Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

CBR lists Emma as a no longer important character (https://www.cbr.com/xmen-characters-...ger-important/). She is said she has fallen from grace from her Utopian times when she was "second in command". I actually do not agree at all. She is much more fun to read now and I think she is way more relevant nowadays. At Utopia she was basically Scottīs radio! I liked Scemma but I think she is better as having Scott as a on-off lover and all this posthuman poliamourous stuff and a Council Member and leader of Krakoan economy. It fits her. Your thoughts? Fallen from grace or more relevant?
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

Quote Originally Posted by darkalamator View Post
    CBR lists Emma as a no longer important character (https://www.cbr.com/xmen-characters-...ger-important/). She is said she has fallen from grace from her Utopian times when she was "second in command". I actually do not agree at all. She is much more fun to read now and I think she is way more relevant nowadays. At Utopia she was basically Scottīs radio! I liked Scemma but I think she is better as having Scott as a on-off lover and all this posthuman poliamourous stuff and a Council Member and leader of Krakoan economy. It fits her. Your thoughts? Fallen from grace or more relevant?
    If this was pre Hickman I MIGHT agree; but it's not. She's on the QC, the political face of Krakoa, running HFTC, works with/on the Marauders, still fooling around with Cyclops, all while planning the X-event of the year for the Hellfire Gala. This writer needs to look at someone's resume and not just place value on if a character is sleeping with the main character.

Not to mention the expansion of the Frost Family with Christian now becoming a regular player and Cuckoos continually a reoccurring role.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    If this was pre Hickman I MIGHT agree; but it's not. She's on the QC, the political face of Krakoa, running HFTC, works with/on the Marauders, still fooling around with Cyclops, all while planning the X-event of the year for the Hellfire Gala. This writer needs to look at someone's resume and not just place value on if a character is sleeping with the main character.

Not to mention the expansion of the Frost Family with Christian now becoming a regular player and Cuckoos continually a reoccurring role.

Agree. Pre-Hickman Emma had faded from relevance a bit what with the disaster that was IvX and only popping up sporadically afterward (I did like how she was used in the Teen Jean solo) but she's as relevant as ever now. You could argue she's the headliner of the Hellfire Gala event, which is shaping up to be important.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

CBR lists are basically cesspits filled to overflowing.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post

Plus I think the writer forgot that Emma Frost had a long history as White Queen of the Hellfire Club and CEO of Frost Enterprises. What Hickman did with her during Utopia is basically her true self. A skill businesswoman and diplomat.

In this phase of the hickman Emma is having a good development in general and if compared to other X women

Hope Emma gets some great moments in this event and is central to an event for a change.

What's the story with the Sentinel from the future with the long neck. They said it's a character we know is it Cameron Hodge.

Emma-Frost-Design-by-Bernard.jpg
    the White Queen for Mutant Force by Bernard Chang.
    For all your Rogue needs, give us a visit!
    https://www.facebook.com/BringBackBrawlinRogueSugah

^^ great outfit. It will be nice to see it in color. (although, I guess, it will have a lot of.. white)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Enh...low-rise hipster pants are so...dated. (And not really a fan of Chang's art style)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by seccruz View Post
    That's a good look for her. A nice blend of her Hellfire outfit and her Astonishing uniforms.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I hope this is a pair of pants ...

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I hope this is a pair of pants ...
    It is. No worries.

I am not very convinced... very standard and dull... Emma can do better. And I am afraid I am neither a big fan of Chang art.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

idk if its just me but I wish Emma showed up more in Marauders, i feel like she rarely is shown anymore and just has appearances sprinkled in every book every now and then. I just want her to have a more permanent stay in a book. I love how important she is, i just want he to see her in a dedicated book i kinda hate having to guess which book emmas going to be in every week
    Last edited by Diammandis; 04-16-2021 at 10:35 AM.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer