Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1797
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

So can we talk spoilers yet? Like about the villain?

That was my favorite part. One of my favorite Flash characters. My jaw literally dropped when I saw it. Was not expecting that. Best moment for me. And it fits in well with the whole HIC recon as well.

My only complaint would be that as great as it was to see him he was more of a plot point than an actual character. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time weve seen him since his debut and each time he was little more than a plot device. Id like to see an actual story with him over an arc and delving into the character more.

Who knows, maybe itll happen with Adams writing now.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

That was my favorite part. One of my favorite Flash characters. My jaw literally dropped when I saw it. Was not expecting that. Best moment for me. And it fits in well with the whole HIC recon as well.

My only complaint would be that as great as it was to see him he was more of a plot point than an actual character. This is like the 2nd or 3rd time weve seen him since his debut and each time he was little more than a plot device. Id like to see an actual story with him over an arc and delving into the character more.

I would love to see him fleshed out more. Hopefully Adams will get to that. Maybe he will be the main villain of Adams run and he will give some depth to his feud with Wally West. I sure hope so. Its so nice to be excited about The Flash again.

Quote Originally Posted by WallyWestFlash View Post

I think we can start talking spoilers now.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

RCO039_1626191724.jpg

Dont leave before the miracle happens. Thank you Jeremy Adams.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Mighty Member

Seeing the sales chart make me more frustrated because the Flash sales is very bad and not strong sellers. We need to figure out a new strategies where we can encourage more people to buy the Flash issues.
    Even Tom's Nightwing run has manage to outsell Superman and Wonder Woman run.

I’m expecting/hoping that they relaunch the book at some point, because yeah the sales numbers so far are disappointing. I get people being wary with regards to DC, but if you don’t show up for Wally, don’t be surprised if eventually he gets benched again for Barry.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m expecting/hoping that they relaunch the book at some point, because yeah the sales numbers so far are disappointing. I get people being wary with regards to DC, but if you don’t show up for Wally, don’t be surprised if eventually he gets benched again for Barry.
    Agreed 1000%. Sales trumps everything, particularly these days. If you know of any lapsed Wally fans, start recommending this book to them. Buy them a copy of the first issue if you've got to. Otherwise, the message will invariably be that Wally doesn't have the fanbase to support the main Flash book.

Excellent issue. I was thinking of typing that it took them a lot less time to fix Wally than it did to fix Hal, but realistically Wally has been dumped on since 2011 and he didn't truly get fixed until 2021, which kind of makes it about the same amount of time Hal fans had to suffer for as well. Welcome back Wally. Give 'em hell.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Seeing the sales chart make me more frustrated because the Flash sales is very bad and not strong sellers. We need to figure out a new strategies where we can encourage more people to buy the Flash issues.
    Even Tom's Nightwing run has manage to outsell Superman and Wonder Woman run.
    DiDio managed to destroy Wally's fanbase across 10 years. That plus the TV series estabilished Barry as the one true Flash in the eyes of many fans who didn't know anything about Wally. Does anyone know if it's selling worse than Williamson's run? This is heartbreaking to know. We NEED this run.

Wally was in the DCAU. I wouldn't say he's someone people know nothing about.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Wally was in the DCAU. I wouldn't say he's someone people know nothing about.
    Certainly not as much as the Flash TV show. When I ask my casual friends who The Flash is, they all say Barry Allen.

I just saw the sales numbers of the Williamson run btw, and The Flash always sells around the same, in the top 50-70. In December 2019, the sales of the Flash Forward miniseries actually surpassed those of the Flash ongoing, so people were buying more Wally than Barry. Sales may not be actually make all that much difference in this case. But still, we Wally fans need to stick together and make more people know that this is good. I want Wally like this for many years to come.
    Last edited by Maxi; 07-16-2021 at 05:09 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    DiDio managed to destroy Wally's fanbase across 10 years. That plus the TV series estabilished Barry as the one true Flash in the eyes of many fans who didn't know anything about Wally. Does anyone know if it's selling worse than Williamson's run? This is heartbreaking to know. We NEED this run.
    Since DC broke from diamond there isn't a reliable metric of sales data to compare anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Agreed 1000%. Sales trumps everything, particularly these days. If you know of any lapsed Wally fans, start recommending this book to them. Buy them a copy of the first issue if you've got to. Otherwise, the message will invariably be that Wally doesn't have the fanbase to support the main Flash book.
    Which is crazy but yeah...this series should have gotten a new #1.

I have been recommending this book to everyone who will listen. And I know I got two new/lapsed readers to pick it up.

THE FLASH #775
    Writer: JEREMY ADAMS
    Artist: FERNANDO PASARIN
    Cover: BRANDON PETERSON
    Variant Cover: JORGE CORONA
    $4.99 US | 48 PGS | $5.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 10/19/21
    Hunt for the glaive!
    When a mysterious glaive crash-lands in the middle of Central City, the Flash must race against time to stop its ill effects, all while keeping an army of super-villains from obtaining this unknown and sinister cosmic prize.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.