Page 86 of 120 FirstFirst ... 367682838485868788899096 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I have only watched bits & pieces of season 7.
    Season 6 was remarkably average, but I did cut some slack as it was COVID affected.
    I think the plug needs to be pulled and give Jay a series to replace it.
    I'd be STOKED with a JWS fronted mini series ala Disney+ Marvel shows.
    I thought season 6 was solid, but season 7 was definitely uneven.

Jay is going to be in Stargirl, for what that's worth.

Season 6 was remarkably average, but I did cut some slack as it was COVID affected.
    The first season of the show was incredible. I loved it. Best superhero TV I had ever seen up to that point...

Season 2 was good, 3 terrible and I dropped out in 4. I try and check back in once in a while but I find I can't even finish an episode. it is just so bad. Last time I checked in I saw that the speed force took the image of Barrys mom. Every scene with speed force Nora made me want to jump out a window. It is a shame because the show was really something special there for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    The first season of the show was incredible. I loved it. Best superhero TV I had ever seen up to that point...

Season 2 was good, 3 terrible and I dropped out in 4. I try and check back in once in a while but I find I can't even finish an episode. it is just so bad. Last time I checked in I saw that the speed force took the image of Barrys mom. Every scene with speed force Nora made me want to jump out a window. It is a shame because the show was really something special there for a bit.
    But this is the what happens with CW shows, they start solid and go on for too long. Supernatural, Arrow, Flash, Smallville, etc. They all overstay their welcome to a point that is unwatchable.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    But this is the what happens with CW shows, they start solid and go on for too long. Supernatural, Arrow, Flash, Smallville, etc. They all overstay their welcome to a point that is unwatchable.
    Agreed. I just wish we had more than two good seasons.

And god Smallville got meh but Flash is terrible...Iris is the most annoying character, too much with the speed force all the time and just too silly.

One thing I dislike about Williamsons run and the show is everyone and their mother knows about the speed force, studies it, comes and goes in and out of it, talks about it ...when Waid used it (and even Johns first run) it was saved for bigger events within the book. Wasn't used and talked about all the time. I think the speed force should be a little more mysterious. Used every so often.

What did you dislike about season 3? Flashpoint or their take on Savitar?
    Agreed. I just wish we had more than two good seasons.

And god Smallville got meh but Flash is terrible...Iris is the most annoying character, too much with the speed force all the time and just too silly.

One thing I dislike about Williamsons run and the show is everyone and their mother knows about the speed force, studies it, comes and goes in and out of it, talks about it ...when Waid used it (and even Johns first run) it was saved for bigger events within the book. Wasn't used and talked about all the time. I think the speed force should be a little more mysterious. Used every so often.
    I've never really gotten that sense if only because it seems like people in The Flash's close circle are the ones who discuss it. Well, that or Gorilla City in Williamson's case.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Getting off topic, but I agree the show is WAAAAAAAY too Speed Force-centric.
    Hell, 7 seasons and still not a SINGLE Rogues storyline!
    We've seen Trickster, Heat Wave, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Grodd, Blaquesmith and more but they've never teamed up.
    Seems like a big missed opportunity to me.
    Maybe it's be the final season blowout?

I also agree with Hol, I prefer my Speed Force as a mysterious semi-sentient power source/nirvana for all speedsters. Not somewhere anyone can just pop in for tea on the way home from work.
    The way it's currently portrayed makes Max Mercury look like an idiot.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Except for the people who first time watch the Justice League tv show reveals this version of the Flash is still BARRY ALLEN but have RED HAIR instead.
    Why did you just make this up?

Both Hawkgirl and Diana frequently refer to him as Wally.

Getting off topic, but I agree the show is WAAAAAAAY too Speed Force-centric.
    Hell, 7 seasons and still not a SINGLE Rogues storyline!
    We've seen Trickster, Heat Wave, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, Grodd, Blaquesmith and more but they've never teamed up.
    Seems like a big missed opportunity to me.
    Maybe it's be the final season blowout?

I also agree with Hol, I prefer my Speed Force as a mysterious semi-sentient power source/nirvana for all speedsters. Not somewhere anyone can just pop in for tea on the way home from work.
    The way it's currently portrayed makes Max Mercury look like an idiot.
    I think part of it is just an issue with working around actors schedules and the fact that two core Rogues got written off to another show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Why did you just make this up?

Both Hawkgirl and Diana frequently refer to him as Wally.
    Tell that to those people who has watched the Flash or any Justice League movies before they watch the tv animation show. Of course, when you watch Barry Allen as the Flash in other media and then the Justice League tv however is Wally. They all felt dillusioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    My fear with Stargirl because season 1 was soooooo good! I'm looking forward to season 2 but I hope it doesn't turn out like the other shows you mentioned.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

That would be amazing! I am very much looking forward to him appearing in Stargirl and hope we can see more of the JSA.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That would be amazing! I am very much looking forward to him appearing in Stargirl and hope we can see more of the JSA.
    Me too. I think I squeeled like a little school girl when I heard they were using his take on Jay.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    What did you dislike about season 3? Flashpoint or their take on Savitar?

I've never really gotten that sense if only because it seems like people in The Flash's close circle are the ones who discuss it. Well, that or Gorilla City in Williamson's case.
    I actually like the brief Flashpoint story in season 3. I didn't care for the reveal of Savitar and just the idea for the 3rd time in a row there was a mystery speedster villain.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think part of it is just an issue with working around actors schedules and the fact that two core Rogues got written off to another show.
    You are probably right.

I also would have liked a younger Jay Garrick on the show. I feel like it was a missed opportunity there. We always see Jay as an older man. I want to see a Jay more in his prime both in live action AND the comics. One of my dream comics would be a take on Jay Garrick much like Bendis All New X-men. For some reason Jay from the 1940's has to come to current time and have adventures. He stars his own Flash book for a few years before going back. I would love that.

Sorry that was way off topic.

Back to Wally, Last Ride is a good book, today's issue was good, but it bothers me a lot that he is using Barry's costume on this.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.