written by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by DAVID LaFUENTE
    and BRANDON PETERSON
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    card stock variant cover by ZI XU
    ON SALE 4/20/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    After an accident pushes Wally West into the time stream, the former Kid Flash lands in the body of his onetime partner, Impulse. Now sprinting through the 30th century side by side with the mysterious (and, yeah, ridiculous) Gold Beetle, Wally must uncover what's causing the destructive explosions that keep propelling him through time and the bodies of other speedsters.

This is amazing! Not only does it look like we won't have the plot about him wanting to quit dragged out for months but it also seems like it leads into Wally taking over the main book again! I'll probably buy both the digital and physical releases of these.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gold Beetle is the descendant of Booster and Ted Kord? Kinda gives me Mattie Franklin vibes, with her making kissy faces at The Flash.
    That would be the greatest twist ever. Blue and Gold are weird enough, and crazy enough, to find a machine that could produce a child with their DNA.

I can't wait for this. DC being fun again ? I'm in !

The blue and gold makes her look like a female Guardian. Even down to the yellow trunks.

Always Rakzo

I wish I knew more about Jeremy Adams to know if I should be excited or not.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    While I'm not sold on the body jumping thing, I am STOKED to see Wally West in his Flash duds again!
    Can't wait to get my hands on this.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    I enjoyed the Lego Flash movie .

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    While I'm not sold on the body jumping thing, I am STOKED to see Wally West in his Flash duds again!
    Can't wait to get my hands on this.
    Agreed. The body jumping sounds iffy (especially when there have been several female speedsters) but that cover reminds me of days past when DC wasn't all doom and gloom. Almost 100% interested in a new Flash book (and that hasn't really happened since early 2011.)
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    This is amazing! Not only does it look like we won't have the plot about him wanting to quit dragged out for months but it also seems like it leads into Wally taking over the main book again!
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster / And treat those two impostors just the same..."

It's looking a lot like Wally and Barry are co-leads on this series. That would mean some issues could be "Wally-led" and some "Barry-led" - if you don't assume Wally is going to be the sole lead, you're going to be less disappointed when he's not, and happier at what he IS getting.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster / And treat those two impostors just the same..."

It's looking a lot like Wally and Barry are co-leads on this series. That would mean some issues could be "Wally-led" and some "Barry-led" - if you don't assume Wally is going to be the sole lead, you're going to be less disappointed when he's not, and happier at what he IS getting.
    I could see it working depending on how they handle it...Wally has his adventures, Barry's fighting his Rogues, and maybe the stories combine at times.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

So Kamen Rider route? I can live with this. After everything we've been through, I can very much live with this.

A shame this didn't happen when the book was bimonthly.

I’m not falling for this again. If it actually sticks and you guys like it, I will pick it up in trade.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

Kind of weird that Wally's spending time with Blue and Booster's kid and not his own but whatever. Maybe it's just a silly short story and trying not to dwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    So Kamen Rider route? I can live with this. After everything we've been through, I can very much live with this.

A shame this didn't happen when the book was bimonthly.
    Well, Kamen Rider if they alternated episodes as to who the Main Rider was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Kind of weird that Wally's spending time with Blue and Booster's kid and not his own but whatever. Maybe it's just a silly short story and trying not to dwell.
    Probably specific circumstances while he's stuck in Bart's body.

Astonishing Member

I know. But, like, the Bart body jump is such a weird story to open up on. I mean it's not like you have to do a body swap for Wally to be in the future. Also why not just make it a Bart story if it's about his birth era? etc etc. I'll wait to read before passing judgement as it's nothing egregious (like Future State), it's just super odd considering the dozens of loose threads Wally's got dangling that won't be addressed in Bart's body in the future hanging out with Ted and Michael's successor.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-16-2021 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I know. But, like, the Bart body jump is such a weird story to open up on.
    Maybe it'll make sense in context. If I remember the first cover it was the Flashes kind of melding into each other, so the new villain is perhaps behind it?