Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1797
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Holy ****... that's worse than I thought.
    Yeah, I underestimated the depth of Didio's pettiness so, so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    From Francis Manapul's new interview: http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...ancis-manapul/

What a shame that he never got to work with Wally. Wally's luck with artists have always been terrible. Not a fan of any artist in this run so far either. Manapul would have made wonders with a character he loved and not a forgettable series.
    Wow, that's rough. I knew there were certain characters that he couldn't use but I had no idea that he felt so restricted by what was left on the table. It would be nice to see him come back and get a second run where he has more freedom at some point.

I don't know how I would have felt about his Wally idea if it had actually happened during his run. It sounds waaaaaay better than what we ended up getting in the next run with Wallace but I still don't know if I would have been happy with a version of Wally regressed back to his pre-KidFlash status. I think the way Johns handled Wally's return in Rebirth was ultimately the right move.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Wow, that's rough. I knew there were certain characters that he couldn't use but I had no idea that he felt so restricted by what was left on the table. It would be nice to see him come back and get a second run where he has more freedom at some point.

I don't know how I would have felt about his Wally idea if it had actually happened during his run. It sounds waaaaaay better than what we ended up getting in the next run with Wallace but I still don't know if I would have been happy with a version of Wally regressed back to his pre-KidFlash status. I think the way Johns handled Wally's return in Rebirth was ultimately the right move.
    A big part of the annoyance and pain with New 52 Wally was that he was suddenly completely out of the age group of all his friends, contemporaries, and everything. He only existed to be Barry's sidekick and not to be Wally West. So even Manapul's maneuver would've sucked because Dick Grayson's generation would never be that Wally's generation again.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'd heard rumours that both Brian AND Francis were both REALLY keen to reintroduce Wally, and Dan cut them off at the knees every time they brought it up.
    Confirmation of Didio's pettiness towards the Wally West character is kinda awful, but hardly a shock.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

It looked as if ManaBooch had some story ideas they set up and never got to utilize. Piper/Singh is one. Barry's forensic science background was another. There was a standalone issue with Barry solving a cold case, which was spiked.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I'd heard rumours that both Brian AND Francis were both REALLY keen to reintroduce Wally, and Dan cut them off at the knees every time they brought it up.
    Confirmation of Didio's pettiness towards the Wally West character is kinda awful, but hardly a shock.
    Wow. Do we know which year this was?

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    A big part of the annoyance and pain with New 52 Wally was that he was suddenly completely out of the age group of all his friends, contemporaries, and everything. He only existed to be Barry's sidekick and not to be Wally West. So even Manapul's maneuver would've sucked because Dick Grayson's generation would never be that Wally's generation again.
    Yeah, I remember how much it sucked having Titans Hunt reunite "the original team" and having New52 Wally over in Flash de-aged and not having ever put on a costume when he was a founding member and belonged at that reunion. Not having him hang out with Dick ever again would have been a bummer. One of the many reasons that it is the wrong choice to revert Wally back to a teenage Kid Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It sounds like this was an ongoing issue throughout his entire run. In case you missed it and you're interested, Waterfall posted a recent interview with Manapul discussing all of the issues he had trying to use Wally and editorial getting in the way. It's about halfway down the last page

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    It looked as if ManaBooch had some story ideas they set up and never got to utilize. Piper/Singh is one. Barry's forensic science background was another. There was a standalone issue with Barry solving a cold case, which was spiked.
    Who killed Barry's mom.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Their whole tenure, I think. Addressing the Wally controversy to the audience was one of the first things Booch ever did (really nice guy, btw). Manapul has said "my pitch is at Dan Didio's desk" almost every single time he was asked about it.

It's nothing new. These details now, though... yeah, it sucked.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Wally once again is on Superman Son of Kal-El.
    What's up with the fingerless gloves?

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Wally once again is on Superman Son of Kal-El.
    What's up with the fingerless gloves?

Seems like art inconsistencies is becoming a thing with The Flash.

Incredible Member

Wally meeting Dick for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Wally meeting Dick for the first time?

Wally's haircut .

Astonishing Member

I like to think of any inconsistencies in Wally's costume just being him willing his costume to look a little different because he can. Why not experiment when you basically magically conjure your clothes from nothing?