Page 98 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1797
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I still don't understand why if Weisman doesn't like the Speed Force, they gave Wally a totally "Speed Force death", leaving no body behind. Maybe just because CN didn't want a visible corpse on one of its series?

By the other hand, despite their troublesome handling of Wally, Young Justice was the reason of why I finally decided to read his Flash series, and I grateful for that.
    Wally's death was a clear reference to Crisis, which precedes any Speed Force stuff.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Wally's death was a clear reference to Crisis, which precedes any Speed Force stuff.
    A reference, yes, but Barry's body aged until it turned into nothing, visually it is different to just vanishing. Maybe it is just me hoping for Wally returning someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Kinda odd that they went that route. He died in a similar way to Barry Allen in crisis. So he could have taken the Flash mantle, given how rarely we get Barry in a YJ story.

Now I understand WHY they did it-they wanted to show that heroing is a dangerous game and they wanted to gut punch the audience emotionally.

But I always wondered why given Wally's death and all the off panel team deaths that happened between season 1 and 2 (Aquagirl and Jason Todd), at what point does either the League or the Team itself pull the plug?

Compared to the YJ version of the Justice League, where Hal, Barry, Diana and Oliver never had thier mishaps, the Team are practically Redshirts.
    It was Didio's DC era, it may have been Weisman's show but no Titan character were every going to meaningfully surpass their heroes. Kaldur is an exception and he is an original for the show.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    It was Didio's DC era, it may have been Weisman's show but no Titan character were every going to meaningfully surpass their heroes. Kaldur is an exception and he is an original for the show.
    There was this weird thing where Cassandra Cain wasn't Batgirl because Barbara was still alive...even though that contradicts how they handled The Flashes, which felt like a Didio thing.

Cass was also Orphan at the time as well so Greg probably went with her more recent identity. Cass hasn't been Batgirl for years at that point.

It's a symptom of putting all eggs in one creators basket. Sometimes, they might not *get* certain characters or why certain elements are important.

Extraordinary Member

I'd generally blame Didio for many things, but Weisman's affection for the Silver and Bronze Age is apparent.

It's kinda telling that Kyle Rayner or Connor Hawke haven't shown up yet.

Tho in Connor's case it might be because they might want to figure out a backstory for him that doesn't make Oliver Queen a deadbeat dad.

I get that DiDio was horrible for the comics, but why do people keep blaming him for how things pan out in adaptations? He has no control over that stuff and the only comic guy from DC with any influence over that is Geoff Johns.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I get that DiDio was horrible for the comics, but why do people keep blaming him for how things pan out in adaptations? He has no control over that stuff and the only comic guy from DC with any influence over that is Geoff Johns.
    Paul Levitz mandated that the DCAU team have a traitor on the roster, so I think Didio had a say, even if he didn't actually influence YJ. I think Geoff just shares ideas, source material, and notes, but IDK.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Paul Levitz mandated that the DCAU team have a traitor on the roster, so I think Didio had a say, even if he didn't actually influence YJ. I think Geoff just shares ideas, source material, and notes, but IDK.
    I never knew that.

Mandate is a strong word. Levitz suggested the idea of Hawkgirl being a mole and the creative team went for it.The DCAU have to ask permission to use DC characters and they also get feedback from Levitz on how they're going to use those characters. For instance, DC was not okay with using the JSA so they came up with the Justice Guild onstead instead and they also weren't okay with how Hawkman was going to be used in Starcrossed so they replaced him Hro Talak (notice that his name is an anagram for Katar Hol?). For Superman:TAS they also had to follow the 'Last Son of Krypton' guideline so Kara couldn't be Clark's biological cousin and instead came from the sister planet Argo but they acted no differently than actual biological twins.

So yeah, DC has some say over how their characters are depicted on screen. I doubt we are going to see stories were Barry is killed off, Hal becomes evil and calls himself Parallex or any of the Titans generation meaningfully replacing their mentors stories any time soon.

Spectacular Member

speaking of young justice, heres some art i requested from a fan artists on reddit.

We have Wally at least until next March: https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-jeremy...est-interview/

If Wally and Linda go out for a night or they are both busy with their jobs, who would babysit the Irey and Jai?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    We have Wally at least until next March: https://www.cbr.com/the-flash-jeremy...est-interview/
    Great news! I love what he says here about wanting to go bimonthly. I need more of this run!

If Wally and Linda go out for a night or they are both busy with their jobs, who would babysit the Irey and Jai?
    Bart should be old enough to babysit. I'd love an issue where everyone else is busy so they have no choice but get Bart to watch the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    Great interview! I love Adams run. Love his enthusiasm.

Long live Wally West!