Page 56 of 120 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well that’s surely one hell of a last page reference in today’s issue, not what I was expecting but I’ll take it.

I mean seriously who would have expected spoilers:
    Wally to inhabit the body of Thawne in what looks like an in-continuity Super Friends version of the Legion of Doom
    end of spoilers
    This book is bonkers and i love it!
    I really hope they keep that style of the last page for the next issue.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Well that’s surely one hell of a last page reference in today’s issue, not what I was expecting but I’ll take it.

Wally to inhabit the body of Thawne in what looks like an in-continuity Super Friends version of the Legion of Doom
    end of spoilers
    Between that and the references this issue made to James Robertson's Golden Age, I guess all continuity does matter

I'm having a really good time with this book. It's nice actually seeing all these branches of the Flash family and their places in the larger DC timeline back in continuity and on display here. I really missed the idea of every era having it's own Flash during New 52 and most of Rebirth.

I'm eager to get on to Wally and his family and pick up where we left off with that, and part of me is very pessimistic that this will last about as long as Bart's run on the Flash, but right now I'm having a lot of fun on the journey.

Personally I think Jeremy Adams has managed to maintain his promise that this will be more of a fun book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

end of spoilers
    ...This has got to be a reference to the Great Brain Robbery JLU episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Goddamn it why does Barry vs Wally Drama have to infect this thread every so often. I like both of them, I want both of them to be in things, and yes adaptations of ether are gonna take stuff from the other because that's how adaptations tend to work. All of this drama has been reguritated like a million goddamn times, just why. What's the point.
    Agreed.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Flash #770 was so good. It's one of the issues where you get the idea, as Adams said before, that you can write any kind of stories with the Flash. That last page alone put a big smile upon my face!The last page alone put a big smile upon my face. Jeremy Adams does get the character!

Ugh I wish I brought my Ipad to work so I can read this on lunch! Can't wait to get home and dig into this issue. It is so nice to have a Wally West Flash book to look forward to again. Good times.

Goddamn it why does Barry vs Wally Drama have to infect this thread every so often. I like both of them, I want both of them to be in things, and yes adaptations of ether are gonna take stuff from the other because that's how adaptations tend to work. All of this drama has been reguritated like a million goddamn times, just why. What's the point.
    I dunno...this thread seems like a pretty respectful exchange of ideas and opinions. Not like some of the crazy Barry verse Wally/Hal verse Kyle wars from years ago.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

end of spoilers
    My favorite moment in the latest issue was spoilers:
    Wally/Jay punching Hitler.
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    ...This has got to be a reference to the Great Brain Robbery JLU episode.

Agreed.
    I would not be surprised if next issue had a "YOU GONNA WASH YOUR HANDS?" moment.

I would not be surprised if next issue had a "YOU GONNA WASH YOUR HANDS?" moment.
    Even funnier if Lex is the one who says it .

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Another excellent and super fun issue. Was this the first time we've had a "My name is Wally West and I'm the fastest man alive"? The only thing missing in this book is Wally narration. Regardless, Adams is living up to his promise in a big way. And ooh boy that next issue is going to rock!

My only question is has Jay been portrayed as particularly Christian before? Don't recall any references to his faith in the past.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Another excellent and super fun issue. Was this the first time we've had a "My name is Wally West and I'm the fastest man alive"? The only thing missing in this book is Wally narration. Regardless, Adams is living up to his promise in a big way. And ooh boy that next issue is going to rock!

My only question is has Jay been portrayed as particularly Christian before? Don't recall any references to his faith in the past.
    Can’t recall but honestly it doesn’t feel too out of character for Jay, he’s always had that sense of being a morally responsible old man during Johns JSA run. I remember when he was off fighting crime and he would stop to just tell Jakeem not to swear so if he was Christian I would not be too surprised.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Can’t recall but honestly it doesn’t feel too out of character for Jay, he’s always had that sense of being a morally responsible old man during Johns JSA run. I remember when he was off fighting crime and he would stop to just tell Jakeem not to swear so if he was Christian I would not be too surprised.
    Oh yeah, I thought it was a nice touch. Was just wondering if this has been addressed before.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

This was the first issue of the Flash that I loved since Williamson left. Loved that cliffhanger, can’t wait to see the follow up to that next issue. I feel a lot more happy about Wally’s future than I have for a long time.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/