Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast

It's Barry, they call him by name.
    The colorist got it wrong.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

It's not only the colorist, the hairstyle is Wally's as well.

So, there goes hopes of Wally appearing in JL......

Who will be the Justice League’s official Flash, Barry Allen or Wally West?
    Bendis said Barry will appear as a guest-star, and that he’s been in every issue so far. “It’s Barry, for reasons,” Bendis said. “And anything else I say is a spoiler to someone else’s story.”
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/justice-l...iew-dc-comics/

Between this and the last minute changes to main book, I don't have any expectations left from this new run anymore.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Wally in the proper Flash book and Barry in JL. This sounds A-OK to me and it is the type of setup DC should have had all along.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    It's not only the colorist, the hairstyle is Wally's as well.
    Right? Not just the youthful looking face but he has the parted hair like Laroque used to draw.

So, there goes hopes of Wally appearing in JL......

https://www.comicsbeat.com/justice-l...iew-dc-comics/

Between this and the last minute changes to main book, I don't have any expectations left from this new run anymore.
    Well that's disappointing. And after it was specifically said in IF that Wally would replace Barry on the league. Same here. Think im going to drop JL now. Guess Wally getting his due was too good to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    Wally in the proper Flash book and Barry in JL. This sounds A-OK to me and it is the type of setup DC should have had all along.
    Yes. When Barry was everywhere and had his own comic would have been nice to have Wally have some place. Now that its Wallys time to shine they decide to switch it up of course .
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yes. When Barry was everywhere and had his own comic would have been nice to have Wally have some place. Now that its Wallys time to shine they decide to switch it up of course .
    Both Barry's death and Wally's disappearance are editorial interference. This is the first time they're actually being fair.

Right? Not just the youthful looking face but he has the parted hair like Laroque used to draw.

Well that's disappointing. And after it was specifically said in IF that Wally would replace Barry on the league. Same here. Think im going to drop JL now. Guess Wally getting his due was too good to be true.

Well, everyone looks youthful in Marquez' style. Even Black Adam. He also had very delicate features, so it's not like the art is being very accurate to past runs.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Well, everyone looks youthful in Marquez' style. Even Black Adam. He also had very delicate features, so it's not like the art is being very accurate to past runs.
    That is true. I like Marquez's art but I did notice that Superman had more of a pretty boy vibe rather than a chiseled strong man look.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Spectacular Member

isn't wally meant to have a confrontation with the league in the next flash book?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Both Barry's death and Wally's disappearance are editorial interference. This is the first time they're actually being fair.
    probably a bit early to be saying that, in a few months for all we know wally could be retired/dead/in prison.

I've been curious if Wally will actually appear as the Flash in Bendis's JL. Barry did say in IF that he would replace him on there but we havent seen anything yet. I'm pretty much picking up JL for Wally possibly being in it (and the JLD backup) as I'm not a fan of Bendis.

But just like Bendis did in his Superman run he is as unclear as can be or just mixing them up or I dont know. The Flash is only in one scene. They call him Barry and he is acting like a scientist in a far shot where you cant see much. So Barry right? Maybe this takes place before Barry leaves. But then it zooms in and...

Attachment 107318

That looks like Wally to me. Not just because of the bright red hair but even the face. "Sigh" So the question remains which Flash will be in Bendis's JL? If he even knows himself.
    Bendis can't seem to differentiate the Flashes in his comics, even down to the artists.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I would have been fine with this set up if they weren't already kneecapping the new run. I have already suspicions about summer event interrupting the Flash book and ruining Wally's storylines. Anyways we should see about summer event tie-ins soon.

I would have been fine with this set up if they weren't already kneecapping the new run. I have already suspicions about summer event interrupting the Flash book and ruining Wally's storylines. Anyways we should see about summer event tie-ins soon.
    I’ve had my reservations as well. Which is why I am most likely to trade wait.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

With new management, I'm somewhat more hopeful.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I know Wally fans have been burned more times than we can remember, but I'm going to take the 'wait & see' approach for the moment.
    At least until I see what direction the new writer is taking and his voice for Wally.

The fact he's headlining the title again at all is a plus, but it could all simply lead to having the rug pulled out from under us again in six months.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I got excited when I saw Wally but also very confused because they already mentioned Barry. It would've been nice but unfortunately it's just a mishap.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8