Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Yeah that I'll give you. He wasnt that much fun in there. I dont see too many Wally fans pointing to that run as a favorite Wally series or that important to him. They mainly used him for tough drama.

Attachment 104103

Up until he took on the mantle after Crisis DC didnt seem to know what to do with him back then in general.
    Puberty, amirite .

BANNED

Last edited by SecretWarrior; 01-03-2021 at 11:19 PM.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post

That first page. "Face palm" typical Wally lol.

Wallys mom. She was a character and definitely drama. Lol. More realistic than the typical comic book mom.

I would like to see a team up between Wallys mom, Aunt May and Ma Kent.

That last page was when Wally and Linda actually realized there might be something more there . Cool moment.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

fae921869127da75a615efb802e122f4.jpg

1960's filmation Wally.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

1960's filmation Wally.

oh dear...........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

1960's filmation Wally.
    That's an interesting color combination...

Yeah they reversed the colors and made his hair black. Which is funny cuz Wally was dying his hair in the comics too at the time.

Always Rakzo

That first page. "Face palm" typical Wally lol.

Wallys mom. She was a character and definitely drama. Lol. More realistic than the typical comic book mom.

I would like to see a team up between Wallys mom, Aunt May and Ma Kent.

That last page was when Wally and Linda actually realized there might be something more there . Cool moment.
    Wonderful Messner-Loebs moments. The final page was the conclusion of his run and it perfectly summarized what was so great about it.

Wally's mom was also a pretty good character under Messner-Loebs... unfortunately, once that Waid came on-board she lost all of her complexity and became a stereotypical terrible mother.

Astonishing Member

Waid was the lead editor during the majority of Loebs' run so it's odd to bash him for what was in Loebs' run but wasn't in his.

Waid pretty expressly went out of his way to establish a new cast, for good reason. The only thing he really kept from WML's run was Piper and Linda because he wouldn't really have room for the rest of the supporting cast WML used. And, frankly, he'd likely already had his hand in crafting those comics and wanted to do something new.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-04-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Always Rakzo

Messner-Loebs' run had the more human cast, the more relatable, complex and diverse cast.

Waid's run replaced them with mostly a Speed Force-related group which, while might have seen novel at the time, clearly showed its weakness due that their personalities completely revolved around the Speed Force (Just like most of Waid's run which got really tiring half-way).

Astonishing Member

I have no idea what you mean by "their personalities completely revolved around the Speed Force." The only person that even kind of makes sense for is Max. But Wally and Linda was a love story and Bart's personality is famously unique. And Jesse didn't give a crap about the Speed Force and her personality conflicts with Wally were only related to the Speed Force in the sense that Wally thought the Speed Force was going to kill him.

Always Rakzo

Again, what were the major themes of Waid's run? Right, Wally will become the king of the Speed Force, Bart is an impulsive (and obnoxious) kid because of the Speed Force, Jay was a mentor for Speed Force users... so was Max until he was later replaced by Jay because their roles were redundant, Jesee's point was inheriting the abilities of her father.

Yeah, there's a running theme here. The only ones separated from this were Linda (although her love for Wally kinda creates a connection there) and Piper who also lost most of his personality around the way.

Astonishing Member

...The Major themes of Waid's run was love and family. He literally has outlined his entire Flash run as a heroic love story between Wally and Linda.

The point of the run wasn't for Wally to become "king of the Speed Force" because, when Waid left the run, Wally still feared for his life as the Speed Force was still a Faustian bargain.

I'm not sure if you're just backwardsly exhausted by the Speed Force. It was important in Waid's run but the characters weren't based on it. It was used as a plot device to further the character driven story. Hell, he specifically says the original story for the Speed Force -- terminal velocity -- was just using it as a Temple of Doom scenario. "No one's ever survived the Temple of Doom!" And then the hero triumphantly survives it.

He got Bart and Max their own book. A really freaking good one with tons of wholesome moments. And that also wasn't all about the Speed Force either.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-04-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Always Rakzo

I guess the constant repetition of "WALLY IS THE GREATEST FLASH EVARZ AND WILL SURPASS BARRY!" fooled me.

Astonishing Member

That was literally the one story arc...before the Speed Force was even named or central to a story. ROBA is the only story where the focus is on Wally being the bestest ever. Even later he had Wally fail where Barry succeeded (Chain Lightning) because of their different strengths. For real man I do not know what you're railing against. I suppose Terminal Velocity has Wally learning new stuff once the Speed Force is introduced but, again, Terminal Velocity was about establishing the Speed Force as more of a threat to his life in exchange for power to create the drama and resolution for Wally and Linda's love story.

Feels weird having to defend Wally's flash run in the appreciation thread.
    Last edited by Dred; 01-04-2021 at 05:24 PM.