Page 39 of 120 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I didn't get that at all from Williamsons run. It felt like Barry always doubted himself and bummed. I feel like it was mentioned from other characters in the book often.
    You see how Barry acted in the first few arcs, I think it's definitely there, but there was a stark downturn starting from when he revealed his identity to Wallace and fought Thawne and he didn't really completely recover until the tail end of the run.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Yeah, I really didn't like Williamson's Barry, which is a pity because he's clearly a very talented writer.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Yeah, I really didn't like Williamson's Barry, which is a pity because he's clearly a very talented writer.
    I'm not really a fan of most of his stuff. It isn't just how he wrote Barry. His plots are often weak too IMO. I feel like his Flash run gets a lot of hype because at the end he brought back a lot of beloved characters. Otherwise a lot of his stories didn't even make sense.

I did enjoy his Year One story though. That's about it.

Astonishing Member

I thought Year One was his worst execution. Just a headache of a mediocre time travel story and didn't do any of the juicy stuff Year One's usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    I thought Year One was his worst execution. Just a headache of a mediocre time travel story and didn't do any of the juicy stuff Year One's usually do.
    I had the exact opposite reaction .
    I'm not really a fan of most of his stuff. It isn't just how he wrote Barry. His plots are often weak too IMO. I feel like his Flash run gets a lot of hype because at the end he brought back a lot of beloved characters. Otherwise a lot of his stories didn't even make sense.

There was stuff I didn't enjoy about it but I thought it was a pretty solid and good Flash run, but that's just me .

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I mean, that may well be true. I didn't read enough to know for sure but from what I did read, it did seem like he knew how to put a comic together.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Spectacular Member

Oooo anything new related to JLU has my interest highly peaked.

I kinda hope Shayera is only in costume for the cover because Iconic, I actually really liked the whole Tracksuit thing she went with after she came back to the League.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Well, this story certainly ain't going to make Wally like time travel any more than he already did.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Another fantastic issue that's, if anything, even more fun than the first. Gold Beetle is a super fun character (never mind Booster and Blue Beetle, she's like a female Bart Allen) and her interactions with Wally were tons of, well, fun. I think you're starting to see a theme here. Time travel shenanigans, killer characterization and I really like the idea that it looks like Wally will rediscover why he wants to be the Flash even as he bounces through time for the latest Speed Force McGuffin.

One question, though: spoilers:
    Why did Wally need a doohikee to steal the Speed Force from the Dominator, that's been one of his powers for years?
    end of spoilers
    Wally doesn't steal "speed force" (the energy), what Wally can steal is actual speed. Like, there's a car beside him at 100km/h, he can steal 50 of those, go 50km/h faster while the car goes the same 50 slower.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mighty Member

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

The Flash #768 is only on the #79.

As a Wally fans, we are completely disgrace ourselves for letting our beloved runs fall into the deep holes. SHAME!! SHAME!!

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

This storyline is low key hilarious.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Wow. So much great news coming from July solicits. I know this is supposed to be a JL revival and get fans of the show excited but all Im thinking is "Yay. More Wally!!!".

I am a fan of the show though so I am happy about this is general. That is also a pretty sweet cover. This is probably a mini series.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    https://www.comichron.com/monthlycom...1/2021-03.html

The Flash #768 is only on the #79.

As a Wally fans, we are completely disgrace ourselves for letting our beloved runs fall into the deep holes. SHAME!! SHAME!!
    I hope it gets higher with some good word of mouth. But, yes, that's disappoiting... :/

Also I'm floored that Superman can't even crack the top 50. It's abysmal. :/

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    I hope it gets higher with some good word of mouth. But, yes, that's disappoiting... :/

Also I'm floored that Superman can't even crack the top 50. It's abysmal. :/
    It sold very well on Comixology, from what I remember. (I've been buying comics digitally.) Comichron shouldn't be the only measure of a book's sales success.