Page 96 of 120 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wait, what? If Johnny Quick was there before Flashpoint, why wasn't he in the Speedforce alongside his daughter and Max after that? Jesse explained that he was gone outright.
    Because when Barry first entered the speedforce he was poisoned by Thawnes negative speedforce (another yuck) and when Johnny Quick touch Barry he died. Crumbled to dust. Like Savitar did when Barry touched him. Hey now that I think about it maybe that means Johnny will be alive now? Since he died the same way Savitar did. And in Flash Annual 2021 it was revealed Savitar didn't die. He was sent to that speedforce prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's it! It was Johnny Quick who died near the end of Waid's run, right?

Man, my old fanboy brain is failing me...
    I would say he died at the mid way point of Waids run. He died during the Dead Heat story.

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I would say he died at the mid way point of Waids run. He died during the Dead Heat story.
    Yeah, I just read it in the first Impusle trade. Poor Jesse...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That's it! It was Johnny Quick who died near the end of Waid's run, right?

Man, my old fanboy brain is failing me...
    You know, nobody died near the end of Waid's run I mean, Barry died on Chain Lightning but then Wally fixed that; and there was an image of Wally joining the Speed Force along other speedsters, almost like he had died, but cames back just some issues after that.

Incredible Member

Agreed. His art is beautiful but I can't listen (or read) him speak.
    I dare say it's a common phenomenon among current comic book pros regardless of political alignment. They act like high school kids, not like professionals. Him included. I try to stay away from that dumpster fire of a place called twitter and just enjoy what they write or draw.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    I dare say it's a common phenomenon among current comic book pros regardless of political alignment. They act like high school kids, not like professionals. Him included. I try to stay away from that dumpster fire of a place called twitter and just enjoy what they write or draw.
    Agreed. There are a lot of writers and artists that I enjoy their works but have horrible politics and act like pretty nasty human beings more often than not.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Astonishing Member

Yeah Max and Johnny were "hanging around" in the speed force and when Barry willingly went there to sacrifice himself again he met with them. That's when Max explained that Barry was the engine of the speedforce (yuck). Max came back for a hot minute and then was erased after Flashpoint.

And I hear ya. I wasn't a fan of Rebirth myself.
    They weren't really hanging around the whole time, though. They woke up for the same reason Barry woke up: Thawne gave em a good jostle and they resisted.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maxi View Post
    The thing writers and artists were minding their own business when the person that you speak of friends decided to attack folks of certain demographics.

If he left folks alone-he would still be employed at DC.

BANNED

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Wally was really screwed not getting to become The Flash on YJ.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kinda odd that they went that route. He died in a similar way to Barry Allen in crisis. So he could have taken the Flash mantle, given how rarely we get Barry in a YJ story.

Now I understand WHY they did it-they wanted to show that heroing is a dangerous game and they wanted to gut punch the audience emotionally.

But I always wondered why given Wally's death and all the off panel team deaths that happened between season 1 and 2 (Aquagirl and Jason Todd), at what point does either the League or the Team itself pull the plug?

Compared to the YJ version of the Justice League, where Hal, Barry, Diana and Oliver never had thier mishaps, the Team are practically Redshirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why wouldn’t you kill Barry instead? You could still get that shocker of a death and it would’ve given Wally an interesting direction to go in. Oh well I guess what’s done is done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Kinda odd that they went that route.
    It's pretty clear they had no real interest in Wally as a character.

His character had no real development, was devoid of any actual depth, had nothing to do with anything important going on, and had the weakest relationships on the show. He was essentially a support character who was ineffective in the role because all of his relationships were centered around his feelings for the other characters rather than how they felt about him.

So he was the least important member of the "main" cast that they could kill off for a cheap reaction.
    Last edited by Rend20; 09-02-2021 at 12:37 AM.

Was it Wally or Bart that ran the heart across country in a snowstorm to save little girl in that show? That episode is one of my favorites.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!