Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Really looking forward to this but Ewing deserves a better artist, no shade but his writing is just so detailed in it's character voices it deserves an artist who stuff doesn't look stock. It needs vilerio or a Javier rodriguez because it deserves it. though my ultimate dream team would be ewing and david lopez.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

He deserves a Dauterman or Pepe or Silva.

Dude imagine RB Silva on this title. I can't believe the x-office gave him up.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

It won't load for me.
    My flag is bacon.

It’s loading now. Looks great. Loving this book. Can’t wait to see the teaser for X-men Red at the end of the issue too.

And that’s how you draw Cable’s techno-organics underneath that metal plating on his arm…

Perfection!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    He deserves a Dauterman or Pepe or Silva.

Dude imagine RB Silva on this title. I can't believe the x-office gave him up.
    I don't think i could handle dauterman, silva, or pepe on this team written by ewing. i would have to preorder every issue. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Or Marcus To. He really evolved on Excalibur from the early days and put the work in. Arrako drawn by him, i could so see it. ohhh weee.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Love this book.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I just hope Eden, Frenzy, and Peepers wind up in the replacement book.
    My flag is bacon.

Eden: Nah, that's Winter Soldier. Cable's the other metal arm fella. The pouch fella.

LOL!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    I just hope Eden, Frenzy, and Peepers wind up in the replacement book.
    Same. Those three for sure. Maybe Wiz Kid too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Eden: Nah, that's Winter Soldier. Cable's the other metal arm fella. The pouch fella.

LOL!
    That was pretty good… even though Cable predates the Winter Solider by decades and inspired scores of cybernetic excess pouch-having Image knockoffs in the 90s. Bucky basically stole his schtick, but he’s an Avengers character and made it to the big screen first so oh well. Nathan would still whip his ass.

This is one of those moments really undercut with the resurrection protocalls. Hell, given that they brought OG Cable back not that long ago its baffling they brought him back with the virus in him.

You’d have to read Cable #11 for the complete explanation, but basically Hope told them to resurrect him with the virus. He’s essentially mastered it at this point, and also wants to continue studying it in the event someone tries to weaponize it in the future against the X-men. Furthermore, in the S.W.O.R.D. data pages a very well done explanation is given for it too. Basically, he needs the virus because without it his vast powers could burn his system out without the virus to keep them in check. We’ve actually seen this in the books in the past, and X-man had the same problem. So the TK keeps the virus in check and the virus keeps the TK in check.

In retrospect with what we now know about Apocalypse it makes you wonder if he wasn’t necessarily trying to kill him or even harm him when he infected him as an infant, but rather he was saving his life and helping to harden him for what was to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    You’d have to read Cable #11 for the complete explanation, but basically Hope told them to resurrect him with the virus. He’s essentially mastered it at this point, and also wants to continue studying it in the event someone tries to weaponize it in the future against the X-men. Furthermore, in the S.W.O.R.D. data pages a very well done explanation is given for it too. Basically, he needs the virus because without it his vast powers could burn his system out without the virus to keep them in check. We’ve actually seen this in the books in the past, and X-man had the same problem. So the TK keeps the virus in check and the virus keeps the TK in check.

In retrospect with what we now know about Apocalypse it makes you wonder if he wasn’t necessarily trying to kill him or even harm him when he infected him as an infant, but rather he was saving his life and helping to harden him for what was to come.
    Excellent summary and I like that theory regarding Apocalypse.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I wish i would have continued as we did not see so many focused on yet, like Armor, Risque, the security guys like Forearm, Random and Slab, or mentallo.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================