Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I don't know if anything was dropped, but rather there's a lot of self censorship going on. I view this attempt at Poly or whatever it is, similar to how Queer characters were first introduced in media. Most will be hinted, but not said out loud in the text.

You could read it as everyone's doing each other or you could view it as people with a lot of history being intimite with each other. So they are attempting to please the people that want it and the people that don't, but for the most part, no one's happy.

Textually, Scott and Jean are the only ones together. There's stuff with Logan here and there, but nothing that can't be explained away if you want to try.
    Subtextually: All four have engage in dialogue that hints at something. Emma/Jean talking pre Council meeting, Emma flirting with Scott, Scott and Logan's conversation on the Moon. Scott's reaction to Logan killing Jean. At the very least, they are all very comfortable with each other now as oppose to the friction that existed pre-Krakoa.
    How you gonna explain Jean kissing Logan and then cyclops calling her to bed in the same comic though.
    Cyclops say it happen, clearly Jean is doing them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    How you gonna explain Jean kissing Logan and then cyclops calling her to bed in the same comic though.
    I'm not saying you can do it succesfully!

But yeah, let's play around and say I was one of the deniers, that scene, which happens in X-Force if we're thinking of the same one, happens when a lot of the cast is being bombarded with psychic nightmares. The kiss is followed by a grizzly vision of Logan as a corpse. One could make the case that the psychic attack started with the kiss, and that it never happened. See what I mean? If one wants to, they can rationalize it away some way or another.

X-Force in particular is the only book I've seen the relationship spotlighted in any way as wel, as they also have that hot tub scene, which to me is the hardest one to explain away.

Extraordinary Member

But yeah, let's play around and say I was one of the deniers, that scene, which happens in X-Force if we're thinking of the same one, happens when a lot of the cast is being bombarded with psychic nightmares. The kiss is followed by a grizzly vision of Logan as a corpse. One could make the case that the psychic attack started with the kiss, and that it never happened. See what I mean? If one wants to, they can rationalize it away some way or another.

X-Force in particular is the only book I've seen the relationship spotlighted in any way as wel, as they also have that hot tub scene, which to me is the hardest one to explain away.
    I mean you can explain anything away if you try really hard.
    Again the joint living quarters, the Hickman double hug is subtext that can be denied.
    The kissing and hot tub s*x can't be.

Again maybe they all are under influence under krakoa or something, but as of right now I think we can say it is indeed happening

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    Odds are that this little side plot was dropped.

We know several things changed from Hickman's initial plans, this might well be one of them.
    I believe so. One minute they're poly next minute they only have eyes for each other. JDW also mentioned this.
    It could very well be that the poly-sub-sub-plot was ongoing until it wasn't. Plus...It's not like fan reaction (which they are ALL fully aware of) was so overwhelmingly positive that it had to be followed through. So yeah...on the chopping block it went.

My initial reaction/perception to the Dawn of X books was that there were too many balls thrown up in the air. And things needed to be streamlined and condensed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

I mean you can explain anything away if you try really hard.
    Again the joint living quarters, the Hickman double hug is subtext that can be denied.

Again maybe they all are under influence under krakoa or something, but as of right now I think we can say it is indeed happening
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I believe so. One minute they're poly next minute they only have eyes for each other. JDW also mentioned this.
    It could very well be that the poly-sub-sub-plot was ongoing until it wasn't. Plus...It's not like fan reaction (which they are ALL fully aware of) was so overwhelmingly positive that it had to be followed through. So yeah...on the chopping block it went.

My initial reaction/perception to the Dawn of X books was that there were too many balls thrown up in the air. And things needed to be streamlined and condensed.
    The implied consensual "poly" crap was just out and out stupid... Also, can someone please tell me what X-Force issue(s) you people are talking about? Thanks
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-09-2021 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    The implied consensual "poly" crap was just out and out stupid... Also, can someone please tell me what X-Force issue(s) you people are talking about? Thanks
    18 or 19 for the kiss. I want to say the scene in question happens in 18 but the story is those two issues.

The hot tub scene happens in the issue where Jean quit the team, but I don't remember what was the issue of the top of my head. 14 or 15 maybe?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I agree it's wildly out of character and only stuff like Sins past has it beat in that department.
    Again I'm not a Jott or Jogan shipper so it's fine for me but fans have a right to be pissed if they feel like.

It doesn't feel like a three-way relation to me, Jean and Scott seems have the married vibe, w/ Jean getting Logan on the side.And scott flirts with Emma every once in a while.

I mean, even if they are going at it all at once Scott seems to be the emotional partner and husband, Logan is the side piece and f*ckbuddy.I don't know what that says about Scott....

I agree it's wildly out of character and only stuff like Sins past has it beat in that department.
    Again I'm not a Jott or Jogan shipper so it's fine for me but fans have a right to be pissed if they feel like.

It doesn't feel like a three-way relation to me, Jean and Scott seems have the married vibe, w/ Jean getting Logan on the side.And scott flirts with Emma every once in a while.

I mean, even if they are going at it all at once Scott seems to be the emotional partner and husband, Logan is the side piece and f*ckbuddy.I don't know what that says about Scott....
    What is says about anyone may say more about who's making the claim than the character in question.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Can you tell me if this tweet is real?

FB_IMG_1628595616375.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's from May 2020. So most likely irrelevant at this point.
    But it's quite funny. And true for Emma. (going by her response to the Russian sea thugs on the ship in M08?)
    I've come across some humans who are Boredom incarnate.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    What is says about anyone may say more about who's making the claim than the character in question.
    Care to elaborate?
    Aside from being passive aggressive, we are here to talk about these characters, and comics specially with plot points like this one which aren't explicitly stated will always have been filtered through prespective. Maybe you want to give yours?

Why the asterisk, Spidey? Sex is not a curse word... 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

FB_IMG_1628595616375.jpg
    Even if its not, its still true.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post

FB_IMG_1628595616375.jpg
    I mean, largely I feel the same.