Page 42 of 120 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Because Barry is messing with the timeline in the JSA movie?

Because Iris' voice actress is black, which makes it reasonable to assume the character will be black as well. If so, then it makes sense to go with Wallace as Kid Flash. But if it's still Wally, it could likely be inspired by the Arrowverse version as well and make him her brother.
    Last edited by Johnny; 04-24-2021 at 09:58 AM.

Astonishing Member

Wallace was the death of Wally in external media. Don't expect him in anything that isn't based on the YJ and JL cartoons.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why back to Central City and not Keystone though.
    That caught my eye too, but considering that he's the Fastest Man Alive and Central and Keystone are just a bridge across from each other, it probably doesn't matter.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

I am hoping Jay Garrick is guarding Keystone but that’s probably wishful thanking.....
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Variant cover for july
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Why back to Central City and not Keystone though.
    The Rogues are there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wallace was the death of Wally in external media. Don't expect him in anything that isn't based on the YJ and JL cartoons.
    I don't think Wallace is that prevalent, but I guess it depends how hard they stick with black Iris.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Definitely. I’m totally get we need more representation but when they change the ethnicity of an established character, it never fails to disappoint me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Wallace is that prevalent, but I guess it depends how hard they stick with black Iris.
    Given that's the direction they've gone with in the show, movies, and now the animated films, I think DC would be hard pressed to walk back on Iris without facing significant backlash despite her still being white in the main comics. If that's the case, Wallace is prevalent because he perfectly fits what they would want as a result.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rend20 View Post
    Given that's the direction they've gone with in the show, movies, and now the animated films, I think DC would be hard pressed to walk back on Iris without facing significant backlash despite her still being white in the main comics. If that's the case, Wallace is prevalent because he perfectly fits what they would want as a result.
    They made Iris black because they wanted the character to resemble the actress. The same thing happened with Invincible. The showrunner stated that he wanted the characters on the show to resemble their voice actors. Besides, the only media where Iris is black is the Arrowverse, the DCEU and this movie. Plus we don't even know if Justice Society: World War 2, Superman: Man of Tommorow and Batman : Long Halloween Part 1 and 2 are even in the same universe. On Wikipedia Superman: Man of Tomorrow is listed as a stand-alone movie. I suspect that Batman the Long Halloween and Justice Society: World War 2 will be stand-alone movies as well. As for the backlash, that will probably be only on Twitter because most DC fans are outside the USA and they don't use Twitter. Plus international DC fans want Iris to be ginger. Racebending characters is viewed negatively outside the USA.

Astonishing Member

Listing a bunch of recent things and shows a trend. I mean they have a choice in the animated features and they're choosing to follow the live action versions. Black Iris means any future external media "wally" appearances will likely be based around Wallace who suits it.

Which is a shame because if they stuck with Wally they wouldn't have to do any race bending shenanigans. His wife and kids actually ARE minorities, go figure. Walk back to Barry only to have to spin everything around and futz with it because Barry's tenure is outdated.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Maybe Wally could try to reform Heatwave? His Arrowverse counterpart is a hero now, after all.

I wonder who the old friend is that offers him work? Maybe it's Jesse? I would imagine since her return she probably re-established her company, if the changes caused by Death Metal's ending didn't restore it anyway.
    I have to admit, my first thought was Chunk, but I like the idea of Wally working for Jesse.
    Is it too much to ask for Morillo & Chyre to return? (Chyre WAS making moves on Iris for a while there and is Plunder now back too?)
    Maybe Wally gets his old garage job back?
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

I could do with distancing Wally from the garage stuff. That was the worst part of Johns' run.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I could do with distancing Wally from the garage stuff. That was the worst part of Johns' run.
    It was outta left field, (and thankfully dropped pretty quick) but it would give him work and open up the possibility of the cop characters returning as well.
    If the Wally return is serious, we need to have some supporting characters making appearances again and once the current 'Quantum Leap' story is wrapped up the opportunity presents itself.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Wally has an absurd number of available supporting characters, many of which came back with him. Not hard to work them in.