Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

You're thinking of X-men #3, when they both arrive late at the Council, clearly just coming from...hanging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This?

That the FF mini. I believe they are referring to X-Men #3 where the start of the issue the Council is waiting on them to arrive and Emma and Jean have some banter.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    The beautiful evolution of Emma Frost; look at her moving from up to the ranks to become a the pillars of all this X, Xavier and Magneto. Cyclops who?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    Was this the image that was supposed to trigger us? Haha, it's cool to have confirmation she will play a role in Inferno. I hope it's not just a case of missleading promos.

I mean, Emma can't be trusted. She doesn't even trust herself some times (It's why she tends to keep Kate around even). So that's fine. I do wonder given that she's obviously not in league with Xavier and Erick and given the trial if Inferno will play out more as a power struggle between the three, fighting for control, while Raven scheme all their downfalls. Or Moira steps in to stop their nonesense.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Wasn't there a scene of Scott walking Emma into a Quiet Council meeting that was clearly meant to imply they'd spent the night together? Maybe I'm misremembering.
    I didn't get that at all. Same with the FF panel just posted.

Ya'll are reading into things.

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

We are reading because Hickman clearly meant us to.

Yeah there's a few scenes in Cable too and the Sinister Secrets thing saying it

Quote Originally Posted by ButterRum View Post

The thing is, since the Trouple idea was put into the books, none of these relationships has been spoken on panel. So interpretation and context clues its all we got. On panel Jean has kissed both Logan and Scott, and has been openly physically affectionate with both. Scott and Emma have only flirted. And Logan and Scott had subtextual conversations. So the jury's out until Marvel has the balls to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    We are reading because Hickman clearly meant us to.
    I honestly think if he didn't have Marvel protecting the IP, he would be more explecit. Like how DC claims Batman... is a selfish lovers cause "heroes don't do that"

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Yeah there's a few scenes in Cable too and the Sinister Secrets thing saying it
    Yeah, the most clear thing indicating something are the Sinister Secrets. But those are coloured the whole gossipy feel to them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    The thing is, since the Trouple idea was put into the books, none of these relationships has been spoken on panel. So interpretation and context clues its all we got. On panel Jean has kissed both Logan and Scott, and has been openly physically affectionate with both. Scott and Emma have only flirted. And Logan and Scott had subtextual conversations. So the jury's out until Marvel has the balls to confirm.

I honestly think if he didn't have Marvel protecting the IP, he would be more explecit. Like how DC claims Batman... is a selfish lovers cause "heroes don't do that"

Yeah, the most clear thing indicating something are the Sinister Secrets. But those are coloured the whole gossipy feel to them.
    The only thing we know for sure is that Jean is intimate with both logan and Scott.
    People thinking Logan and Scott are bi now is reaching a lot, they haven't even hinted at that IIRC.
    And FF mini was written by Zdarsky and Hickman did not plan for that to be a thing so if Emma Scott is backed by only that then that's pretty flimsy.

And then Swords of X where Emma says do you want me to come my love. And in X-Men 3 where she says so will love you more if you beat them up

Yeah, also makes no sense for Jean to be allowed a poly relationship\open marriage, but Scott not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, also makes no sense for Jean to be allowed a poly relationship\open marriage, but Scott not.
    Yeah, there's no problem if Scott is with Emma.Unless it's only between them 3.
    But we need a little more than slight flirting(this is Emma btw, not exactly someone whose modest in her dialogue) to say they are in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah, there's no problem if Scott is with Emma.Unless it's only between them 3.
    But we need a little more than slight flirting(this is Emma btw, not exactly someone whose modest in her dialogue) to say they are in one.
    Odds are that this little side plot was dropped.

We know several things changed from Hickman's initial plans, this might well be one of them.

I don't know if anything was dropped, but rather there's a lot of self censorship going on. I view this attempt at Poly or whatever it is, similar to how Queer characters were first introduced in media. Most will be hinted, but not said out loud in the text.

You could read it as everyone's doing each other or you could view it as people with a lot of history being intimite with each other. So they are attempting to please the people that want it and the people that don't, but for the most part, no one's happy.

Textually, Scott and Jean are the only ones together. There's stuff with Logan here and there, but nothing that can't be explained away if you want to try.
    Subtextually: All four have engage in dialogue that hints at something. Emma/Jean talking pre Council meeting, Emma flirting with Scott, Scott and Logan's conversation on the Moon. Scott's reaction to Logan killing Jean. At the very least, they are all very comfortable with each other now as oppose to the friction that existed pre-Krakoa.