memories of their time together.

    I know this has nothing to do with Wally but FMA wasn't all bad I have to agree (and it made effective use of Inertia too).
    I hated that it didn't read anything like Bart.
    Valerie was a good supporting character, but I really disliked the rest of it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  13. #1498
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    Funnily enough, and randomly I am just in the process of re-reading FMA and I agree it had its merits (particularly after the first arc). I LIKED the character of Valerie Perez too and I'd love to see her revisit Bart after everything that happened to him especially if he or she has memories of their time together.

    I know this has nothing to do with Wally but FMA wasn't all bad I have to agree (and it made effective use of Inertia too).
    Honestly I have to agree, I feel like as the book was going on, it seemed to find its footing. Unfortunately while it didnít match with some Bart before, it felt on some level it was a progression of what happened with Infinite Crisis and Geoff Johnís Teen Titans. It had a lot of bright points but unfortunately the execution is what prevented it from seeing its full potential.

  14. #1499
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta
    Posts
    4,465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I hated that it didn't read anything like Bart.
    Valerie was a good supporting character, but I really disliked the rest of it.
    I feel the same way, but I also feel the same about Mike Baron's Wally.

    That book deserved a more honest shot than DC gave it.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

    To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

  15. #1500
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    I feel the same way, but I also feel the same about Mike Baron's Wally.

    That book deserved a more honest shot than DC gave it.
    Yeah, Baron's Wally leaned too far into the 'arsehole' side of Wally's personality for my tastes.
    Definitely trying too hard to separate him from Barry.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •