Page 104 of 120 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Though the cynic in me is thinking that the only reason Wally got another shot as the Flash was because they wanted to take Barry off the table in preparation for their upcoming Crisis events.
    Most likely but I will take what I can get.

I'll enjoy the current book for however long it lasts.

Ngl, I do get the sinking feeling sometimes that this is temporary and Wally will get sidelined again.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I'll enjoy the current book for however long it lasts.

Ngl, I do get the sinking feeling sometimes that this is temporary and Wally will get sidelined again.
    Yeah Barry still has a show and a movie currently in production I think it is pretty safe to say that he will headline the book again post Crisis. But that is still probably a year or two away so lets just enjoy the Jeremy Adams Flash goodness while we can.

***When Barry does headline the book again I hope his character is written better than Johns and Williamson wrote him.***

Man, it's so sad that we can't have two books for this characters and they have to be competing for the same spot. Remember when we had Flash and Impulse books at the same time?

I wish Wally and Barry had a book of their own.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I can't say for certain what the plans for the franchise are right now. To be honest I never thought Wally would even headline the main book again. So I can't know for sure where things are going to go, but it's still nice to see Wally at the forefront again.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I'm listening to the latest Bendis tapes on Wordballoon and when he was asked whether Wally would join his Justice League, Bendis said yes, before quickly qualifying that many of DC's books are in flux right now and he will have to cater to whatever DC's continuity is at any particular time. It's not exactly a confirmation of our worst fears but reassuring, it ain't.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Though the cynic in me is thinking that the only reason Wally got another shot as the Flash was because they wanted to take Barry off the table in preparation for their upcoming Crisis events.
    Definitely part of it. Hoping Wally gets to keep the book even with the movie coming, or at the very least they made a Flash: Wally West spin-off book when Barry inevitably comes back.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Man, it's so sad that we can't have two books for this characters and they have to be competing for the same spot. Remember when we had Flash and Impulse books at the same time?

It is because unlike Marvel where they are totally "Pro-Millenials and Generation Z". DC clearly show to have zero effort in pushing those legacy heroes (except for the Batfamily). Which is why we only have one green lantern, one Flash book and the Teen Titan Academy is pretty much center around the students. Meanwhile at Marvel, we can see numerous of legacy heroes appear everywhere in the Marvel Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    It is because unlike Marvel where they are totally "Pro-Millenials and Generation Z". DC clearly show to have zero effort in pushing those legacy heroes (except for the Batfamily). Which is why we only have one green lantern, one Flash book and the Teen Titan Academy is pretty much center around the students. Meanwhile at Marvel, we can see numerous of legacy heroes appear everywhere in the Marvel Universe.
    Marvel goes back and forth with their legacies too, when it suits them.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

The market needs to come to a place where that is possible again.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The market needs to come to a place where that is possible again.
    Yeah, look at Spider-Man franchise right now. How far they have finally gone through. Marvel really put a lot of efforts in pushing many spidey properties better than DC when it come to legacy characters.

Astonishing Member

There's a Jeremy Adams AMA tomorrow on The Flash subreddit for anyone interested.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Yeah Barry still has a show and a movie currently in production I think it is pretty safe to say that he will headline the book again post Crisis. But that is still probably a year or two away so lets just enjoy the Jeremy Adams Flash goodness while we can.

***When Barry does headline the book again I hope his character is written better than Johns and Williamson wrote him.***
    I'm hoping when Barry DOES eventually return, DC will finally give us the two Flash books they've promised for over a decade.
    Following their current publishing plan - 2 x 6 issue mini series once a year. 6 for Barry and 6 for Wally could work.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's a Jeremy Adams AMA tomorrow on The Flash subreddit for anyone interested.
    I literally don't understand a word of this sentence (yes, I'm old), but I'd love to read/hear an interview with him and get his thoughts on the how the book is going currently, and what he wants to do in the title over the next year.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Everyone who was born in the 80s to the 1996 are Millennials, so that generation actually was there with Wally in the comics, i know i was.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.