Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1797

This whole argument is so unfounded and needs to stop.

1. Sales numbers are no longer trustworthy.
    2. The book didn't relaunch and doesn't have a well-known creative team or any PR whatsoever, comparison to Taylor's Nightwing. The comparison doesn't make sense.
    3. "Nobody cares about Wally anymore" where are you getting this from? If nobody cared, the book would have fallen to 20k already. Instead numbers for Barry run & Wally are the same which means new generation of fans are happy with the book.
    4- 34k sales have never been bad in the past 5 years. Some books continued even with 10k sales thanks to positive reception and TPB sales.

You are all being negative just for the sake of it and it's annoying to be honest.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

When the book is selling as well as Superman and Wonder Woman, looking at the '30K' could seem alarming, but I don't think they're going to single out The Flash specifically and say he's the problem.

At least if they're worth their weight in the business department. The discussion should be "how can we raise the tide" as opposed to "how can we raise this ship?"

Enjoy the book. It's doing fine for the moment. Yes, it will eventually get cut short, but Hawkman plugged along for 27 issues at under 20k sales. Wally's fine for right now. I know I'm going to keep pulling the book.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah this does feel like all the best parts of Waid's run.
    Slight variation on opinion, but it feels like what we all expected Waid's second run to be.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post

2. The book didn't relaunch and doesn't have a well-known creative team or any PR whatsoever, comparison to Taylor's Nightwing. The comparison doesn't make sense.
    3. "Nobody cares about Wally anymore" where are you getting this from? If nobody cared, the book would have fallen to 20k already. Instead numbers for Barry run & Wally are the same which means new generation of fans are happy with the book.
    4- 34k sales have never been bad in the past 5 years. Some books continued even with 10k sales thanks to positive reception and TPB sales.

You are all being negative just for the sake of it and it's annoying to be honest.
    This. Let’s rename this thread to the Flash and Wally West sales thread. My God enjoy the damn book. It’s the most fun it’s been in years.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    This. Let’s rename this thread to the Flash and Wally West sales thread. My God enjoy the damn book. It’s the most fun it’s been in years.
    But how can I appreciate a fun book if at some point they'll stop making it? What, am I supposed to appreciate something before it's gone? Preposterous!
    May we never forget:

We need to be patient.

DC has to rebuild their brand from the ground up after years of alienating readers. It's going to take time.

The guy likes to do this type "controversial" statements and he usually doesn't engage in the conversation at all.

The "New 52 wasn't bad cause DC is currently worse and the end is near" is his thread that have 30 pages but he never posted again.

The "Bat fans are greedy" were his too and he did the same thing.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    But how can I appreciate a fun book if at some point they'll stop making it? What, am I supposed to appreciate something before it's gone? Preposterous!
    I can agree about this statement, especially in Marvel's cases. Always the best Marvel runs to get axed while the popular mediocore run get to continue because its sell well.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    I can agree about this statement, especially in Marvel's cases. Always the best Marvel runs to get axed while the popular mediocore run get to continue because its sell well.
    I was being sarcastic and making light of your argument. lol
    May we never forget:

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Guys, you realize that Waid's run took a while to really build up some buzz and, even then, wasn't ever a huge seller, right?

Just enjoy the good times while they last and worry about what happens next later. Editorial is going to do whatever it is going to do. Hopefully, they'll be patient enough to let the positive word of mouth let this run build an audience. If they don't, c'est la lie, but at least we got a fun run out of it. No point in wasting this worrying about what happens next
    This.
    Let's try & focus on how great the book currently is.... and it IS great!
    Flash has never moved BIG numbers, 30K is where it's almost always sat and in today's market, that's pretty damn decent.
    Also considering DC gave the return of Wally ZERO hype prior. I think it's an excellent return.
    Now, let's hope word of mouth starts bringing in a few more lapsed readers.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The guy likes to do this type "controversial" statements and he usually doesn't engage in the conversation at all.

The "New 52 wasn't bad cause DC is currently worse and the end is near" is his thread that have 30 pages but he never posted again.

The "Bat fans are greedy" were his too and he did the same thing.
    Then mods are not doing their jobs. I'm here to rave about a book and character I enjoy, not explain it's success to a literal wall.

I recommend all friends here to not reply his comments and take his baits, just enjoy the ride (which is successful btw). Let's pray mods take a hint and ban the guy.

Mighty Member

Hey, I am sending some warnings. I don't want most of you just drop the ball and see this happen. Of course, everybody should enjoy while it last but then if it's cancel. Don't come over and begged me and I didn't warn you about this.

Hey, I am sending some warnings. I don't want most of you just drop the ball and see this happen. Of course, everybody should enjoy while it last but then if it's cancel. Don't come over and begged me and I didn't warn you about this.
    Nothing lasts forever, dude, and frankly nobody is going to think of you when the run inevitably ends. If I went into every thread and said "buy the book or it gets cancelled," I would eventually be right every time.

All you're doing is being overly negative and bringing down the discussion so you can later point to a previous post and say "I told you so."

So on behalf of everyone here, let me say that the run will one day end, and short of you no longer buying the book, none of your doomsaying will have impacted it's livelihood. Moreover, nobody is going to give you props when it finally ends.

None of us have internal sales metrics which are used to determine which books will continue publications. We have access to the same information you do. The most you can do to spread awareness is post sales data and maybe buy a copy for a friend to show them it's okay to love again.

Everything else is just coming across as theatrics to build your brand as the prophet or the True Fan. Seriously, it's not helping.
    May we never forget:

Mighty Member

Hey, what happen to the fans who want a Wally West solo run since 2018. Well, here we are. A new Flash run which will center on Wally West. But it seem like the Rebirth trending is official over. Just maybe another 3 years or so. But yet Barry's run could last a 100 issues of the run is quite repetitive.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hey, what happen to the fans who want a Wally West solo run since 2018. Well, here we are. A new Flash run which will center on Wally West. But it seem like the Rebirth trending is official over. Just maybe another 3 years or so. But yet Barry's run could last a 100 issues of the run is quite repetitive.
    I don’t know what you’re hoping to accomplish here, man. This board represents a fraction of the actual readership of the comics. You could literally pester everyone on CBR’s DC forum to buy the book and it would barely make a dent in sales.

Besides, the way you’re going about it is annoying the very people who are already reading the book and alienating anyone who might be interested in picking it up.

So, chill…please.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

This. And I get being negative when things are actually crap, but c'mon. Right now we got everything we've been complaining about for, I don't know, 12 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don’t know what you’re hoping to accomplish here, man. This board represents a fraction of the actual readership of the comics. You could literally pester everyone on CBR’s DC forum to buy the book and it would barely make a dent in sales.

Besides, the way you’re going about it is annoying the very people who are already reading the book and alienating anyone who might be interested in picking it up.

So, chill…please.
    Yeah, LAWtoyoto, you should listen to Bored here. Your premise is flawed, your fears are unjustified and there's really no point in entertaining this doom and gloom right now.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!