Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1797
    Mighty Member

RCO004_1469304291.jpg

After 11 years of tease, the glory days of Flash has returned.

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Oh wow.
    Coming off just seeing the latest Flash comic and.... I love it. Best part was the beginning because I have not been (happily, oh so happily) reminded of the original Justice League International stories and facial expressions in years. It even had a "Bwahaahaa!" in it. I am swimming in tears of joy.

(Feel like partying like its January 2009 and I've just met Wally West in print (Terminal Velocity) for the first time.)

I am making the date of Dan Didio's retiring from DC a person f'ing holiday because if this sort of thing was what that man was holding back due to selfish pettiness...!!!!

*non-Covid Virus cough*

Right.

Can Adams do a side job writing multi-universe flashbacks of Wally in Justice League Europe? Pretty please with a **** ton of cherries and whipped cream on top? Bwahaahaa?

Oh. And somehow revive the Justice Riders Wally West from death. That was the one part of Convergence that made me despise the entire series.
    Last edited by Gaelforce; 06-26-2021 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Let's avoid using loaded language for the virus
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    Oh wow.
    Coming off just seeing the latest Flash comic and.... I love it. Best part was the beginning because I have not been (happily, oh so happily) reminded of the original Justice League International stories and facial expressions in years. It even had a "Bwahaahaa!" in it. I am swimming in tears of joy.

(Feel like partying like its January 2009 and I've just met Wally West in print (Terminal Velocity) for the first time.)

I am making the date of Dan Didio's retiring from DC a person f'ing holiday because if this sort of thing was what that man was holding back due to selfish pettiness...!!!!

*non-Covi Virus cough*

Right.

Can Adams do a side job writing multi-universe flashbacks of Wally in Justice League Europe? Pretty please with a **** ton of cherries and whipped cream on top? Bwahaahaa?

Oh. And somehow revive the Justice Riders Wally West from death. That was the one part of Convergence that made me despise the entire series.
    It looks like Flash fans will no longer have to choose between Barry & Wally and common sense may actually prevail!
    It only took 20 years....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    It looks like Flash fans will no longer have to choose between Barry & Wally and common sense may actually prevail!
    It only took 20 years....
    35 years, actually. Barry fans were deprived of their Flash starting with his death in the first Crisis. But yeah; we're finally back to where we should have been 10 years ago, after Barry returned but before the Flash family concept was jettisoned in favor of the New 52 (which is still out there somewhere in the Omniverse, for those of you who liked it).
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

This is the approach that DC should have taken all along when Barry returned. Hope this is the end of the company's embarrassingly bad treatment of the Flash franchise.

There's a lot of embarrassingly bad treatment of DC's intellectual property that seems to have come to an end in the middle of 2020. Gee, I wonder what happened?
    Rogue wears rouge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    There's a lot of embarrassingly bad treatment of DC's intellectual property that seems to have come to an end in the middle of 2020. Gee, I wonder what happened?
    Coincidence I'm sure....

Finally caught up with this run. All I can say is 'wow!'. This run has so far has been funny, unpredictable, heartwarming and all things a good Flash comic should be.

I'm guessing Wally is the reason why Roy is alive in the present day.

Not according to Infinite Frontier #1, no. There's another explanation.
    Rogue wears rouge.

I haven't read it yet but they explained Roy's revival in that comic?

Essentially, yes. They don't explicitly spell it out for you; but they make very obvious in general terms the gist of what happened.
    Rogue wears rouge.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Coincidence I'm sure....
    I'm just glad it's over.

Guess Waid was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Essentially, yes. They don't explicitly spell it out for you; but they make very obvious in general terms the gist of what happened.
    It's only obvious if you know Green Lantern lore. spoilers:
    Only the deceased can become a Black Lantern.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

spoilers:
    If by “knowing Green Lantern lore” you mean “are familiar with the company-wide crossover event Blackest Night” — which, yes, was based on Green Lantern — or “have read Death Metal”, where one of the plot points was that Batman died but continued on as a Black Lantern, then yes.
    end of spoilers
    Rogue wears rouge.

I can't bring myself to read Metal or Death Metal.
    And I don't feel like I've missed out on much.