Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    They are not in a "dead tie," though, hence why he has needed her training. The way I see it, there are gradations in the Omega Level category, and mutants who are categorized as such by their power/ability classification - in this case, telepathy - can alternately be at a higher level than the other, and always at a higher level than those who have not been deemed Omega Level Mutants.
    They are in a dead tie thats why they both are considered OLMs. Skill is just not part of the equation and Quentin is proof of that.

Also QQ got exhausted before Emma

You're just making stuff up now. There are no Graduations of OLM. The definition is clear. Quentin and Jean are dead tie as OLM otherwise one would be higher then the other and not on the list. It's display of raw power skill is not a factor.

You can theorize as much as you want, but there are plenty of holes in that theory.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 08-22-2021 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    They are in a dead tie thats why they both are considered OLMs. Skill is just not part of the equation and Quentin is proof of that.
    I've already explained how skill, strength, and scope are naturally factored into categorizing someone as an Omega Level Mutant (OLM). Now, an argument can be made for stating that scope and strength may be the dominant factors to consider when deciding whether to deem a mutant Omega Level. Nevertheless, the skill of an OLM will always be squared to that of a non-OLM because their skill is rooted in the undefinable upper limits of the scope and strength of their power/ability, which makes the upper limit of their skill growth undefinable as well. Moreover, skill is mutable, it shifts and changes, especially concerning OLMs, because, again, they have an infinite amount of power/ability (i.e., in this case, Jean and Quentin are capable of doing anything, both imagined and not, pertaining to telepathy) to work with.

Furthermore, if they were in a dead-tie regarding their skill and strength, Jean wouldn't have needed to train him. By the way, I am not negating that Quentin and Jean are equal in terms of scope.

My Bottom Line: Based on the definition for Omega Level Mutants and the definitions of the terms used within that definition, comparing them to non-Omega Level Mutants is like comparing apples to potatoes. There is no comparison or equivalency.
    Last edited by Mercury; 08-22-2021 at 02:35 PM.

I've already explained how skill, strength, and scope are naturally factored into categorizing someone as an Omega Level Mutant (OLM). Now, an argument can be made for stating that scope and strength may be the dominant factors to consider when deciding whether to deem a mutant Omega Level. Nevertheless, the skill of an OLM will always be squared to that of a non-OLM because their skill is rooted in the undefinable upper limits of the scope and strength of their power/ability, which makes the upper limit of their skill growth undefinable as well. Moreover, skill is mutable, it shifts and changes, especially concerning OLMs, because, again, they have an infinite amount of power to work with.

Furthermore, if they were in a dead-tie regarding their skill and strength, Jean wouldn't have needed to train him. By the way, I am not negating that Quentin and Jean are equal in terms of scope.

My Bottom Line: Based on the definition for Omega Level Mutants and the definitions of the terms used within that definition, comparing them to non-Omega Level Mutants is like comparing apples to potatoes. There is no comparison or equivalent.
    No you just argued against your own theory within this post.

If Jean had to train Kid Omega and yet both are tied for the OLM spot. Then skill isn't a factor at all. As Jean is obviously more skilled then Quentin.

Hell even the Cuckoo's seem to have a better competency of their powers skill wise then Quentin. And a single Cuckoo no less in Quentins own comic

Anyway back to Emma Frost Appreciation I was trawling through some comics and was reminded of these beauties.

Age of X Legion was terrified of the following telepaths

And this one is from X-Men Legacy when Emmas powers were broken where they manage to poison his mind into a KO

And then Zeb Wells New Mutants where Emma murders him in a fit of rage and Magik has to alter the timeline

And with Broken powers able to take him on and potentially winning. Before Blindfold interfered punched her out
    Attached Images Attached Images

I suggest we take this up in the Omega Level thread so as not to continue ruining the experience for Emma fans who just want to have fun in this thread.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5695529

Let's start delving into the Omega Level Mutant (OLM) definition.

The word "power" as used in the OLM definition refers to mutant ability - these two words are often interchanged when used to term what mutants can do - which comprises scope, skill, and strength. Per the OLM definition, an OLM has an "undefinable upper limit" of scope, skill, and strength in their specific power/ability classification (e.g., telepathy, weather manipulation, telekinesis, etc.). Furthermore, this "undefinable upper limit" ensures that OLMs will continue or have the potential to grow in scope, skill, and strength indefinitely. In other words, an OLM has an "undefinable upper limit" of growth in skill, scope, and strength.

Moreover, there are gradations in the OLM category. Two or more mutants who are categorized OLM by the same power/ability classification (e.g., Jean Grey and Quentin Quire under telepathy) can alternately be at a higher level than the other in the manifestation of these three factors (i.e., again, scope, skill, and strength). Additionally, OLMs will always be at a considerably higher level than non-OLM mutants within the same power/ability classification in the manifestation of the aforementioned factors of said classification due to the undefinability of their upper limits in each.

PyroFN, I don't recall Hickman ever stating that his definition of an Omega Level Mutant is "purely based on raw strength," so I'm going to go by the cluster of official Oxford definitions I posted above in my interpretation of Hickman's definition.

In either case, I get where you're coming from, but I think we can agree to disagree here. As far as I am concerned, Emma is neither equal nor superior to Jean, Quentin, or Xavier in any way. (In fact, if I recall, didn't she need the help of the Cuckoos to subdue Quentin in New X-Men?) Nevertheless, Emma is undoubtedly one of the most powerful and skillful telepaths in existence. I am certainly not questioning or negating this. In fact, as I posted above, she ranks in skill, strength, and scope about midrange in the top five of all telepaths in existence. She is certainly amazing in her own right. That is all.
    That’s fine.

No, she didn’t need the Cuckoos help. The Cuckoos took it upon themselves to subdue Quentin, which only makes Quentin look worse, since they succeeded in their mission.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroFN View Post
    she's so bloody bad-ass.
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by airdreams View Post
    she's so bloody bad-ass.
    Who? Sorry, the quote thing isn’t showing anything. So I have no clue as the context of this response.

I always liked that moment in Gillen's run a lot.

To add a little something to the Emma's tp discussion we have to consider Emma's view on morals and ethics and how she has no problem on doing things most of her psychic peers wouldn't dare to do unless not left with much choice or in a fit of emotion. Going back to Jean as an example, the way she was taught was all about restrained and control and respect for others' minds. Emma learned it through deception and survival. How to get ahead of anyone else before they got the best of her. Is even why Emma can one up Xavier from time to time, because unlike Xavier, she doesn't pretend that what she does is not an invasion of privacy of the highest order, but if it furthers her or a cause she believes in she'll do it in a heartbeat. And so over the years can probably do psychic surgery in a much more calculated way than anyone else, just on pure experience alone.

Just some fun I had in photoshop. Thought I'd share it with the Emma fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

These are great. she would be a dream casting for sure.

Though I love that Emma's firmly back as being part of the X-Books, I do feel she lost her shot at getting into the MCU earlier, since before this she was popping up more in other MU books as a guest star. Who knows when we will actually get mutants, let alone Emma adapted there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

Perfect live-action costume for Emma in my opinion.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yup! That outfit SLAPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I agree. Lukac Werneck did an amazing job with all of his concept designs for the X-Men. They feel practical, true to character, and achievable for adaptation to live-action.

I was re-reading Marauders and i must say i really do hate this fight, like im just so lost on why she would need to flash a whole bunch of fodders in order to use her TP on them?? Like she should have had no problem handling them without flashing them
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    I was re-reading Marauders and i must say i really do hate this fight, like im just so lost on why she would need to flash a whole bunch of fodders in order to use her TP on them?? Like she should have had no problem handling them without flashing them
    I think Duggan was trying to channel Emma's lack of prudeness and make use of the fact that how she looks and dresses is a much of a weapon as her powers. I do think this was handle clunkily, but I don't hate it in practice. I mean, there is history:

I think that Marauders is trying for go for camp a lot of the time but doesn't quite land correctly.