Page 34 of 120 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

The Flash #768 was great. It was even better than great. There are a lot of things that were missing in the previous Flash books and, for the first time since, maybe 15 years, it truly feels like a Flash story.

And, well, the long awaited RetCon of Heroes in Crisis is finally on its way. Wally who has to stop spoilers:
    explosions of Speed Force
    end of spoilers ? This is a bit obvious but I won’t complain.
    Last edited by Spider-Ham; 03-30-2021 at 05:49 AM.

Not gonna lie...that interview made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I really like what Jeremy had to say and just his energy about the character makes me smile.

Looking forward to reading this issue today. Hope it is good. The art looks so nice from the previews.

Great start for Wally in his new adventure today.

With Wally and Dick being my favorite characters i couldn't ask for a better month. I hope Donna can get some love this year too .
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

YES!!!!

For the first time in a VERY long time I was thrilled to read the Flash again. After all the crap DC has put us Wally fans through I was very skeptical but am so glad that I gave this issue a chance.

I have never heard of Adams before but I look forward to seeing what he has in store for our boy! Now if only DC would return the freaking JSA.....
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wow. Loved it.

A great adventure story with a lot of fun. I mean bouncing through time and being chased by dinosaurs with super speed. Wally had his personality back. Having fun and being himself. This is what a Flash comic should be. Just awesome sci fi fun. Art was pretty good as well. Peterson is not my favorite but still. Was cool they used Humbarto Ramos type art for the Impulse segment. The Barry and GA parts added the emotional aspect to it. Although i dont mind Barry being in it from time to time I hope they give Wally the spotlight. Its his time to shine.

Off to a great start and really excited for the future.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Wow. Loved it.

A great adventure story with a lot of fun. I mean bouncing through time and being chased by dinosaurs with super speed. Wally had his personality back. Having fun and being himself. This is what a Flash comic should be. Just awesome sci fi fun. Art was pretty good as well. Peterson is not my favorite but still. Was cool they used Humbarto Ramos type art for the Impulse segment. The Barry and GA parts added the emotional aspect to it. Although i dont mind Barry being in it from time to time I hope they give Wally the spotlight. Its his time to shine.

Off to a great start and really excited for the future.
    Regarding Barry, these are the freaking interactions we should have had between the two all along! It’s about freaking time!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Regarding Barry, these are the freaking interactions we should have had between the two all along! It’s about freaking time!
    Agreed. Was nice to see them together. It has been rare.

I'm glad were at this point buddy. Never thought I'd see it.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Agreed. Was nice to see them together. It has been rare.

I'm glad were at this point buddy. Never thought I'd see it.
    Agreed, now if I can just get my freaking JSA fix! LOL! Though it was nice to see that Jay and Max exist! I hope they pop up more.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:

I thought this issue was great! Best Flash comic I have read in many years. Light, fun but still with some emotional beats. Adams gets Wallys voice really well. The art by Anderson and LaFuente was fantastic! Great looking book. Also, I LOVED that those stupid New 52 lines weren't in Barry's suit. Although in a couple scenes the boots still had that silly look.

Also I really like the interaction with Wally and Barry here...so much better than in Williamsons run where they were either super sappy or screaming at each other. This seemed like two life long friends and it felt right.

I did not mind the beginning with the HIC references and conversation with Ollie because I think the problem with the speed force that Wally is going to have to fix is that explosion nonsense from HIC...so hopefully it will be revealed that it was not his fault. Then between that and the Thawne/cover up retcon from Williamsons run Wally is all in the clear now.

Anyway, this was a great issue and I really liked that we got the extra pages. I gladly pay $5 for a well written Wally West Flash comic. Can't wait until next issue!

Astonishing Member

I didn't expect anything, but it was really great start, one of the best in Infinite Frontier.

What a refreshing issue. I can't wait to see where this is going. It's been a long time since I've been excited for a Flash comic.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

To quote my own reply from the issue thread..

I don't like the wanting to quit angle bit I think it sets up a good place for the book to be, that "hook" you guys are talking about. Effectively, it's actually picking up where Waid left off and never really got a chance to go: Wally, the consummate, near-life-long superhero trying to balance the life he's used to with being a husband and dad and all the great but often mundane stuff that comes with it. It has always been the next step in Wally's evolution so I can't imagine Jeremy Adams not wanting to pick that up in his own run. Besides, it's a good challenge for Wally without it being another case of dumping on the character but rather something that gives him place to further grow.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the issue. I did much prefer the Lafuente art to Peterson (Which part did Santucci draw, by the way, or is one of these an inker?) but it was a nice looking book all round. More importantly, it was a pleasure to read. A fun, simple premise (kinda Race Through Time ver. 2) mixed with excellent characterization and the exactly right tone for the Flash. Amazingly, not only do I think that Adams got Wally's voice down pat (well, as much as anyone who's not Mark Waid, who still can't be beat in this department) but his Barry really felt on-point too. No brooding or moping just a nerdy dude with a proactive and hopeful attitude towards a (pseudo) scientific challenge who's not afraid to stand up for himself when pushed by someone like Ollie Queen. I'm super excited to have Wally headlining this book again but if this is how Adams writes Barry, I do hope we see him showing up often - albeit in supporting or guest roles too for the foreseeable future as it needs time to really set up Wally's new status quo.

Also, did I miss something but when did Barry go back to wearing his proper costume? No stupid chin strap or random yellow line in sight!
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Agreed, now if I can just get my freaking JSA fix! LOL! Though it was nice to see that Jay and Max exist! I hope they pop up more.
    Yeah hope to see more of the Flash family.

One of my favorite parts.

RCO022_1617107201.jpg

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Couldn't be happier about Flash #768. What a great and promising start!

Adams gets the perfect voices for these characters, writing a very good Wally. The art was great too, with Peterson's part being my least favorite. Santucci's part, on the other hand, was amazing.

Also, I love the mysteries of the Speed Force and where it might goes. Its potential, much like The Flash's, is limitless in every sense. Btw, nice touch when it mentions Wally's special connection to it, as it should be.

I'm not surprised about Adams getting the Flash right. It's exactly the type of stories that shows the character's potential! His last two interviews speak volumes; for example:

You're about to take the reins on The Flash and, in this movie, you've got two in Barry Allen and Jay Garrick. What's the appeal of The Flash for you as a storyteller? What does the character mean to you?

Adams: It's interesting, I've been having this conversation with my editor. [Laughs] I'm much more in love with the Doctor Who kind of version of The Flash in terms of The Flash stories that go completely sideways, like, "Oh, we're in another universe! We're in the past or the future! The Speed Force does this and that!" I like the real zany, out of left field stuff because, in that way, I feel like he's not just a guy who can go fast but it adds another dimension to the character; he can go, not just fast, but anywhere in time and space. What does that mean? What does it mean to the timeline and so many other things?

I think when Geoff Johns did Flashpoint, it was such a key ingredient to look how really powerful this character possibly could be. And I love that, one of my favorite things about The Flash is you can really go anywhere with him.

https://www.cbr.com/justice-society-...ams-interview/