Page 76 of 120 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1797
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Since DC broke from diamond there isn't a reliable metric of sales data to compare anymore.
    Honestly, the comichron estimates seem to be reliable enough. It seems close to real numbers (in the few cases where we have real numbers).

In itself, Wally Flash numbers aren't so surprising after all the years that the character was mistreated (and the bad situation of comic sales in general).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    Honestly, the comichron estimates seem to be reliable enough. It seems close to real numbers (in the few cases where we have real numbers).

In itself, Wally Flash numbers aren't so surprising after all the years that the character was mistreated (and the bad situation of comic sales in general).
    Can't be worse than the Williamson run, right? Flash was never a particularly big seller.

It would be a shame for them to put Wally on the shelf again after he went through so much and made such a strong return.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    Can't be worse than the Williamson run, right? Flash was never a particularly big seller.

It would be a shame for them to put Wally on the shelf again after he went through so much and made such a strong return.
    Flash actually sold fairly highly during the Williamson run if I'm remembering correctly actually. Like only behind Batman in terms of ongoings
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Flash actually sold fairly highly during the Williamson run if I'm remembering correctly actually. Like only behind Batman in terms of ongoings
    In 2019/2020 it was fairly low in the top. Like in the 50th-60th spot, even surpassed by Flash Forward at some point.

But yeah, this needed a new #1.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    It sold well for the first two years or so, but the sales fell significantly after that.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

It looks like people don't like to buy books with legacy numbers. I don't know why. Does Marvel have any books with such large numbers? I know they keep restarting the number for X-Men and it seems to work out.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    It looks like people don't like to buy books with legacy numbers. I don't know why. Does Marvel have any books with such large numbers? I know they keep restarting the number for X-Men and it seems to work out.
    They typically have the issue of the current run and legacy numbering below. For example Amazing Spider-Man is on issue 75 with legacy 800 something below. I don’t really care if it’s a book with a character I care for, I’m buying it.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Maybe the numbers are intimidating? Honestly Wally taking over the title is one of those situations where I’m perfectly fine with a new #1. When a new character takes over the book, that’s the perfect excuse for a relaunch.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Spectacular Member

I mean.. from what I can see Flash is selling about the same it usually sells, yeah early on Williamsons run sold higher than average partially cause of all the Rebirth hype and partially maybe because of the TV show hype but in recent years it's settled to selling around where it is now.. similar numbers to Superman and above Wonder Woman.

The one thing that really changed is Nightwing surging up as much as it has.

Now if your arguing it'd of sold more with a new #1.. yeah obviously. There's a reason Marvel does that ALLLL the time even when it's not at all warranted. It's proven to work. but DC has seemed reluctant to play that game in the last few years.
    Last edited by Mojo; 07-16-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Wow... spoilers:
    so they're killing Mick off? I thought they might heel face turn him to match his Arrowverse counterpart.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Even when Mark Waid was firing on all cylinders, Flash only sold in the low to mid 30K.
    I really hope DC give Adams at least 12 months. He has only JUST started, and he had a few pieces of furniture which still required moving before he could REALLY move in.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

I don't think sales are bad, I would say it's within expectations for DC. They didn't relaunch. Or like Nightwing they didn't attach a big name, didn't do PR campaign....Pretty sure when you don't do none of those, it can only sell so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Not to defend Didio, the man clearly was the entire reason Wally was in such a dirge for 15 years, but Speed Metal definitely was done by the time Didio got the can.
    Was it? I know they got it out the door very shortly after Didio was shown the door; but it wouldn't surprise me if it had an abnormally short turnaround time. Comics writers can't do that on a sustainable basis; but I could see Wally's supporters at DC burning the midnight oil to make it happen for a one-shot. Part of why I think this is that it has that whole "I'm going to have to go back to the blue suit look for now, aren't I?" This feels to me like this was written late enough in the process that Wally's appearance in the final issues of the main title were already locked in.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Speed Metal was undoubtedly in production while Didio was in charge, yes.

However, it, plus the fact that we get a Mark Waid story in Death Metal, may indicate that he was not calling the shots as much as he used to.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!