Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1797

Late to the party but finally got by to pick up my comics and read them. Adams continues to be a breath of fresh air and this book has moved to the top of my to read pile every month. This issue in particular, I can't remember the last time I was laughing so hard from a comic.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Mighty Member

Part of me is hoping the husband of Irey's who Wally doesn't approve of is Damian. Mostly because Wally's reaction to his daughter dating Batman's son would be hilarious to me.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Part of me is hoping the husband of Irey's who Wally doesn't approve of is Damian. Mostly because Wally's reaction to his daughter dating Batman's son would be hilarious to me.
    I’m glad I’m not the only one ! That would be really fun.

Astonishing Member

It could be funny but it's not something that would happen for weird pseudo-political reasons inside the DC offices. And likely not relevant as we're not very likely to get either grown up.

It's not like it hasn't been hinted at before, though. Before Flashpoint killed everything we had that Spencer Young Justice pitch and one of the character interaction bits he had ready and raring was Iris getting grumpy Damian to open up to the group.

Just to make things clear: Is it against the rules to talk about kids in negative light? For some reason mods deleted my previous post.

Not all of us like kids. It concerns me that they ruin the tone of Flash and turn it into a kiddy book. I should be able to express that.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Just to make things clear: Is it against the rules to talk about kids in negative light? For some reason mods deleted my previous post.

Not all of us like kids. It concerns me that they ruin the tone of Flash and turn it into a kiddy book. I should be able to express that.
    It's all about how the writer handles it mate.
    I have no issue with Wally having his family back, or with iris taking up the Impulse name again.
    Flash has always had a sidekick (OK, Barry did) so it's not like it's something outta left field.

By his own admission, Mark Waid didn't do a great job writing about the West family. He took the gig again to try & prevent another writer from 'dropping a safe' on Linda, but didn't have a way in.
    DiDio suggested the Incredibles take and he took a swing at it.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

A little late but I loved last weeks issue. The first part with the Superfriends was so good. Was hilariously written. Great to see that side of Wally again.

The splash pages of Wally in different speedsters bodies was fun. My favorite was the Max Mercury one and the Jesse Quick one was funny.

The final part with Wallys daughter was kinda cheesy but was nice to delve into the emotional aspect of Wally as well. I felt like that was Adams telling us things will be ok for Wally in the future. We got classic Wally here. The fun jokester and the serious emotional one.

That last page made me flich a bit. This is sensitive territory but I trust Adams.

All in all Adams has made The Flash my favorite title again. Still cant believe after New 52 and all of Didios shenanigans we have a good, fun Wally comic as the main Flash. Cant wait for the annual next week.
    Last edited by WallyWestFlash; 06-20-2021 at 05:20 AM.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

People talk about Wally negatively in here plenty so I'm doubt criticism for the kids is banned.

If Nightwing can have a hell of a time with Damian, Wally can have a hell of a time with his kids. It's more about execution than idea. And, frankly, getting rid of the kids means undoing the thing that makes Wally the best: ongoing character growth and change. No one was complaining when Bart was in The Flash and he's was more immature and kiddy than Iris and Jai from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    People talk about Wally negatively in here plenty so I'm doubt criticism for the kids is banned.

If Nightwing can have a hell of a time with Damian, Wally can have a hell of a time with his kids. It's more about execution than idea. And, frankly, getting rid of the kids means undoing the thing that makes Wally the best: ongoing character growth and change. No one was complaining when Bart was in The Flash and he's was more immature and kiddy than Iris and Jai from the outset.
    I wasn't reading The Flash when the kids were introduced, much less aged up, but I'd venture a guess the main reason for fan resistance at the time to the kids was the same reason so often brought up by fans and creators for why they hate or hated, say, various heroes getting married, or having kids, like Superman, Spider-Man, Jack Knight, and more. Or why they hated Hal Jordan showing white hair at the temples under Gerard Jones' pen, or even when Roy Thomas did a reveal that Alan Scott was wearing a small toupee to cover a bald spot on his head. They just don't like any sign that suggests that [insert character here] is getting older.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    I wasn't reading The Flash when the kids were introduced, much less aged up, but I'd venture a guess the main reason for fan resistance at the time to the kids was the same reason so often brought up by fans and creators for why they hate or hated, say, various heroes getting married, or having kids, like Superman, Spider-Man, Jack Knight, and more. Or why they hated Hal Jordan showing white hair at the temples under Gerard Jones' pen, or even when Roy Thomas did a reveal that Alan Scott was wearing a small toupee to cover a bald spot on his head. They just don't like any sign that suggests that [insert character here] is getting older.
    I never took it as that. Wally has been about change for years and this seemed a natural progression for the characters. I think it more likely the vitriol comes from how they were written by Waid after they were aged up. (Stupid idea by the way. Why do all kids need to be aged up?)
    By his own admission, he didn't hand in his best work and the book was cancelled soon after to make way for Barry's return. (Which was a godsend as the title was REALLY suffering by this time.) Throw in issues with artists pulling out last minute and editorial shenanigans it was a low point in Flash history.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Does anyone have that old Flash fan trailer from years ago (way before the latest Flash tv show)? It was rumored to be a leaked Comic-Con trailer.

It had a woman tied up on the roof, and a man with a gun I believe. Then a blur flashes by and saves the day and we hear the lines "<y name is Wally West ...and I'm the fastest man alive."

anyone remember that/know what I'm talking about. I've been looking for that video
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Does anyone have that old Flash fan trailer from years ago (way before the latest Flash tv show)? It was rumored to be a leaked Comic-Con trailer.

It had a woman tied up on the roof, and a man with a gun I believe. Then a blur flashes by and saves the day and we hear the lines "<y name is Wally West ...and I'm the fastest man alive."

anyone remember that/know what I'm talking about. I've been looking for that video
    Hmm...first I've heard of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I never took it as that. Wally has been about change for years and this seemed a natural progression for the characters. I think it more likely the vitriol comes from how they were written by Waid after they were aged up. (Stupid idea by the way. Why do all kids need to be aged up?)
    By his own admission, he didn't hand in his best work and the book was cancelled soon after to make way for Barry's return. (Which was a godsend as the title was REALLY suffering by this time.) Throw in issues with artists pulling out last minute and editorial shenanigans it was a low point in Flash history.
    Eh, I always thought Wild Wests was fine. Waid said the biggest problem was that the artist (Acuna) bailed on them part way through and they had to split up art duties and that screwed up the story and pacing. After that he didn't want to write them anymore when news came down that Barry was coming back so Wally's run was on life support.

Ultimate Member

Fans instinctively dislike kids because we know that, more often than not, they're headed to a blender.

Things have gotten better lately, but it's still a risk

Fantastic Member

They just don't like any sign that suggests that [insert character here] is getting older.
    I think it was more of how they were used rather than them simply existing. If they would have played a main role in an arc here and there, it would have gone over better. But they were basically co-leads throughout from what I remember which people feel took focus away from Wally which is who they were reading the book for.

On another note, it appears the Annual that was supposed to come out next week got delayed for two weeks until July 13th.