Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1797
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Everyone who was born in the 80s to the 1996 are Millennials, so that generation actually was there with Wally in the comics, i know i was.
    I agree on that part, from Tim Drake, Cassandra Cain , Stephanie Brown, Kyle Rayner, Kon-El , Bart Allen to Cassie Sandsmarks. All the legacy heroes who debut after 1980's era got shafted during the 'New 52' because the higher up back then are trying to bring back the silver age addiction but dark and edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I literally don't understand a word of this sentence (yes, I'm old), but I'd love to read/hear an interview with him and get his thoughts on the how the book is going currently, and what he wants to do in the title over the next year.
    AMA stands for 'Ask Me Anything'.

It's a post on Reddit where redditors can ask questions and Jeremy will answer. Basically the reddit equivalent of 'Ask Kurt Busiek' thread on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's a Jeremy Adams AMA tomorrow on The Flash subreddit for anyone interested.
    Cool! I might check it out .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Marvel goes back and forth with their legacies too, when it suits them.
    Yeah, for example, after a run back as her original identity of X-23, Laura Kinney has now reverted back to Wolverine, and both Falcon and Bucky are back in their Captain America costumes. However, they're now alongside Logan and Steve, instead of replacing them. Of course, it wouldn't be surprising if Sam keeps the stars and stripes going forward, as he took over as Cap in the MCU.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    There's a Jeremy Adams AMA tomorrow on The Flash subreddit for anyone interested.
    Here’s where to go to ask questions: https://www.reddit.com/r/theflash/co...tm_name=iossmf
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

In some of his answers in this AMA, Jeremy Adams said a couple of times that he is fighting for a second Flash book.

"OKAY! Hi everyone.

Thank you again for the warm reception here and re: the Flash in general.

First off, I am really humbled by all the kind words, happy tweets, likes, and those encouraging others to check out the book.

You may have heard this before, but buying the book is the best way to keep me on as its author. More than that, I hope you guys bug your local comic shops to sell it. I would love nothing more than the Flash to become a BESTSELLING comic, so that I can throw my weight around and convince them that a second Flash book was doable haha (My master plan). Anyway... here we go! I'll try to answer as many as I can!
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

It would be nice if we could see digital sales numbers. I'd love to buy it at an LCS but mine closed during COVID so I'm stuck trade buying and digital purchasing now.

Wonder who it would star? Bart? Irey?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Flash Family book with the rest of the speedsters: Bart, Wallace, Avery, Max, Jay and any other character with super speed.

To salvage Flash going forward, the concept should include the Thawne family (Reverse-Flash) and the Allen family… so be all about family, the theme being about elitist, educated snobs, the Thawne’s, who are all about their bloodline, i.e. "You’re related to me by blood and we’re family", versus the Flash family where "It’s not about blood, it’s about love, we’re connected by friendship". So have the Allens, the Wests, the Garricks and the Quick family, all a family because they love each other, they care about each other and that’s what’s really important, it not mattering to them that they’re related by blood or not and that’s the difference. They’re blue collar and all-American. On the other side then have the Thawnes who are all highly educated, collegiate snobs who understand the Speed Force and who look down on the white trash Allen family. This is what it should be. Then have Bart Allen, who’s half-Allen and half-Thawne, like a mixed breed kid, and it’s like “Who are you? Are you with us, or are you with them?” making him this pivotal figure that would eventually become this character called Godspeed (which would explain why Max Mercury was watching him so carefully). That is, you’ve got this whole thing where Bart Allen grows up to be this character called Godspeed, this ultimate Flash, and this is why Max Mercury has to watch him, because he’s a pinball, he’s everywhere so he needs to be raised properly like a Jedi so he can attain his full destiny. And when he does, is he going to be an Allen or is he going to be a Thawne?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Wally is in the main book, then I guess a Flash Family book with all the rest. Basically what was supposed to happen shortly after Flash Rebirth before "plans changed".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nadler View Post
    To salvage Flash going forward, the concept should include the Thawne family (Reverse-Flash) and the Allen family… so be all about family, the theme being about elitist, educated snobs, the Thawne’s, who are all about their bloodline, i.e. "You’re related to me by blood and we’re family", versus the Flash family where "It’s not about blood, it’s about love, we’re connected by friendship". So have the Allens, the Wests, the Garricks and the Quick family, all a family because they love each other, they care about each other and that’s what’s really important, it not mattering to them that they’re related by blood or not and that’s the difference. They’re blue collar and all-American. On the other side then have the Thawnes who are all highly educated, collegiate snobs who understand the Speed Force and who look down on the white trash Allen family. This is what it should be. Then have Bart Allen, who’s half-Allen and half-Thawne, like a mixed breed kid, and it’s like “Who are you? Are you with us, or are you with them?” making him this pivotal figure that would eventually become this character called Godspeed (which would explain why Max Mercury was watching him so carefully). That is, you’ve got this whole thing where Bart Allen grows up to be this character called Godspeed, this ultimate Flash, and this is why Max Mercury has to watch him, because he’s a pinball, he’s everywhere so he needs to be raised properly like a Jedi so he can attain his full destiny. And when he does, is he going to be an Allen or is he going to be a Thawne?
    The Flash isn't some purely down to earth, anti "elitist" anti collegiate series. Barry and Jay are scientists and Wally has a love for science. There shouldn't be some weird dichotomy between them and the Thawnes based on being highly educated since The Flashes highly value education. They very pro-intellectual.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    In some of his answers in this AMA, Jeremy Adams said a couple of times that he is fighting for a second Flash book.

"OKAY! Hi everyone.

Thank you again for the warm reception here and re: the Flash in general.

First off, I am really humbled by all the kind words, happy tweets, likes, and those encouraging others to check out the book.

You may have heard this before, but buying the book is the best way to keep me on as its author. More than that, I hope you guys bug your local comic shops to sell it. I would love nothing more than the Flash to become a BESTSELLING comic, so that I can throw my weight around and convince them that a second Flash book was doable haha (My master plan). Anyway... here we go! I'll try to answer as many as I can!
    Here's hoping .

Jay Garrick!!!!!!!!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

The best case scenario for us Wally fans is for Wally and Barry to have their own seperate ongoings once he's back after the upcoming Crisis. The other speedsters can play supporting roles between the two books.