Page 58 of 120 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post
    Josh Williamson did a Word Balloon that was posted on another thread. Pretty fun interview. Love his passion.

They spoke about Wally for a bit. Not anything new though. Mostly why people love the character. He did mention he wants both Barry and Wally in there so they might alternate or just guest star with each other.

He did mention that it is Wally in JL last ride. And about the mix up in JL. He said its Barry because Barry isnt leaving until New Frontier starts in June. Maybe after that it will be Wally in JL.
    Man, we aren't even one full arc in, Barry has been in every issue so far and we ALREADY have to talk about Wally sharing the book or alternating out? Maybe I have to listen to the interview for context but that really annoys me. We can't even enjoy a Wally led Flash book for three issues without talk of Wally getting taken out of the lead again...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper View Post
    Man, we aren't even one full arc in, Barry has been in every issue so far and we ALREADY have to talk about Wally sharing the book or alternating out? Maybe I have to listen to the interview for context but that really annoys me. We can't even enjoy a Wally led Flash book for three issues without talk of Wally getting taken out of the lead again...
    Williamson is talking about his own book, not The Flash solo.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Honestly, I don't mind. Remember 09, when all those false promises about Wally were made and then Damn Didio spent the next 10 years trying really hard to reduce the Wally fandom to a punchline of a tired joke? Will, Barry has fans and I don't want that to happen to them (Okay, I'm not that good a person and I want that to happen to SOME of them, but not most).

There's space for both characters, and I for one would like to see the Flash fandom become peaceful once again.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind. Remember 09, when all those false promises about Wally were made and then Damn Didio spent the next 10 years trying really hard to reduce the Wally fandom to a punchline of a tired joke? Will, Barry has fans and I don't want that to happen to them (Okay, I'm not that good a person and I want that to happen to SOME of them, but not most).

There's space for both characters, and I for one would like to see the Flash fandom become peaceful once again.
    I would hardly call Barry's current situation even close to what happened to Wally in 09. Barry has already had more page time during Wally's return than Wally did in over 5 years after Flash Rebirth ended. He's been in every issue and is playing a major part in the upcoming event where I assume he won't be murdering half of his peers.

Don't get me wrong, I like having Barry around and I want Barry fans to have plenty of places to enjoy their character as well but anyone who is acting like Barry is being shafted or treated the way Wally was is being unfair and I'd doubt how much they really want things to be fair for everyone anyway.

This has been a great start to what I hope is an actual run. Not an arc or two. A full run. We deserve to be able to enjoy this for longer than a five minute period to placate us. It sounds like Adams has long reaching plans for Wally and I hope DC keeps both of them around long enough to actually see it through.
    Last edited by The_Sneezing_Stormtrooper; 05-25-2021 at 10:52 PM.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I would hardly call Barry's current situation even close to what happened to Wally in 09. Barry has already had more page time during Wally's return than Wally did in over 5 years after Flash Rebirth ended. He's been in every issue and is playing a major part in the upcoming event where I assume he won't be murdering half of his peers.

Don't get me wrong, I like having Barry around and I want Barry fans to have plenty of places to enjoy their character as well but anyone who is acting like Barry is being shafted or treated the way Wally was is being unfair and I'd doubt how much they really want things to be fair for everyone anyway.

This has been a great start to what I hope is an actual run. Not an arc or two. A full run. We deserve to be able to enjoy this for longer than a five minute period to placate us. It sounds like Adams has long reaching plans for Wally and I hope DC keeps both of them around long enough to actually see it through.
    Don't disagree. All I'm saying is: let them reassure Barry fans for real, instead of pulling the bait and switch they did with Wally's.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Mr Terrific's sticking around.

The Flash #773
    story by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by WILL CONRAD
    cover by BRANDON PETERSON
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant by JORGE CORONA
    US $4.99
    Suicide Squad Movie card stock variant by ALAN QUAH
    US $4.99
    On the loose and bent on destruction, Heatwave’s return couldn’t come at a worse time for Wally West. Now that the onetime Kid Flash has retaken the mantle of the Fastest Man Alive, he’s also taken a new job at Mr. Terrific’s Holt Industries. But all of that gets put on the back burner, when the Flash must outrace the flames of one of his greatest foes and figure out why the once-reformed rogue has gone bad again.

Dammit, why can't Mick be like his Arrowverse counterpart?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I really like Mister Terrific so I’m all for this, plus having a superhero boss means he couldn’t possibly yell at Wally for being late or being gone at work for superheroing
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

The Flash #773
    story by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by WILL CONRAD
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    US $4.99
    US $4.99
    On the loose and bent on destruction, Heatwave’s return couldn’t come at a worse time for Wally West. Now that the onetime Kid Flash has retaken the mantle of the Fastest Man Alive, he’s also taken a new job at Mr. Terrific’s Holt Industries. But all of that gets put on the back burner, when the Flash must outrace the flames of one of his greatest foes and figure out why the once-reformed rogue has gone bad again.

What's with the constant "one time Kid Flash" in every solicitation? He was Kid Flash a lifetime ago. He's been Flash longer than he was KF.

Besides that it looks and sounds great! Can't wait for more Jeremy Adams Flash!

I love Wally's relationship with other heroes so I'm all for the new job.

However that cover is awful. They are really not giving their best talent to this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    What's with the constant "one time Kid Flash" in every solicitation? He was Kid Flash a lifetime ago. He's been Flash longer than he was KF.

Besides that it looks and sounds great! Can't wait for more Jeremy Adams Flash!
    It's his new codename! Once-Kid-Flash-Now-Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I love Wally's relationship with other heroes so I'm all for the new job.

However that cover is awful. They are really not giving their best talent to this book.
    Disagree on the cover. I think it's very well rendered.

Working for Mr. Terrific sounds interesting.

Also nice to see Heat Wave getting his own time in the spotlight .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I really like Mister Terrific so I’m all for this, plus having a superhero boss means he couldn’t possibly yell at Wally for being late or being gone at work for superheroing
    Honestly the trio of Barry, Ollie, and Michael is awesome and if that transfers over to Wally even a little it'll be a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

The Flash #773
    story by JEREMY ADAMS
    art by WILL CONRAD
    ON SALE 8/17/21
    US $4.99
    US $4.99

Sounds good to me. I love the Johns run but I didn't think the mechanic thing would have fit Wally long term. He's always had his civilian and hero lives blurred more than most heroes so working for another hero suits him well. I wonder what exactly he'll be doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah, but now I can't help but imagine a "turn in your badge!" scene, lol.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Finally DC seems to be doing something with Irey :

https://screenrant.com/dc-new-flash-...graphic-novel/

I can’t wait. Green Lantern Legacy was really fun.