Page 15 of 120 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm interested to see what happens to the Flash title.
    I am surprised that we haven't seen any interviews with the new creative team. Or even confirmation that they are the new creative team and not just a fill in/placeholder.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Maybe this team will only write the redemption of Wally before he jumps in another ongoing/mini/maxi-series ?

I'd love to get more than one arc in the Flash book but I really don't see letting Barry in Wally's shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Ham View Post
    Maybe this team will only write the redemption of Wally before he jumps in another ongoing/mini/maxi-series ?

I'd love to get more than one arc in the Flash book but I really don't see letting Barry in Wally's shadow.
    Barry's on the JL.

I would be very happy if the Flash book starred Wally or if they did a rotating cast per arc. Wally for a few issues, Barry and then some Jay. Then have the arcs dove tail into a team up. Lots of Flash goodness.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I would be very happy if the Flash book starred Wally or if they did a rotating cast per arc. Wally for a few issues, Barry and then some Jay. Then have the arcs dove tail into a team up. Lots of Flash goodness.
    I'm okay with a rotating cast too, and think it would be the best solution. But apparently we'll only really know come July.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    Yup. That'd do me too.
    I'm more concerned with the fact that it's been VERY quiet on the Flash front.
    No announcements, no hype, no interviews. Makes me think DC might be thinking of giving the title a break for a while ala Aquaman....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yup. That'd do me too.
    No announcements, no hype, no interviews. Makes me think DC might be thinking of giving the title a break for a while ala Aquaman....
    I'm curious about this possible shifting of the mantle...

Yup. That'd do me too.
    They should try with the Flash and have two books. People are asking for a new book with Wally for years. They finaly gave another book for the Wonder Family, why not with the scarlet speedster?

"The Flash" with Barry as lead, "Speed Force\Flash Forward\Whatever name" with Wally.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They should try with the Flash and have two books. People are asking for a new book with Wally for years. They finaly gave another book for the Wonder Family, why not with the scarlet speedster?

"The Flash" with Barry as lead, "Speed Force\Flash Forward\Whatever name" with Wally.
    They could also just have one Flash title ship twice a month with every other issue being a Barry story or a Wally story. It sounds confusing, but it would be like how Rucka interspersed Diana's new origin with modern stories every other issue. When the trades came out, arcs were separated to make for an easier read. That could allow DC to determine which Flash would better serve them going forward. I'm a Wally fan, so I suspect him.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    They could also just have one Flash title ship twice a month with every other issue being a Barry story or a Wally story. It sounds confusing, but it would be like how Rucka interspersed Diana's new origin with modern stories every other issue. When the trades came out, arcs were separated to make for an easier read. That could allow DC to determine which Flash would better serve them going forward. I'm a Wally fan, so I suspect him.
    Wouldn't kinda kill the flow of the stories in the book?
    Or maybe just make a Flash book with a back-up like the Justice League. Like Geoff Johns promised us in all those interviews when they brought Barry back and ignored soon after.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Wouldn't kinda kill the flow of the stories in the book?
    Or maybe just make a Flash book with a back-up like the Justice League. Like Geoff Johns promised us in all those interviews when they brought Barry back and ignored soon after.
    It could kill the flow of the floppies if you decide to read twice a month. I think you could mitigate that by setting one Flash in Central and the other in Keystone.

Or even Washington (where the JL are based) or New York (location of the Teen Titans Academy, and thus where Wallace is currently).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I think Flash sells well enough to have two ongoings, it's whether DC is willing to commit to that (and something non-Batman) that I doubt.

But as it is it seems like Wally is the lead of the ongoing book while Barry is in the League.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But as it is it seems like Wally is the lead of the ongoing book while Barry is in the League.
    I don't think we're getting the actual status quo for the Flash Family until maybe July, after Infinite Frontier #1. From march till then, we'll probably get some stories that are nnot quite filler, but not quite important. Some set up, and some to pacify the fandom.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Yup. That'd do me too.
    I am actually ok with this. Since the Johns /Van Sciver Flash Rebirth we have had nothing but hype, interviews and promises and not much delivered ever since. Johns second Flash run, The New 52 (other than the Manapul art) and Williamsons runs were all forgettable IMO.

Both the great Waid and first Johns runs were surprise hits IMO. No hype at first. I am hoping this new team surprises the hell out of us. I briefly had a few words with Jeremy Adams on Twitter and he seems to be very excited for his run and some of his all time favorite comics seem to come from around the early Wally years.
    Last edited by Hol; 02-05-2021 at 02:25 PM.