Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Do we know ANYTHING about the upcoming series? The writer says he wasn't approached by anyone to make any interviews. DC is doing absolutely nothing to promote it. They've changed the price, the relase date and we weren't even informed.

These are all hurting my confidence in the series. I'm afraid the event crossover will ruin the series this summer, I hope that doesn't happen.
    It has been VERY low key hasn't it?
    Especially when you compare it to the return of Barry, or even the Rebirth one-shot.
    My thought is that DC are hedging their bets here.
    If the Barry in the Multiverse book bombs, or the Wally is the Flash fails - they will quickly re-establish the 'Barry One & Only Flash' status.
    I hope the Flash book sells gangbusters, and I'll definitely be supporting both books.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Do we know ANYTHING about the upcoming series? The writer says he wasn't approached by anyone to make any interviews. DC is doing absolutely nothing to promote it. They've changed the price, the relase date and we weren't even informed.

These are all hurting my confidence in the series. I'm afraid the event crossover will ruin the series this summer, I hope that doesn't happen.
    Yes, it has been a low profile relaunch, but i don't think this should hurt your confidence in DC's plans. Quite the contrary, in fact.

The Didio years were run on spectacle and controversy, and he stayed there so long that lots of people tend to think that was always DC's M.O., but once upon a time, it wasn't. DC seems now be trying to move away from the infights and fractured fan-bases of last year. The more problematic franchises are (i'm thinking, specially and in this order, Flash, Batgirl and Green Lantern), the less of a spotlight they're gonna shine in them.

So, no, we're not about to see Fireworks forming Wally's face in the sky, and if someone is hoping that Barry will be subjected to all the bullshit Wally was, that won't happen either. What we're getting is a nice and calm status quo shift to settle in before any events happen with the major players already in their places.

And Wally is one of them, I'm pretty sure.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

They're also not relaunching, right? Just carrying on from the current numbering? Although I think other creative teams for books doing that have been more involved in promoting.

This summer, we have an event where Barry plays a huge role. Who is to say the book won't be hijacked? I want to be hopeful about this but I have little to work with...

This summer, we have an event where Barry plays a huge role. Who is to say the book won't be hijacked? I want to be hopeful about this but I have little to work with...
    I'm not quite sure what the plan with Justice Incarnate is.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    Barry will be the one discovering Darkseid's crime scene
    end of spoilers

So they'll start there since it's a Multiverse matter

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They'll appear in the Infinite Frontier mini-series, alongside the Totality team.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yes, it has been a low profile relaunch, but i don't think this should hurt your confidence in DC's plans. Quite the contrary, in fact.

The Didio years were run on spectacle and controversy, and he stayed there so long that lots of people tend to think that was always DC's M.O., but once upon a time, it wasn't. DC seems now be trying to move away from the infights and fractured fan-bases of last year. The more problematic franchises are (i'm thinking, specially and in this order, Flash, Batgirl and Green Lantern), the less of a spotlight they're gonna shine in them.

So, no, we're not about to see Fireworks forming Wally's face in the sky, and if someone is hoping that Barry will be subjected to all the bullshit Wally was, that won't happen either. What we're getting is a nice and calm status quo shift to settle in before any events happen with the major players already in their places.

And Wally is one of them, I'm pretty sure.
    Haha. Like this?

Screenshot_20210304-135354_Netflix.jpg

But yeah it has been pretty quiet. They even added more pages and moved the release dates stealthily. I guess there has been no word on a back up story so itll just be more pages of Wally which I'm more than ok with. I was really looking forward to next Tuesday but guess I'll have to wait another two weeks.

Anyone have twitter or something that they can reach out to Jeremy Adams to get some sort of info since DC has been so low key about it?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally under a new alias called "Speed"

by
    bhavbhav

https://www.deviantart.com/bhavbhav/...ghnut-20390867

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post

Wally under a new alias called "Speed"

by
    bhavbhav

https://www.deviantart.com/bhavbhav/...ghnut-20390867
    I guess it's supposed to be his Nightwing equivalent?

They'd never use that name for two reasons. One, Marvel has a speedster called Speed. Two, it sounds too much like Speedy. I remember the Young Justice cartoon making a joke about that. People think Speedy is a speedster (i.e. Kid Flash), but of course, he's actually Green Arrow's sidekick. Speedy does make more sense for a speedster then an archer! What were the writers in 1941 thinking when they called Roy that?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

It was 1941, they weren't even thinking about speedsters or Jay Garrick or the eventual Kid Flash 20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They'd never use that name for two reasons. One, Marvel has a speedster called Speed. Two, it sounds too much like Speedy. I remember the Young Justice cartoon making a joke about that. People think Speedy is a speedster (i.e. Kid Flash), but of course, he's actually Green Arrow's sidekick. Speedy does make more sense for a speedster then an archer! What were the writers in 1941 thinking when they called Roy that?
    Speedy is much better than what we use to call him here in Brazil back in the day. Speedy here was "translated" to Ricardito.

Ricardito is like "Little Richard". I never found out the reason for this name, but I think they choose this cause of Richard the Lionheart, to keep the character in the Robin Hood motify.

It's like the worst "localization" of a super-hero name ever, and we had a bunch of those, like Martian Manhunter was Ajax and Jay Garrick was Joel Ciclone.

The worst part is that even Mia was called Ricardito, even if Ricardo is a male name.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Like Dred said Roy was made before Wally was even a glimmer in his creator's eye, there was only one speedster in DC at the time (Jay predates Roy by almost two years), and I think the name "Speedy" was because Roy was the speedier archer between him and Oliver.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

I've been curious if Wally will actually appear as the Flash in Bendis's JL. Barry did say in IF that he would replace him on there but we havent seen anything yet. I'm pretty much picking up JL for Wally possibly being in it (and the JLD backup) as I'm not a fan of Bendis.

But just like Bendis did in his Superman run he is as unclear as can be or just mixing them up or I dont know. The Flash is only in one scene. They call him Barry and he is acting like a scientist in a far shot where you cant see much. So Barry right? Maybe this takes place before Barry leaves. But then it zooms in and...

RCO017_1615888441.jpg

That looks like Wally to me. Not just because of the bright red hair but even the face. "Sigh" So the question remains which Flash will be in Bendis's JL? If he even knows himself.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake