Page 49 of 120 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

"Sigh" Here we go again.

So we have a maybe Wally/maybe Barry appearance today from JL last ride. The Flash has Barrys New 52 suit but Wallys red hair. Which should lean towards Wally more but they've given Barry red hair before by mistake.

On one hand Im happy at any potential Wally appearance, especially a surprise one. On the other this ambiguity is annoying. They even call everyone else by their names. Clark, Bruce, Diana. But only refer to our man in question as Flash. Seems like it might even be done on purpose.

09.jpg

The comic itself is pretty good and worth checking out.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Damn ! I was looking for answers and I thought some of you guys might’ve know which Flash was in Last Ride but I guess we’ll have to wait. Maybe Zdarsky will clarify if we ask him on Twitter?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    "Sigh" Here we go again.

So we have a maybe Wally/maybe Barry appearance today from JL last ride. The Flash has Barrys New 52 suit but Wallys red hair. Which should lean towards Wally more but they've given Barry red hair before by mistake.

On one hand Im happy at any potential Wally appearance, especially a surprise one. On the other this ambiguity is annoying. They even call everyone else by their names. Clark, Bruce, Diana. But only refer to our man in question as Flash. Seems like it might even be done on purpose.

09.jpg

That doesn't really look red to me. It's probably a classic "It's Barry but acts more like some version of Wally" situation.

Yeah, I've seen newer fans look at Wally in JLU, Teen Titans and YJ and wonder why Wally is acting like Barry. ::facepalm:: DC has really effed the whole thing up.

"Sigh" Here we go again.

09.jpg

How can it be so hard to get the hair right?

All-New Member

Chip confirmed it is Wally.

Astonishing Member

Cool. It makes sense as a sort of alternate future thing. This is I think the first alternate future story that actually has Wally as The Flash again instead of just older Barry since Barry returned.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wallywest View Post
    Chip confirmed it is Wally.
    Really?? That's awesome. Do you have a link or screenshot of it?
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Extraordinary Member

Did everyone see the pin up with Jai and Irie in the Asian Special?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Did everyone see the pin up with Jai and Irie in the Asian Special?
    Gurihiru.jpg

This one? It's their only appearance in it. Better than nothing I suppose.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Gurihiru.jpg

They look adorable there. The twins can do a lot worse than getting a spotlight in a pin up by Gurihiru.

Spectacular Member

I've brought this up before, but I'm curious what are other people's takes. A lot of the times these comic books published by DC and Marvel are made with an eye towards potential future adaptations. It's not always the case, yet it is still prevalent. Heck, it could be argued that Barry returning back in 2008 was done with the intention of having future adaptations be a focus on Barry rather than Wally (which is what ended up happening).

Anyway, the point I'm bringing is that could Wally returning as the main Flash in the comics again being set up for future adaptations? Obvious at the moment for the movies and several of the animated features, it isn't the case. However, is it possible that DC correlating the idea of presenting two different kinds of Flashes in future adaptations? For my two cents, I honestly don't think DC would have allowed Wally to be the main Flash again if there weren't at least some conversations among the higher-ups of what that could mean for future adaptations in TV and possibly film. Though I hate painting Dan Didio as a singular bogeyman for all of DC's troubles in the last 20 years, I have to imagine him no longer being with the company made Wally being the main Flash so much easier.

While the live-action films and Arrowverse have set sail on a comics accurate Wally West, with the multiverse being a thing, anything is really possible. On that note, I do believe we're most likely going to get Wally in animated stuff. Like I wouldn't be surprised if future animated movies will star a comics-accurate Wally, or a return of the classic DCAU is also possible (and I'm going, to be honest, very likely in my opinion). I don't know, I just simply don't think DC would make Wally the Flash again unless it served a great purpose. Then again, The Flash could be underselling and needed something to boost its sales number, though that's a more pessimistic viewpoint I would want to believe isn't the truth.

Astonishing Member

I doubt it. Once they stated Barry as the movie Flash and the TV show Flash that cemented it for decades to come. These adaptations don't really care, at the end of the day. The name's pretty irrelevant besides just being the same technical IP. Adaptation media doesn't care to do a second generational story, they'd just rather stick with the same character.
    Last edited by Dred; 05-12-2021 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Gurihiru.jpg

I love me some Gurihiru DC art .

They should do a Flash book...

Spectacular Member

Really?? That's awesome. Do you have a link or screenshot of it?
    https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1...085239809?s=19