Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    I don't see how she could be anything other than a secret Cuckoo given how personal this seems to be for them.
    (Emma's sisters are also rather irrelevant, their potential daughter would be even more so)

There's also the question of who "they" might be, that "should have known" and "do know", but "don't care" and "will ruin it".

Either the other Hellfire Kids or the Krakoan government. In that latter case I assume that this new Cuckoo would not be covered by the Resurrection Protocols due to being a superfluous clone.
    Idk how any Emma fan thinks her sisters are irrelevant they’re a huge part of her history

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Idk how any Emma fan thinks her sisters are irrelevant they’re a huge part of her history
    Maybe not quite irrelevant to the character, but to comic readers. They did after all only appear in Generation X (not counting the Emma Frost solo), and even there they were used minimally, Adrienne only appeared briefly at the end of the series when things disintegrated and most people had lost interest, and Cordelia was so insignificant the writers did not even bother to define her powers.

I don´t think Emma´s sister (so far) are very relevant in her story... Cordelia does not have defined powers (an empath? but that is more speculation than anything else) and Adrienne served as an "evil Emma" so the the good Emma could cement her reputation as an anti-hero (going to hero). I don´t find them interesting either to be honest. They can remain in the limbo as fas as I am concerned... too many family members water-down the main character.. I think that is the reason Sara Grey and children have not been resurrected...
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

spoilers:
    looks like on Mars the Hellfire Trading Co. has their own. designated area; hopefully we get to see the Marauders go and visit up there, i would like to see Emma interact with the Arrakii mutants more. Also i would love to see Emma in space more lol can’t remember the last time she went up there haha
    end of spoilers
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Okay, so... I'm brand new here, and I wanted to comment on this thread because apparently Emma literally connected everyone at the gala's minds to Iceman on Mars. And if that isn't a powerful range feat, I don't know what is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Rosenhart View Post
    Okay, so... I'm brand new here, and I wanted to comment on this thread because apparently Emma literally connected everyone at the gala's minds to Iceman on Mars. And if that isn't a powerful range feat, I don't know what is.
    Yeah I'm not even sure how that's possible Emma is strong but she's not supposed to be THAT strong. Maybe they had an active Krakoan gate nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah I'm not even sure how that's possible Emma is strong but she's not supposed to be THAT strong. Maybe they had an active Krakoan gate nearby.
    Or the most logical answer, that Jean and/or Quentin connected them

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Totally!
    33476D1C-79CF-45E8-82FA-977874DC6EDE.jpg

Yeah, it read that Emma was more like the presenter of the display. Alternatively, all if not most telepaths are boosting each other.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I think it makes sense. She's reached across the planet before without assistance. Sure, Mars is much further away, but considering that Jean, an omega telepath with the most raw power, was able to reach Otherworld, which is a separate dimension entirely, with her telepathy, I don't see why Emma wouldn't be able to reach over to the next planet as an alpha telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah, it read that Emma was more like the presenter of the display. Alternatively, all if not most telepaths are boosting each other.
    That may be the case. It could have been a team effort. I'm just glad we're actually seeing her use her telepathy. She's been behind the scenes or seen in council meetings or in the Hellfire Trading Company recently, but not often in the field or battle, so we haven't gotten many feats for her at all recently. I'm glad we at least got this.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yeah thats how I saw it. It was similar to what Jean did with Xavier in HOX. He was able to visualize to the rest of the group what Jean was transmitting

Yeah thats how I saw it. It was similar to what Jean did with Xavier in HOX. He was able to visualize to the rest of the group what Jean was transmitting
    Yeah, exactly what I was reminded of.

Plus, this whole era has been pushing the idea of co-operative power uses as well, so I would think by this point most telepaths don't have much problems accessing/boosting each other.